wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You can't seriously believe it is as simple as swapping the motherboard? Good luck if you try that. Tell it to the guy with the bricked FT. Obviously it is not as simple as some on here are trying to pretend.

Well, it is not.

I am the guy you are referring to. I cannot even do any of the tests suggested if I wanted to. My Utilite physically broke.

At first it seeming to be a software issue. Memory leak or something like that, I am no expert in the matter. The game would randomly start spitting out all the balls at once.

A rewrite of the SSD card (Heighway were kind enough to send me their image file, not just the update code which you would write to that USB stick) would allow me to get a few good games in, then the Utilite/code would go belly up again.

And then, one day, I woke up to

"ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part"

My SSD card is firmly in place, it seems that the slot broke. And this happened after a few good games. Not after I removed the card, wrote to it, and placed it back in the Utilite. It happened at random.

If you google "ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part" you realize that this is a typical problem with this cheap Utilite.

So, at this point I am not even interested in replacing the unit with another one of the same kind. I would like to get the new style unit that is in Alien, the Full Throttle files preloaded, so that I can swap and hopefully play again. Heighway, please PM me if you could.

20170610_194146 (resized).jpg20170610_194146 (resized).jpg

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You can't seriously believe it is as simple as swapping the motherboard? Good luck if you try that. Tell it to the guy with the bricked FT. Obviously it is not as simple as some on here are trying to pretend.

Actually a bricked PC happened on our Full Throttle. Quick swap of pc and we weregood to go. All pertinent info is loaded straight from USB.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

May I suggest debugging the game via console session? You will need a micro serial cable (Compulab ship these with the Utilite's, else abt 5 bucks from the retail giants) and a Linux/ Win machine with a terminal emulator to do this. I use good old Screen but HyperTerm in Win will do the job. Settings need to be 115200 8n1.
From the console you will see exactly what is happening if the game boots/fails/blah blah. If you prove the Utilite is busted the you simply buy a new one from Compulab. It's an ARMv7 Cortex CPU with Neon architecture and it runs a Yocto compiled Linux kernel. There are also plenty of other ARMv7 units out there which can/could be made to work.
They are a good unit apart from the poor quality, easily busted uSD slot. They have dual LAN, dual HDMI, WiFi, Bluetooth, 1.2Ghz CPU, 4 GB ram, 5 USB and 2 serial ports. I use the original I busted as a media server now I can boot it from USB.
Tech ref manual http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/download/documentation/utilite/utilite-technical-reference-manual.pdf
If you prove that the uSD card slot is at fault then you can update the uBoot f/w and boot from USB or TTTP or an mSata drive. Have you checked the uSD card for errors? May be as simple as some file system repair commands. The image has some ext4 filesystems which mess up uSD cards. In your console session you will see errors like "Card did not respond to voltage select!"
If you cannot prove the fault then create bootable Ubuntu uSD and fire up the Utilite using the procedure here http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/wiki/index.php/Utilite_Linux_Installation_and_Update.
There are also plenty of other ARMv7 units out there which can/could be made to work if needed and surely the code owner could cross compile.
Get the console session happening and you'll be playing the game again in no time. Happy to assist if required.
I've also had a lot of teething problems with my FullT and perhaps it was a little ambitious for a new manufacturers first game, but engineers of Andrew's calibre don't design "ordinary"
When the game is playing well it is crazy good. Must have spent 4 hours playing it today until my arms hurt.
It's just "got the shots"

Thank you posting. This is why I come here. My Utilite is working fine but I would like to have a spare on hand.

#854 6 years ago

BLUF: Understanding the difference between game complexity, consumer cost, and reliability with pinball machines including HP. All things are not equal, or necessarily balance out in the long term.

Game complexity has its pitfalls in regards to route operation, and this same complexity equals breakage.
Now, before someone says "this is obvious", let me share some more information.
Equating high quality construction with pure reliability on a game title, and people continue have more false expectations.
I will explain.

