wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 31.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Being involved or not is a personal choice...but if you enjoy our small, niche hobby, not wanting them to succeed is ludicrous.

Always a few dickheads who were either never interested in the pin or got out early and want it to fail, want people to lose their money, Why?

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Three simple things to avoid that.
Don't lie or obfusicate facts.
Respond to and address concerns/problems before they become bigger issues.
Be transparent. If xyz caused a delay, say xyz caused a delay. Don't make something up and do some hand waving.
If you are honest and direct with people and actually listen and address their concerns, that will go a very long way even if there is a production delay. If you are dishonest, ignore people, or brush off concerns, then credibility, patience, and goodwill go out the window.
It's my personal opinion that most manufacturers who used to post here failed at one or more of those things, which resulted in negative reactions from people in return.

Are you familiar with the Kobayashi Maru?

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Kobayashi Maru

nerd alert!

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Once Alien is released, I could see someone shooting a pinball documentary about Andrew's passion and struggles bringing his Alien vision to market.

Someone should be shooting a documentary right now and get real time footage of that struggle.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

What are you talking about, dude? The game is an absolute disaster right now. If by solid you mean "bricked", then yes.

The overall game is very good, of course they have to work thru some technical problems, but they have a theme and a game that a lot of people want, and from my view they have done a very good job of turning the Alien/Aliens franchise into a pinball machine.

Tech issues can be overcome, but you can't recover if no one likes the theme, or the execution of it is bad, not the case here.

#1056 6 years ago

At least I'm not alone!

#1057 6 years ago

The real nerd alert would probably only come from knowing it from Wrath of Kahn. The newer movies aren't as nerdy... If nerdy-ness is even a thing anymore

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The newer movies aren't as nerdy... If nerdy-ness is even a thing anymore

and not as good either, not much to remember from the new ones.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

not much to remember from the new ones.

I remember lens flare, lots and lots of dramatic lens flare. They were fun while I watched them though.

#1060 6 years ago

How are the marketing geniuses in Wales doing on week 3 of acquisition of company?
No posts in weeks, no news, website in limbo.
I strongly suggest new owners be a little more proactive with this much money on the line.
Glad tp see a couple refunds and trickle tech support. But condidence is lacking with the paying public.
The lack of communication from Re-birth is dumb founding.

#1061 6 years ago

The insiders and staff keep posting that things are moving positively behind the scenes, but I agree, a huge component of what is needed is PR.

#1062 6 years ago

No posts are needed until their act is together. There has been too many misleading posts on the other thread already. Once there is REAL news please post, until then everyone awaits.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How are the marketing geniuses in Wales doing on week 3 of acquisition of company?

I was told they would take over last Monday so it hasn't even been 2 weeks and I emailed them got a quick response that its taken a bit longer than expected to gain control of all aspects, Jesus give them some time, Of course we would all love daily reports and all refunds sent and here's the line moving with games but that's not the case. Pinside sucks sometimes.

#1064 6 years ago

I have heard the same thing from them. They are still waiting to take control of social media accounts & rework the website, then they can control the PR message. These things take time, it's only been a little over a week since they took over.

#1065 6 years ago

Stay tuned!!!

#1066 6 years ago

I love how everyone heard "new money" and expected the line to be cranked up to full speed 48hrs later.

This will take time...for everything...refunds, games, organized PR. These guys have run companies but not a pinball manufacturing company. They need to get comfortable with the Whole Picture and then plan a way forward. I'm sure some things look good and some things were a total cluster fuck. They are going to have to uncluster and then get organized, then get all the parts they need (which will also take time) and then hire a crew to actually build these things. Ain't happenin' tomorrow...but I think it will happen.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I love how everyone heard "new money" and expected the line to be cranked up to full speed 48hrs later.
This will take time...for everything...refunds, games, organized PR. These guys have run companies but not a pinball manufacturing company. They need to get comfortable with the Whole Picture and then plan a way forward. I'm sure some things look good and some things were a total cluster fuck. They are going to have to uncluster and then get organized, then get all the parts they need (which will also take time) and then hire a crew to actually build these things. Ain't happenin' tomorrow...but I think it will happen.

