wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MGM licensed the Adams Family playfields to Gene, and then when happy face stole all his stuff, obviously the license was transferred to CPR.
It was not a brand new agreement, otherwise CPR would have made a whole lot more of them.....

That's not true CPR make the playfields under planetary pinball license with Charles t Addams foundation and paramount

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And while on the topic, did anyone order Alien from Home Leisure Direct? Guessing it would be a safe way to buy one, since I'm guessing you'd be guaranteed a refund if they went under. Still showing as available......

They have a poor reputation here, only newbies tend to buy from them. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't have any in stock.

#705 6 years ago

If you paid full the chance was to lose your money , now you have a chance to get your game.
I think wait and give them a chance.

#706 6 years ago

I think there are lots of schadenfreudists on this site that take glee in the company struggling.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

If a bunch of people ask for refunds, it probably won't do that much damage.
These pre-orders are on Heighway's books as liabilities. To write off the liability for each individual order, Heighway must either deliver a pinball machine or a refund. It's going to cost Heighway a bunch of money either way. Delivering a machine should cost less than providing a refund so, to Heighway, the true cost of providing a refund is only the profit on that order, which will be lost. Supposedly, there isn't much profit in the current situation, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
The investors know the status of the balance sheets, and what must be done to deliver against the liabilities, before they can even think about building machines for profit.

Accrual accounting and cash flow are two different things.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

It's comical, reading that the lemmings are blinded by reality.

Quoted from TVP:

Not trying to get your money back and using all avenues at your disposal to do so is simply foolish.

Here's something that might just blow your mind. Take your time and read slowly.

I...want...the...game...more...than...the...money.

#709 6 years ago

I hope this has a happy ending. It IS fully possible. The Alien Pinball Happy Ending?

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I hope this has a happy ending.

ap5 (1) (resized).jpgap5 (1) (resized).jpg

#711 6 years ago
#712 6 years ago

Is this the Re-Birth?

#713 6 years ago

Man those aliens are fast now what the heck. No long waiting for your chest to burst.

#714 6 years ago

Do the new investors plan on communicating on this thread? I have sent my private email to the new investors, but i would like everyone to hear what is going on with this game and the plans for improving the company.

Anyone get a response to their concerns via email?

#715 6 years ago

Is there a signed deal yet?

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think there are lots of schadenfreudists on this site that take glee in the company struggling.

Or, just realists who saw this coming since 2015...

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Do the new investors plan on communicating on this thread? I have sent my private email to the new investors, but i would like everyone to hear what is going on with this game and the plans for improving the company.
Anyone get a response to their concerns via email?

No reply yet on my mail back to HP. But I guess they are getting a LOT of mails right now. My question had nothing to do with the things they already explained in the mail I got. My personal opinion is to give these guys some time to get settled and to organise things.

They cannot do that if they are flooded with mails to answer. Only thing that will happen is that people here will go on saying: see, still no reaction on my mails and back we go to the negative. I feel it is not my place to ask about details what they intend to do. I also not do this when I buy something else like furniture. That normally also takes some weeks/months and I am not going to ask the seller how they intend to organise their operation so to get me my purchase.

That being said I also am not happy about this and want to know as much as the other guy with a lot of money at stake. I just try to imagine what it would be like for me in that situation, trying to get everything sorted for everyone - with the help of my money - and being flooded with mails, be it positive or negative. The fact they are doing this is something special as been said many times before, there are a lot of other ways to make money much easier than becoming involved in pinball manufacturing. Takes a special kind of guy to do it. The fact they are willing to do this tells me they are not only in it to make a quick profit.

#718 6 years ago

Kim, Alien and Predator? Did you really just go there?

Brad

#719 6 years ago

To gain our trust back and have this NEW company be successful....
Highway needs weekly updates at min. Say every Friday with the weeks accomplishments.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Highway needs weekly updates at min. Say every Friday with the weeks accomplishments.

Like a no-shit newsletter......

#721 6 years ago

They need to
1: Refund everyone that wants money back
2. Fix the issues with current games out in the world
3. Make X games per week and deliver them

Nothing else really matters to be honest.

I do think they are capable of doing all these thing and am hopeful. What more can I really do than be hopeful

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They need to
1: Refund everyone that wants money back
2. Fix the issues with current games out in the world
3. Make X games per week and deliver them
Nothing else really matters to be honest.
I do think they are capable of doing all these thing and am hopeful. What more can I really do than be hopeful

At this point Hilton, even your points are not enough.
Damage control is key...
Even this week they shoud have been more proactive.
They also need to start direct email this weekly update with anyone that goes to web site and signs up, regardless if they have spent a dime or paid in full.
Plenty of other viable conpanys and web sites do this. Its called direct marketing. Brings customers back.

#723 6 years ago

Even this week they shoud have been more proactive.

Until the legal stuff is agreed upon, signed and filed (possibly in several countries), they are not really in any legal position to do anything more.

Let's say I was trying to buy JJP:

I could make an announcement "I have the intention of buying JJP. Quality is going to go up, delivery times down, and I intend to deliver 2 new titles every year! "

I would not say "I'm breaking the lease with the current factory landlord, disregarding all current debt, and firing all 17 of JJPs current employees." because I can't do any of that until I'm actually the owner of the company.

If you email me, before I'm the owner of JJP, I'm not going to be able to tell you the status of your parts order, or if your Hobbit refund has been processed, because I don't have access to any of that information.

Nor do I have the ability to tell you when you might get an answer, as legal processes tend to drag out for many months.