If an operator wants simple, go Stern, potentially, but do not expect higher reliability exclusively for the price.
Most new owners are in for a serious letdown, especially since cost cutting is rampant.
You do not see Stern using market slogans like, "Our pinball machines are the most reliable in the world!", as that would be setting themselves up and the company is way smarter than that.
If an individual has routed games like TZ, STTNG, or RS they do understand, as these games are comparable in complexity alone to DI.
They were difficult games to maintain.
Even if they never routed any games, if a person has owned any of the above titles, "they know".
The primary issue of modern games is not board design by the technology itself under the pretenses of "nodal technology".
It is not simply not always robust enough to handle the stresses of continuous operation.
People are fooling themselves into trying to compare current consumer electronics such as LCD monitors, stereos, and televisions.
Life cycles are less than 5 years in nearly all cases, and electronics have not been fully tested under commercial pretenses only home use.
Some have not been tested at all, leading to premature failures.
All modern games including Stern, PPS, HP, DP, and JJP games have the similar issues to varying degrees.

This is a repeat of the problems that occurred with Pinball 2000s prism boards, for those that have been around long enough to remember which most are not, or simply do not care, but they should.

The biggest problems down the road are PCB replacements.

Stern has ZERO interest in supporting games that are more than 10 years old.
Parts supplies are dependent on reruns and existing stock.
Choose any manufacturer you want, not just Stern.
Want a new MMr with the new master PCB SMD under the playfield?
$300, presently, while available, and this is game specific, not generic.
If it goes down, the game is completely non-operational.
Make a mistake in diagnosing the problem? Blow up another SMD board? Another $300 please.
Compare that to an original 20 year old MM game, even if the WPC95 A/V needs rebuilt.

Fixing some of these customized PCBs are a $#@!ing nightmare, as they are not simple SMD designs.
Everyone that says using industry IPC standards that all these can be fixed easily, have not worked on these boards.
I have been doing "401" training on repair with the proper high end tools and a microscope, and I can tell you if you want quality repair it takes serious skills, and I have been soldering for over 30 years.
I don't want to even think about HP or DP PCBs, based on anything that is more specialized for titles.

Another technical support area completely omitted and not considered by new potential owners when buying new or used pinball machines.
Or discover much later...

216633-spaghetti-wires_slide (resized).jpg216633-spaghetti-wires_slide (resized).jpg

#855 6 years ago

BK, I am now fully aware of that now. Trust me, I woke up to reality the hard way.
Hence I need that new style computer from them. Not only do I hope that it is sturdier, I hope it is less exotic.

Right now the scenario that you described as a future threat is happening to me. Not in 2027, in 2017

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

BK, I am now fully aware of that now. Trust me, I woke up to reality the hard way.
Hence I need that new style computer from them. Not only do I hope that it is sturdier, I hope it is less exotic.
Right now the scenario that you described as a future threat is happening to me. Not in 2027, in 2017

New Utilite is not needed. Update the uBoot f/w, chuck together a bootable USB stick with the 1.41 image on it and away you go. USB booting Utilite done.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

FWIW there are some posts in the JJP forum about using a different motherboard. Keith says in theory it should be fine and at least one person tried it and had no issues with it. A TH/DI motherboard is higher speced then WOZ but still works in WOZ.

Having said that I totally get your point and all of these un fixable boards really worry me. Nice to be able to pull out a 25 year old board and have confidence it can be repaired pretty easily.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

New Utilite is not needed. Update the uBoot f/w, chuck together a bootable USB stick with the 1.41 image on it and away you go. USB booting Utilite done.

I'll try that tomorrow! Thank you!

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, it is not.
I am the guy you are referring to. I cannot even do any of the tests suggested if I wanted to. My Utilite physically broke.
At first it seeming to be a software issue. Memory leak or something like that, I am no expert in the matter. The game would randomly start spitting out all the balls at once.
A rewrite of the SSD card (Heighway were kind enough to send me their image file, not just the update code which you would write to that USB stick) would allow me to get a few good games in, then the Utilite/code would go belly up again.
My SSD card is firmly in place, it seems that the slot broke. And this happened after a few good games. Not after I removed the card, wrote to it, and placed it back in the Utilite. It happened at random.
If you google "ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part" you realize that this is a typical problem with this cheap Utilite.
So, at this point I am not even interested in replacing the unit with another one of the same kind. I would like to get the new style unit that is in Alien, the Full Throttle files preloaded, so that I can swap and hopefully play again. Heighway, please PM me if you could.

