wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

a handful more of these posts and all the negativity will evaporate and they can focus on delivering their game to everyone.

That's the great thing about refunds...as soon as you can get one nobody wants one!

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

a handful more of these posts and all the negativity will evaporate and they can focus on delivering their game to everyone.

Or actually returning calls of people that already have games that need work.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from Deluxodave:

I love pinside but I'm not a fan of threads that get super crazy & emotional. I also prefer to stay on the sidelines - versus post - but I have an update I thought many would appreciate.
I was one of those guys that did a full payment pre-order for Aliens. When the news broke about the health of the company, I was frustrated and worried. Same as everyone else. I resented the fact that I wasn't a customer of Heighway Pinball, I was really an investor in Andrew's start-up. Without my knowing it, I had all the risk of an early stage investor with none of the upside.
I personally decided to ask for a refund. I needed an emotional break from this drama and to someone else's point, the investors should rescue this company on their own dime.
I'm happy to report that I've emailed & spoken with two of the investors and expressed my concerns. I received my refund in full today.
I can't speak to the investors' abilities - or how they will succeed while Andrew failed - but I can tell you they were open and ultimately stayed true to their word. In my limited experience, they were honest and have integrity. That is more than we got with Andrew in the end.
I'm sharing as I hope it makes some of you Alien pre-order customers feel better. I still would love this pin and really hope they make it.

If you don't mind, when did you ask for your refund and how long did it take to receive it? I emailed my first refund request on 6/6/17 and have yet to get a response back. It's my understanding that other's have had their requests submitted for some time and are still waiting. Thanks!

#954 6 years ago

The more refunds they issue now, the more money they will make when they slam this out of the park and have a price increase.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

If you don't mind, when did you ask for your refund and how long did it take to receive it? I emailed my first refund request on 6/6/17 and have yet to get a response back. It's my understanding that other's have had their requests submitted for some time and are still waiting. Thanks!

I asked for my refund on 6/8/17 and have yet to hear a reply. I sent another email today requesting status update of my refund....I'm guessing, I still won't hear anything....

Brian

#956 6 years ago

My request was 5/22/17
Some have been waiting a lot longer.
Just as they dribbled out an alien every now and then to bring in new pre orders, now they are dribbling out a refund for the same reason.
Same old Heighway.
I'm hearing through PM's that some are looking at going through legal channels to receive there refunds.

#957 6 years ago

I just had a lengthy productive exchange (via Skype chat) with Daniel.

To those that did a chargeback : (i called discover for this info)

In my case, DiscoverCard dispute can be settled if Heighway submits proof of a machine delivered within 60 days , which is about the time-table for the new speculated production run.

I expressed to them that i do want to receive the machine , not necessarily a refund.

Others with chargebacks may have the same "protection", especially if paid in full. You may have to claim a desire for a refund if that was your intent.

I don't want to speak for them, but they may not have access to the bank accounts to do refunds yet.

The communication has been good in my experience so far.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from Deluxodave:

I love pinside but I'm not a fan of threads that get super crazy & emotional. I also prefer to stay on the sidelines - versus post - but I have an update I thought many would appreciate.
I was one of those guys that did a full payment pre-order for Aliens. When the news broke about the health of the company, I was frustrated and worried. Same as everyone else. I resented the fact that I wasn't a customer of Heighway Pinball, I was really an investor in Andrew's start-up. Without my knowing it, I had all the risk of an early stage investor with none of the upside.
I personally decided to ask for a refund. I needed an emotional break from this drama and to someone else's point, the investors should rescue this company on their own dime.
I'm happy to report that I've emailed & spoken with two of the investors and expressed my concerns. I received my refund in full today.
I can't speak to the investors' abilities - or how they will succeed while Andrew failed - but I can tell you they were open and ultimately stayed true to their word. In my limited experience, they were honest and have integrity. That is more than we got with Andrew in the end.
I'm sharing as I hope it makes some of you Alien pre-order customers feel better. I still would love this pin and really hope they make it.