HP_INVESTOR started this thread 20 days ago.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

hp_investor started this thread 20 days ago.

which was 2 weeks ahead of when they actually took the company...they dropped in to stop the pinside freakout

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

which was 2 weeks ahead of when they actually took the company...they dropped in to stop the pinside freakout

I'm surprised they haven't chimed into their own thread, after promising frequent updates and to reveal a detailed business strategy and plan. They should be able to announce the official company name and organizational structure now that everything is done, right? That would be a little bit of info. Announce when we'll get to hear the business plan and strategy and structure. When will refunds be addressed? He doesn't need all the info to start talking some.

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wisely so.

#1071 6 years ago

I'm surprised they haven't chimed in to their own thread

I hope they stay off pinside and just work. They have emailed me with updates since I am a customer. That's good enough on my end. This place creates unnecessary turmoil.

#1072 6 years ago

I'm surprised they haven't chimed in to their own thread after promising frequent updates and to reveal a detailed business strategy. They should be able to announce the official name and structure now that everything is done, right? That would be a little bit of info. Announce when we'll get the business plan and strategy and structure.

I get the feeling that they want their actions to speak for them. Andrew posted a lot and everyone thought that was great...until it wasn't. I think they want to avoid any promises they might not be able to keep since in manufacturing you can not control everything....like when parts will arrive.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This place creates unnecessary turmoil.

Ya think??

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I hope they stay off pinside and just work. They have emailed me with updates since I am a customer. That's good enough on my end. This place creates unnecessary turmoil.

We are working don't you worry about that. The investors have made their statement and won't be posting on Pinside again, it's not how they work. All official announcements will be posted on our website and social media from this day forth.

Unofficially​, as one Pinsider to another, I can tell you that behind the scenes substantial funds have now been transferred and so refunds can now be processed and parts ordered.

If you want your money back, you'll get it all back. If you want your game, you'll get your game. That's an absolute certainty. When? As soon as we can.

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

We are working don't you worry about that. The investors have made their statement and won't be posting on Pinside again, it's not how they work. All official announcements will be posted on our website and social media from this day forth.
Unofficially​, as one Pinsider to another, I can tell you that behind the scenes substantial funds have now been transferred and so refunds can now be processed and parts ordered.
If you want your money back, you'll get it all back. If you want your game, you'll get your game. That's an absolute certainty. When? As soon as we can.

believe me after all the doodoo from andrew i really want my game.
get people their games and the orders are gonna come in.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

2 Weeks?

#1079 6 years ago

It'll likely be more than two weeks. I think this is going to be a case of actions speaking louder than words.

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pinside sucks sometimes.

You sound like my exwife blaming me for something she did. Pinside is made up of people, so it isn't Pinside that sucks, it's people. And these people have been getting the runaround for a while, so of course they are impatient. In this case it is justified. You can't magically clean the slate of what's happened by saying "new owners". The company has to prove it.

#1081 6 years ago

you people still think they're going to make pinball machines lol

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No posts in weeks, no news, website in limbo.
I strongly suggest new owners be a little more proactive with this much money on the line.
Glad tp see a couple refunds and trickle tech support. But condidence is lacking with the paying public.
The lack of communication from Re-birth is dumb founding.

It's astounding to see that some ignorant people still think taking over a complete company is as easy as casual farting. I just walked that road and it took me 8 months to complete it all, having my hands full with all kinds of administrative hell.

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You sound like my exwife blaming me for something she did. Pinside is made up of people, so it isn't Pinside that sucks, it's people. And these people have been getting the runaround for a while, so of course they are impatient. In this case it is justified. You can't magically clean the slate of what's happened by saying "new owners". The company has to prove it.

I agree that people suck, I don't care for them and seem to feel better when there not around, I also agree that its justified to be pissed off and all that, not defending Heighway but we now know the situation and the investors still aren't in control of all aspects, its been less than 2 weeks.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

It's astounding to see that some ignorant people still think taking over a complete company is as easy as casual farting. I just walked that road and it took me 8 months to complete it all, having my hands full with all kinds of administrative hell.

I think part of the problem is that Andrew has handed over the keys and left the building. This isn't some normal business transition.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

People and Pinside suck sometimes thats why you get fuck face comments like the one above.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

....All official announcements will be posted on our website and social media from this day forth....

As a customer with money on the line, I'd prefer to be contacted directly by a representative from the group and sooner rather than later. Using social media for the general public is fine, have you got a link - I can't wait to read! Still awaiting someone from the new company to respond to direct emails from myself and other paying customers too. If the new group is not going to post on pinside, should they request this thread be closed?