That text has little to do with it... simply the machine can't read the file system. As you said, if the sd slot is broken, that's pretty much a hw failure requiring replacement. A hacker may want to try to remap the device references with another disk location... but this kind of failure isn't about unreliable PCs as some would like to make it. A simple board swap is feasible- but like u said... wait for alien gear

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

FWIW there are some posts in the JJP forum about using a different motherboard. Keith says in theory it should be fine and at least one person tried it and had no issues with it. A TH/DI motherboard is higher speced then WOZ but still works in WOZ.
Having said that I totally get your point and all of these un fixable boards really worry me. Nice to be able to pull out a 25 year old board and have confidence it can be repaired pretty easily.

Alex tried to make the distribution be as agnostic as possible for future proofing. Eventually driver support will phase out and be a problem... but as long as the chipsets in use are similar... swaps are feasible

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

....and this entire post explains very well EXACTLY why manufacturers SHOULD NOT be running PC motherboards - it is a complete CROCK!!!
So pinball collectors need to be IT professionals now just to keep a machine running - sorry but that is just 100% bullshit!
There is one reason, and one reason ONLY why PC motherboards are being used - they are cheap, pack a lot of punch, and can directly drive an LCD screen (or two), OK, that's three reasons LOL but the reality is any benefits stop right there.
Surely most people here know just how long a standard desktop PC lasts?? Three, four years TOPS and only if you are lucky.....expect to learn this complete twaddle if you persist in buying machines built like this.
None of this bullshit is required to fix your WMS machine and nor should it be!
Downvote this post all you like but come back and see just how right I am in a couple of years.

Talk.....

Quoted from Homepin:

Which were based on a PC motherboard - I rest my case....

Talk...

Quoted from Homepin:

Really? I have no idea - LOL you certainly have no idea who I am then.....
My machines will be repairable without having to go through all of that complete crap in the post quoted earlier. You cannot be serious that you believe it is fine and dandy for an owner to need to do all of that to repair his machine - that is just rubbish.
When you are building your pinball machines using PC parts I will listen to your comments - until then it's just hot air and fluff.

Cluck, cluck......

Quoted from Homepin:

Which were based on a PC motherboard - I rest my case....

Talk....

Quoted from Homepin:

6000 JJP machines LOL...now there is a dream right there.
Lets see how modern your machines are then when you build them shall we?
I don't have the need to resort to personal insults either. Only people who are losing an argument resort to that.

Talk......

Quoted from Homepin:

You can only swap it if you can do all of the IT trickery suggested in the earlier post.
Not every owner wants to learn all of that computer crap just to fix a pinball machine.

Talk.....

Quoted from Homepin:

When do we get to see your (Gods) gift to pinball?

QSS

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, it is not.

Who did you ask for the image file? I think my hdd shit out as the game goes to the bios of the pc instead of booting into the game..

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

When do e get to see your (Gods) gift to pinball?

When will we see yours?

#865 6 years ago

Man, this thread just keeps getting better and better.

#866 6 years ago

It looks like 4 very educated and wealthy men have increased their levels of cash investment and time and influence to salvage Heighway. I don't see any ulterior motives, they just believe it is salvageable and I bet they worked off a worst case platform where everyone pre paid recalled their cash. Why can't everyone just give them some time to sort it out? They seem very keen to rectify every FT issue too moving forward, but they will need time to get there, but the negativity on this thread is mindblowing. I can understand the frustration on the alien thread but this thread doesn't deserve it.

Good luck guys I can't wait to order an alien when production is in full flow.

#867 6 years ago

Actions speak louder than words and it appears that pinsider patience is wearing a bit thin.

#868 6 years ago

When do e get to see your (Gods) gift to pinball?
QSS

I have said from day one of this project that Homepin pinball machines WILL NOT be re-inventing the wheel - that they will be standard DMD machines.

The "God's gift" bit is your spin on things - I am unsure why you are so negative? Jealousy perhaps?

#869 6 years ago

Remember the saying....

IMG_2974 (resized).JPGIMG_2974 (resized).JPG

#870 6 years ago

There is no HDD, there is an SD card.

And your utility broke just like mine.