I too am one of those sidelines fans without many posts, mostly listening. Have been all in on an Alien LE since Oct 2016 and have not requested a refund. Wanted to let those of you who are like me know that I received a very positive email from Morgan today that the order is confirmed, shipping price is confirmed. I had requested order and shipping price confirmation via email. I had NOT requested manufacturing details nor shipping date information. So, I have established positive communication with the company with regard to my order. I believe that good news like this should be shared given what I've read over the past couple months. Thanks all...

#959 6 years ago

Well, some good news anyway. However, both of my requests for a refund have gone unanswered still. Hopefully they're working through a process to get back to everyone, but it still feels like I'm being ignored.

#960 6 years ago

Are the potential new owners OFFICIALLY in possession of HP yet?

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Are the potential new owners OFFICIALLY in possession of HP yet?

No. JK Rowling doesn't like Pinball, remember?

Besides, that's more of a JJP theme.

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No. JK Rowling doesn't like Pinball, remember?

Good.

#963 6 years ago

eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848 (resized).jpgeead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848 (resized).jpg

#964 6 years ago

This was in the email I got last Friday, I'm holding off my refund for now to see what happens in the next couple months but hopefully everyone who has requested a refund gets it and we can move on.

"We are working flat out getting on top of things and today is in fact the first day (June 9) that we are in control of the company, or we are gaining control as we speak I should say (it will be formal on Monday June 12). The reason for the, should we call it 'unofficial false start', a number of days ago, was merely because we had to do something to show things were in fact happening. We were aware it could be consequences/backfire short term because everybody obviously wants everything sorted asap. So would we, but in reality it takes a little more time than anyone would have wanted at this stage. We are getting in control of bank accounts and communications channels etc. piece by piece but we hope to be fully on top of everything within a week or in worst case a little more than that."

#965 6 years ago

Hello Heighway Pinball Fans,

We here at Heighway Pinball are hard at work to get the production of the hottest pinball of 2017 out to our passionate fans as soon as possible. To this end we have been diligently streamlining the process here, ordering and refining the parts that we need to deliver games to our customers as soon as we possibly can and to the highest standards.

We have also being taking part in restructuring our offices to get the most efficient performance from our staff so they can deliver a high quality service to our fans around the World. This process will continue in the coming weeks to get us ready for the push of full production.

Due to the transition phase that is underway we are there have been delays these are due to the fact that we are transferring money into the business from our accounts in Europe directly into the accounts of Heighway Pinball in the UK. The delay is due to the amount of money that is being transferred internationally and the associated bureaucracy that accompanies transactions of this nature. We ask you to please be patient with this process as we are doing all that we can to get this matter settled once and for all.

We are aiming to achieve a large amount of machines being shipped from our factory to customers in the coming months. This is a huge undertaking but we are up to the challenge of meeting this goal and getting machines into the hands of customers.

Please stay tuned in the coming weeks for more updates of the state of production at Heighway Pinball. We thank you for support and commitment to our company and hope that we can reciprocate with the delivery of the Hottest Pinball of 2017 Alien.

#966 6 years ago

I just got one of these letters too. I have a FTLE already and an Alien kit on order.

#967 6 years ago

I did receive an email to my second request for a refund update last night. It didn't say the check is in the mail, but the long and short of it said to wait some more. I'm giving them until the end of June and then I'm going to submit a Paypal claim. All I ever get is wait a little more, wait a little more, wait a little more emails....getting old.

Brian

#968 6 years ago

from the "new" Heighway investors

Quoted from Hazoff:

"We are working flat out

From Andrew Heighway 6 months ago in the Alien thread (post#9482)

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are working flat out

#969 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

From Andrew Heighway 6 months ago in the Alien thread

oooooooh...GOTCHA!