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think part of the problem is that Andrew has handed over the keys and left the building. This isn't some normal business transition.

It's not uncommon with distressed businesses. Workout officers at secured lenders deal with this pretty frequently.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Frankly, I'd outsource it to ARA, but that's just me...

#1089 6 years ago

Am I correct that to date there has only been one Alien L/E produced to date, the #94 from @Join_The_Cirqus? Or are there a few other Limited Editions in the wild?

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Frankly, I'd outsource it to ARA, but that's just me...

That one made me lol, thanks !!

#1091 6 years ago

As a customer with money on the line, I'd prefer to be contacted directly by a representative from the group and sooner rather than later. Using social media for the general public is fine, have you got a link - I can't wait to read! Still awaiting someone from the new company to respond to direct emails from myself and other paying customers too. If the new group is not going to post on pinside, should they request this thread be closed?

"Social Media" and "Forums" are not really valid "direct" forms of communication to current clients/customers,
even if there usages goals are to buy time (not ever a good business tactic in the grand scheme of things either)...
A phone call, an email and or direct face to face communication are valid.

All media online is at best and most adequately used as minor level PR and advertising for a product,
but, only when a product is readily available should any company eeeeeeeeeeever try to promote
that an item is available for sale.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

That one made me lol, thanks !!

Seriously though in a way, seriously, they have produced more TBL than Heighway has made ALIEN games...

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Am I correct that to date there has only been one Alien L/E produced to date, the #94 from Join_The_Cirqus? Or are there a few other Limited Editions in the wild?

that one was debunked and revealed to be a modified standard, so no LE's yet.

#1094 6 years ago

duplicate. Never mind.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Seriously though in a way, seriously, they have produced more TBL than Heighway has made ALIEN games...

Sad but true, but nonetheless the prospect of HP looks better than that of DP, also sadly enough.

#1096 6 years ago

We are happy to announce that we are in the final stages of the transition to our new ownership and management. This means we can start the process of refunding our customers, who have requested refunds. We will begin this process early next week. Affected customers will be contacted accordingly. Completing the transition will also mean that the new management will be in control of the official web page, Facebook and other communication channels, allowing for official announcements to be made.

Parts keep being ordered in large amounts to prepare for the step up in production. We will keep you updated on progress. The production schedule is coming together and will be finalized shortly for the first batch of games. Everybody wants to know their position in line and all we can say, for the time being, is that we are hard at work finding out and hope to be able to tell you soon.

We are also working hard to reach out to people with existing games that are experiencing trouble. We want to get those problems solved as quickly as possible. If you know of someone in that situation, that has not been in contact with us yet, please ask them to get in touch. They can send an e-mail to [email protected] or contact us directly on +44 (0)1495 305634

Thank you all for your time and we will be in contact next week with another update from Heighway Pinball.

#1097 6 years ago

Maybe change the name to Highway Pinball... ?

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We are happy to announce that we are in the final stages of the transition to our new ownership and management. This means we can start the process of refunding our customers, who have requested refunds. We will begin this process early next week. Affected customers will be contacted accordingly. Completing the transition will also mean that the new management will be in control of the official web page, Facebook and other communication channels, allowing for official announcements to be made.
Parts keep being ordered in large amounts to prepare for the step up in production. We will keep you updated on progress. The production schedule is coming together and will be finalized shortly for the first batch of games. Everybody wants to know their position in line and all we can say, for the time being, is that we are hard at work finding out and hope to be able to tell you soon.
We are also working hard to reach out to people with existing games that are experiencing trouble. We want to get those problems solved as quickly as possible. If you know of someone in that situation, that has not been in contact with us yet, please ask them to get in touch. They can send an e-mail to [email protected] or contact us directly on +44 (0)1495 305634
Thank you all for your time and we will be in contact next week with another update from Heighway Pinball.

Hmm .. i didn't get that email . Anybody else? Or is it a facebook post?

#1099 6 years ago

"Working hard to reach out"? I guess that means they'll let someone relay the message they sent to a select number of people?

Noice!!!

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hmm .. i didn't get that email . Anybody else? Or is it a facebook post?

I've only gotten one of the blanket emails. I've requested a refund twice from the new guys, no direct response to my request.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.