That is now the 3rd!!! known case of a bricked Full Throttle

Please PM me your email, at least I can send you the image file, it is 1.3 Gigabyte of data.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

There is no HDD, there is an SD card.
And your utility broke just like mine.
That is now the 3rd!!! known case of a bricked Full Throttle
Please PM me your email, at least I can send you the image file, it is 1.3 Gigabyte of data.

Thanks man, this is my alien though - it has a SSD in it. Shows the drive in the bios, but wont boot. Thinking a bad sector/corrupt data or something.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thanks man, this is my alien though - it has a SSD in it. Shows the drive in the bios, but wont boot. Thinking a bad sector/corrupt data or something.

Uhhhhhh...... its most likely the SD slot, just like for the rest of us with bricked Heighway pinballs.

And I thought the new Alien Utilite was an upgrade, of better quality?

Your findings have me deeply concerned, this is terrible news.

#873 6 years ago

I'm away from home, will post who I got the image files from ASAP

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

It's either cheap mobo or these things aren't powering down properly on shutdown.

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Actually a bricked PC happened on our Full Throttle. Quick swap of pc and we weregood to go. All pertinent info is loaded straight from USB.

And I thought someone here said it wasn't this easy - huh? Why would you need to get down to the componet level on a PC or pcb? Have Highway send the replacement and let them deal with fixing it....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

When will we see yours?

4 companies have train wrecked in the past 3 years and JJP could have easily been #5. I leave building pinball machines to people who know what they are doing. Stern, JJP and Spooky. Fact of the matter is these 3 companies are the only 3 that have any sort of track record and credibility. The rest are just talk and dreamers and we've seen example after example after example where that ends up.

QSS

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

It's either cheap mobo or these things aren't powering down properly on shutdown.

These kinds of systems have to be built assuming no shutdown. You fix that by not having the disk in r/w mode... load things to ram or very specific write/verify tasks etc.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

And I thought someone here said it wasn't this easy - huh? Why would you need to get down to the componet level on a PC or pcb? Have Highway send the replacement and let them deal with fixing it....

Either your are being sarcastic or chime in with your 5 cents while being oblivious to what's going on.

Do you think I had a bricked Heighway pinball for over half a year for fun?

No one made it right, no-one send me a replacement unit, they would not even tell me where i could buy one myself, out of my pocket.

Heighway would not help me and once i lost all trust in them i contacted my distributor, Cointaker.

But they did not give them the time of day, either. I'm on my own.

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

....and this entire post explains very well EXACTLY why manufacturers SHOULD NOT be running PC motherboards - it is a complete CROCK!!!
Downvote this post all you like but come back and see just how right I am in a couple of years.

Until you have a game to be shown, why don't you holster your guns.

Quoted from Homepin:

Really? I have no idea - LOL you certainly have no idea who I am then.....
My machines will be repairable without having to go through all of that complete crap in the post quoted earlier. You cannot be serious that you believe it is fine and dandy for an owner to need to do all of that to repair his machine - that is just rubbish.
When you are building your pinball machines using PC parts I will listen to your comments - until then it's just hot air and fluff.

When you show us a game then absolutely, lets have that conversation. Until then it's just hot air and fluff, just like many other prospects.

Quoted from Homepin:

I have said from day one of this project that Homepin pinball machines WILL NOT be re-inventing the wheel - that they will be standard DMD machines.
The "God's gift" bit is your spin on things - I am unsure why you are so negative? Jealousy perhaps?

I apologize for my "God's gift" comment. That was over the top.
I've been listening to Jpop, Shit-B, Heighway and Dutch pinball over the past four years making claims they are the best, most creative, most innovative, they are better than all the rest and on and on......
Here we are once again listening to another prospect making claims of their greatness with nothing to show. I am not jealous at all, just sick and tired of the chest thumping and arrogance and nothing to show.

Simply build your game and show the world. I hope you make a great game, I really do, but until you do, I hope you can handle the scrutiny of a public forum, especially when I hear ".....certainly you have no idea who I am".

QSS

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Either your are being sarcastic or chime in with your 5 cents while being oblivious to what's going on.
Do you think I had a bricked Heighway pinball for over half a year for fun?
No one made it right, no-one send me a replacement unit, they would not even tell me where i could buy one myself, out of my pocket.
Heighway would not help me and once i lost all trust in them i contacted my distributor, Cointaker.
But they did not give them the time of day, either. I'm on my own.