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

from the "new" Heighway investors

From Andrew Heighway 6 months ago in the Alien thread

O my God, they speak English

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hello Heighway Pinball Fans,
We here at Heighway Pinball are hard at work to get the production of the hottest pinball of 2017 out to our passionate fans as soon as possible. To this end we have been diligently streamlining the process here, ordering and refining the parts that we need to deliver games to our customers as soon as we possibly can and to the highest standards.
We have also being taking part in restructuring our offices to get the most efficient performance from our staff so they can deliver a high quality service to our fans around the World. This process will continue in the coming weeks to get us ready for the push of full production.
Due to the transition phase that is underway we are there have been delays these are due to the fact that we are transferring money into the business from our accounts in Europe directly into the accounts of Heighway Pinball in the UK. The delay is due to the amount of money that is being transferred internationally and the associated bureaucracy that accompanies transactions of this nature. We ask you to please be patient with this process as we are doing all that we can to get this matter settled once and for all.
We are aiming to achieve a large amount of machines being shipped from our factory to customers in the coming months. This is a huge undertaking but we are up to the challenge of meeting this goal and getting machines into the hands of customers.
Please stay tuned in the coming weeks for more updates of the state of production at Heighway Pinball. We thank you for support and commitment to our company and hope that we can reciprocate with the delivery of the Hottest Pinball of 2017 Alien.

i transfer large sums of money internationally... if early in the day, shows up within minutes. if later in day, it shows up the next morning.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i transfer large sums of money internationally... if early in the day, shows up within minutes. if later in day, it shows up the next morning.

Paypal info sent.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Fancy.

#975 6 years ago

most international financiers spend their days on pinside....very common

#976 6 years ago

Hasn't Harry Potter gone bald and got a belly now? And that divorce was a shame.

#977 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

We haven't had this level of speed when buying shipping containers of pins from Italy, but usually it's a couple of days tops for 50K transfers. I do think it's easier for Americans transferring money abroad then people from a couple different countries to transfer it to the UK, but again, it's got to be no longer than 3-5 working days.

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Hasn't Harry Potter gone bald and got a belly now? And that divorce was a shame.

C'mon, Harry has a right to get that starter marriage out of the way, just like any other red blooded wizard.

There's a million other witches out there who would love to polish his wand.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We are aiming to achieve a large amount of machines being shipped from our factory to customers in the coming months.

#980 6 years ago

if their sending bank(s) are using a 3rd party to handle international wires, the 3rd parties can take between 3-15 business days (usually about 5). And after waiting those x # of days, the 3rd party can often come back & say, it didn't work or after further review, they've decided to just not do it.

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Apparently SWIFT isn't for them

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Apparently SWIFT isn't for them

exactly

#983 6 years ago

From facebook:

"Just over five years have passed since I started Heighway Pinball Limited in my home garage. Now, the company has grown to be a multinational business with customers spread throughout the globe.

The company has faced many challenges along the way, which has culminated in our first game, Full Throttle, and our current game, Alien Pinball. I always strived to create a modern and relevant quality pinball product, with many exciting new ideas. I believe that we have fulfilled many of the goals I set for this company.

I am extremely proud of the games that we have produced. In particular, Alien Pinball is the result of tireless work, over the last three years, from a team comprising of some of the most talented and passionate pinball people I could have ever have hoped to assemble. ‘Alien’ is personally my favourite movie of all time, closely followed by ‘Aliens’. I could not be happier with the finished product and how it represents both movies.

The time has come for a change at Heighway Pinball. Substantial monies are being pumped immediately into this company by our existing investors to drive this company forward to producing hundreds of games every month within the coming months. These investors have not been actively involved in the running of the business up to this point but they bring a huge amount of pinball experience to the operating of this company. They are also very successful businessmen in their own rights. Their passion for pinball, business acumen and love of the company’s products will drive this company forwards. There are a lot of expectant customers out there who want delivery of this epic game as quickly as possible – and this is a commitment this company will now strive to deliver as soon as is possible.

As of now, I have now left Heighway Pinball and am no longer involved in any way with the company. A new management structure is already in place at the company, that is committed to delivering games to all of its customers and building the company up into becoming an important market player within the coming years. The company is being left in good hands, with the investors bringing a wealth of pinball experience into this company and everyone is committed to delivering customer games as quickly as possible.

I have not left pinball permanently – but am taking a break away from it as fresh finances and ideas drive the company forwards. I will likely still be seen at pinball/trade shows and look forward to meeting many of you again in the future.
I will no longer be contactable at [email protected] and I will not be posting here, any other pinball forums, on Facebook or on Twitter as ‘Heighway Pinball’ from now onwards.

I have met some amazing people over the last five years and would like to thank all of my customers, staff, contractors, investors, distributers and suppliers - who have shared my dream and supported myself and this company over the years. I step away from Heighway Pinball at an exciting time for the company and wish all those associated with the company all of the best for the future.