Ok, not being able to get parts sucks and is a different issue. If heigway would be able to send you complete assemblys could you fix it yes or no? The argument is would it be easy to fix if you had parts available. It was said it's not as easy as just switching out a board

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ok, not being able to get parts sucks and is a different issue. If heigway would be able to send you complete assemblys could you fix it yes or no? The argument is would it be easy to fix if you had parts available. It was said it's not as easy as just switching out a board

100% true, a 2 minute swap job, no question

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

100% true, a 2 minute swap job, no question

This is what I'm getting at. You don't have to be an expert, and apparently home pin it would be an easy fix. I'm sorry you're not getting support - that sucks!

#883 6 years ago

In Homepins defense, his post was in reaction to the suggestion that I become a Utilite expert and do developer level deep diagnostics.

I believe that we all agree, Homepin included, that a simple swap would be the appropriate consumer level fix.

But what good is it as we just learned that the new generation Utilites fail as well.

This is a huge concern to me ad there seems to be no fix, only bandages

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

In Homepins defense, his post was in reaction to the suggestion that I become a Utilite expert and do developer level deep diagnostics.
I believe that we all agree, Homepin included, that a simple swap would be the appropriate consumer level fix.
But what good is it as we just learned that the new generation Utilites fail as well.

My take would be that Heighway can keep replacing them until they come up with a more reliable solution.

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Just to play devil's advocate here - WPC95 games face a similar level of catatrophic failure if their a/v boards die; a reliable alternative didn't come about until THIS year when PinSound worked their magic. I'm not even sure there WERE band-aids in that case, but even Pinsound isn't an exact replacement. If it works and is reliable though, it deserves consideration, and if enough interest is expressed, it seems somebody may want to pick up the ball

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

These kinds of systems have to be built assuming no shutdown. You fix that by not having the disk in r/w mode... load things to ram or very specific write/verify tasks etc.

Correct it will be mounted +ro and cramfs loaded into ram. But something is corrupting the mbr, and I can only think of the shutting down.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Correct it will be mounted +ro and cramfs loaded into ram. But something is corrupting the mbr, and I can only think of the shutting down.

well the owners seem to think it's a HW fault with the SD slot. Shouldn't be that hard to load a LiveOS type of bootable image to a SD card and see if it's possible to boot the system. Then you would know if it's HW or simply the disk image... which could be reloaded.

#888 6 years ago

Have any of you tried changing the graphite tip on the flux capacitor yet?

#889 6 years ago

Actually I was thinking it was the "Turbo Encabulator"

#890 6 years ago

No, the kinip kinop goes into the noodler then you have to twist, you twist it you see after that simply hit the start button, its not difficult.

#891 6 years ago

4 companies have train wrecked in the past 3 years and JJP could have easily been #5. I leave building pinball machines to people who know what they are doing. Stern, JJP and Spooky. Fact of the matter is these 3 companies are the only 3 that have any sort of track record and credibility. The rest are just talk and dreamers and we've seen example after example after example where that ends up.
QSS

Sure, but it takes time to become 'established'. Hell Stern is the bastard child of several 'failed' or at least 'failing' companies.

If Heighway 2.0 can deliver Alien in reasonable volume, support their existing customers, and come up with a compelling game 3, they will be considered 'established' too.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Actually I was thinking it was the "Turbo Encabulator"

That's nothing to joke about. Turn cc on to read along with script.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Either they would not even tell me where i could buy one myself, out of my pocket.

For Aliens, its a Zotac BI323 which are easy to find and cheap. I just bought another in case I need it and think it was about $120usd new. Figured it would at least be a month or two before I got one from Heighway, and want to get my game going.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

For Aliens, its a Zotac BI323 which are easy to find and cheap. I just bought another in case I need it and think it was about $120usd new. Figured it would at least be a month or two before I got one from Heighway, and want to get my game going.

Anyone know what it would take to get Full Throttle running on the Zotac?

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure, but it takes time to become 'established'. Hell Stern is the bastard child of several 'failed' or at least 'failing' companies.
If Heighway 2.0 can deliver Alien in reasonable volume, support their existing customers, and come up with a compelling game 3, they will be considered 'established' too.