Andrew Heighway
Former CEO/Managing Director – Heighway Pinball"

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

When the Indiana Toll Road was leased to a Austrailian-Spanish Consortium for $3.8 billion, the funds were transferred at a rate of $168 million/hour for 24 hours. DP is not worth as much so it sounds like more lies......

#985 6 years ago

You see, THIS is why I'm out, and out for good. This entire Alien debacle is rife with untruths, conjecture and carrot-dangling. Do I think the pin will actually happen? Yes. Do I think that Andrew/New guys will actually refund all monies to those that request it? Yes. I don't think, and never had thought that Andrew was a scammer. He might be an extremely sloppy businessman, but at this juncture, I'd rather not deal with these type of people. In almost every communique' from Heighway, there is a promise of something better, something different, something new coming up. I don't like playing games. When I ask a question, I'd like not to get stroked. If I feel I AM getting stroked, I'll move on and refuse to deal with them. Simply stated, there's just WAAY too much drama associated with this pin. I wish the new guys the best and most sincerest of luck.

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When the Indiana Toll Road was leased to a Austrailian-Spanish Consortium for $3.8 billion, the funds were transferred at a rate of $168 million/hour for 24 hours. DP is not worth as much so it sounds like more lies......

Two government entities in friendly countries might encounter fewer red tape hurdles and have the power to push such a transfer through faster compared to some random people with a pinball business.

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

hes now known as Harold Potter.

#988 6 years ago

The most current company info is available online from the UK government. Follow the link:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382

#989 6 years ago

Ready,
Fire,
Aim.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

hes now known as Harold Potter.

More like Harold Pinter with this level of drawn-out drama going on.

*long pause for effect*

Can we get back and stay on topic now please?

#991 6 years ago

Heighway on google

IMG_3195 (resized).PNGIMG_3195 (resized).PNG

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Heighway on google

Already been covered - that is their old location.

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Already been covered - that is their old location.

Thanks. Haven't really been following closely.

#994 6 years ago

Once Alien is released, I could see someone shooting a pinball documentary about Andrew's passion and struggles bringing his Alien vision to market.

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I could see someone shooting a pinball documentary about Andrew's passion and struggles bringing his Alien vision to market.

Horror film?

#996 6 years ago

There was a documentary made about spooky, which I've been looking forward to seeing.

http://thingsthatgobumpmovie.com

However, as for heighway pinball, most people tend not to revisit an unfavorable situation until it's long in the past and they've moved to on more successful things.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There was a documentary made about spooky, which I've been looking forward to seeing.
However, as for heighway pinball, most people tend not to revisit an unfavorable situation until it's long in the past and they've moved to on more successful things.

People are always posting about how these collapsed pinball disasters like jpop and heighway would make such fascinating movies. Sadly that's really not the case - they are just run of the mill Boring tales of tits up startups. For people who don't hang on every word of pinball events like we do I don't think there would be much interest.

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We haven't had this level of speed when buying shipping containers of pins from Italy, but usually it's a couple of days tops for 50K transfers. I do think it's easier for Americans transferring money abroad then people from a couple different countries to transfer it to the UK, but again, it's got to be no longer than 3-5 working days.

Banks have an upper limit for those types of unsecured transfers - if it's over a million (varies by bank), they may need to use a brokerage house and it can take a while to set up. Many banks won't transfer huge sums because of the risk involved

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Banks have an upper limit for those types of unsecured transfers

Unsecured? What do you mean? Are you saying that the investors don't actually have the money to wire, are trying to obtain a loan for the money and that loan is not secured?

#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are always posting about how these collapsed pinball disasters like jpop and heighway would make such fascinating movies. Sadly that's really not the case - they are just run of the mill Boring tales of tits up startups. For people who don't hang on every word of pinball events like we do I don't think there would be much interest.

Sorry let me clarify... When the Alien pin becomes a top 5 pin, which I legitimately believe has a chance of happening (once they are produced in mass) due to the layout, rules, sound, design, art, lighting, number of shots, replayability, theme it would make a good documentary. It would be a success tale of Andrew's passion and the hurdles encountered, not disaster story.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.