I agree 100%. If Heighway is resurrected, all customers with deposits are taken care of, Alien gets built and delivered to the masses AND game #3 gets built and delivered to the masses then hell ya, they will be established. Until then, just another failed attempt to build pinball machines.

I hope the new owners can pull it off, we all do.

QSS

#896 6 years ago

Homepin is the

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:Until you have a game to be shown, why don't you holster your guns.

When you show us a game then absolutely, lets have that conversation. Until then it's just hot air and fluff, just like many other prospects.

I apologize for my "God's gift" comment. That was over the top.
I've been listening to Jpop, Shit-B, Heighway and Dutch pinball over the past four years making claims they are the best, most creative, most innovative, they are better than all the rest and on and on......
Here we are once again listening to another prospect making claims of their greatness with nothing to show. I am not jealous at all, just sick and tired of the chest thumping and arrogance and nothing to show.
Simply build your game and show the world. I hope you make a great game, I really do, but until you do, I hope you can handle the scrutiny of a public forum, especially when I hear ".....certainly you have no idea who I am".
QSS

Homepin's approach gives them more of a chance to succeed than any of these other startups. In fact, if there's a potential Stern killer in our midst its Homepin. Everything built from scratch, cheap labor, no dependencies, innovative engineering, and apparently able to chug along with no apparent earnings as of yet. If Homepin lands a license that will actually sell and solves all export issues they stand to be a major player. Especially if the pricing undercuts other manufacturers. Stern needs to watch them closely.

#897 6 years ago

Step 1: Make an new Heighway Pinball thread
Step 2. Forum members just continue the banter of the previous ALIEN thread...

Note to "new" Heighway investors...
There is no reinventing or rebirth fueled by pinside...
It's your actions that will speak loudly and nothing more, quote a pinsider, nevermore...

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Homepin is the

Homepin's approach gives them more of a chance to succeed than any of these other startups. In fact, if there's a potential Stern killer in our midst its Homepin. Everything built from scratch, cheap labor, no dependencies, innovative engineering, and apparently able to chug along with no apparent earnings as of yet. If Homepin lands a license that will actually sell and solves all export issues they stand to be a major player. Especially if the pricing undercuts other manufacturers. Stern needs to watch them closely.

My final post in this thread as I think it has been derailed enough:

Thankyou for your insightful comments. I will add that we are currently manufacturers - today - right now! We currently ship a container about every 6 weeks of Hankin arcade tables.

Homepin also ships an average of 300 replacement PCBs for existing pinball machines per month. In fact we sent over 600 just last week by EMS to two resellers.

We are not relying on selling pinball machines to survive. Homepin already has a profitable manufacturing business and a fully functioning factory. We are playing our FINISHED prototype pinball machines daily. We can't show them yet because some artwork is not approved and some toys cannot be manufactured yet due licencing procedures.

Homepin already has firm orders for at least two containers of Thunderbirds pinball machines for the USA. We will not be able to build these until our obligations to Australian customers are fulfilled so they won't be ready for the USA until, at the earliest, mid next year.

Anyway - enough derailing, I apologize to the OP but I do find it necessary to defend myself when a few naysayers start spouting crap with no knowledge of what they are talking about and zero knowledge of my background. These naysayers conveniently over look the FACT that Homepin is already a well established business in the amusement machine industry.

I'm happy to continue any discussions in the correct Homepin official thread.

#899 6 years ago

QSS

For the 20th time....Jpop and Shit-B do not belong in this group. Both were scam scumbags that stole money, and never made pinball machines. DP got some out, some damaged, now in financial termoil. Heighway made games, period, and ran out of money at the finish line. Everything they've conveyed to me via email indicates this SECOND title will be released, and they will be in position to stabilize the bug issue. They could have just gone dark ( as the scumbags did), or said game over. Shit man....JJP is not out of the woods yet. Heighway has the best shot of being viable...people are stepping up, the game is badass. No excuses, no defense implied,...just my take on it.

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anyone know what it would take to get Full Throttle running on the Zotac?

My guess it would need a code update to support the different hardware. But it depends what its running on now, what does it run on now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/18?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.