#724 6 years ago

I feel that all the negative speculation, albeit somewhat interesting at times, is just counterproductive to the new investors interests. They've made an announcement that most of us have been wanting to hear for a long time. Let's let them quietly do what they need to do and give them props wherever we can. As Vid was stating, this is going to take a bit of time...can you imagine all the catching up they have in front of them?

I for one think this is GREAT news in contrast to what a lot of us had thought was a lost cause and was the end of an exciting new pinball manufacturer with a great concept. I will keep my negative thoughts to myself and give these guys as much leeway as I can...kicking a horse while it's down isn't helping anything.

I myself am just waiting for Heighway to invest a little more time on finishing up the Full Throttle code and provide a shop manual so I am lucky enough to be playing a somewhat complete game. That being said, I do feel for those that have invested thousands with nothing to show for it. We just need to enjoy the summer, play the games we have and have a little more patience...it'll come...this is good news!

#725 6 years ago

As long as you keep your torches and pitchforks at bay I will be at the NWPAS all three days this weekend. While I am represented by four games that are in some stage of production at NWPAS I will be at Tommy's Nitro booth (as I haven't had a lot of time with a real Alien pin so far) and I can answer game questions. I don't know the detailed plans of the Active Investor Group so don't ask me. I do know quite a bit about the rules and the enhancements that remain to be done. After about six hours at a show I will be show fried so if you have suggestions it is better that you post them here.
As it stands the Alien package is 97% feature complete (just a few AV assets to be attached to the grand wizard mode that nobody has gotten to yet). The AIG is committed to getting machines in the hands of all the US developers ASAP and the final enhancement and testing of the package will hopefully be done before machines ship in quantity. That would make me happy as I am old school and like to see completed machines shipping.
So if you are in the Northwest and go to NWPAS say hello.
ddt

#726 6 years ago

awesome! Wish I was going to show.

Instead, I will stop by the location to play a few games on my way home

If anyone local wants to join me, my treat (i know a guy with the keys )

#727 6 years ago

I like reading threads like this because it makes me feel like a normal, well-adjusted person. It's like horror movies, I don't watch them because I want to live through that scenario, I watch them so when I go to bed I can think "wew, glad there isn't an acid-spit-dripping killing machine in my room". It's just a total emotional rollercoaster with some of you, and I love every minute of it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you can't handle the stresses of pre-order, either financially or emotionally, maybe it isn't for you. There are plenty of in stock new games and plenty of used games up for sale.

That being said: gimme my machine you bunch of clowns.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you can't handle the stresses of pre-order, either financially or emotionally, maybe it isn't for you. There are plenty of in stock new games and plenty of used games up for sale.

Well, all Andrew would have had to do is state underneath that green little pre-order now box is that "You may or may not get an Alien pinball and or your deposit back" and this thread would not even exist.

So long as these new companies continue to mislead us, you should be well entertained...

#729 6 years ago

i know its still on fire and hot news... but i would like to ask for your opinion . maybe to early but let me ask

when now things changed should i try order one cose i would love to have this pin in my collection . and friend from london can deliver to me so no biggy order one at london friend address.

so idk if i should go and send mail regard deposit and stuff

lmk ur thoughts

cheers

#730 6 years ago

Has anyone sent emails to Roger, Daniel, and Morgan who were in the New Investor Email and received a response back? I have on Wed but nothing yet. I appreciate their offer to get in touch with them but if they are swamped then perhaps they should give a response window to set expectations. I'm patient but would hope for a return message in 48 hours.

#731 6 years ago

I responded to the e-mail for a refund. Have not heard back nor do I expect to here back for some time. Funny how they are ready to take your cash but not give any back yet.

#732 6 years ago

I received a lengthy email from them today.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

I received a lengthy email from them today.

Care to summarize what was said. Not looking to get into your personal business, but it may help those that are awaiting info.

Thanks.

I know i am seemingly impatient on this, but it's to the new companies benefit to deal with my situation ASAP.

#734 6 years ago

Sure, I don’t like to publish private emails, I’d rather paraphrase, if that’s okay:

I received two emails this morning, one from Andrew, saying today was his last day with the company and Morgan, Roger and Daniel would be taking care of me from here on out.

The other was from Daniel. He apologized profusely and did regret getting things going too early this week, giving people a sense that they were now in control. They are just today taking control of the company, and they fully realize they are taking on something that has zero trust and they will be sending out communications soon. They seem fully committed to get people refunds if they want one, but it might take a week or several as it’s only today that they can begin reviewing financials fully. The factory has been working this week. They are fully committed to getting the ship righted and producing an awesome game.

#735 6 years ago

Sure, I don’t like to publish private emails, I’d rather paraphrase, if that’s okay:
I received two emails this morning, one from Andrew, saying today was his last day with the company and Morgan, Roger and Daniel would be taking care of me from here on out.
The other was from Daniel. He apologized profusely and did regret getting things going too early this week, giving people a sense that they were now in control. They are just today taking control of the company, and they fully realize they are taking on something that has zero trust and they will be sending out communications soon. They seem fully committed to get people refunds if they want one, but it might take a week or several as it’s only today that they can begin reviewing financials fully. The factory has been working this week. They are fully committed to getting the ship righted and producing an awesome game.

Great news! I look forward to hearing from them. Hopefully they can post something here and avoid a ton of personal emails back and forth about the same subjects.

Thanks a lot.

#736 6 years ago

I got the vibe there would be something sent out today.

#737 6 years ago

I don't have any insider relation here, either. I know a lot of people have been sending emails with no response. I think I just happen to send out an email this morning at just the right time and they responded to it.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No.....I don't remember these threads, because I'm not on Google Groups.
But if I HAD seen this information back in Sep 2016, I would have bailed in a HEARTBEAT! I certainly would not have sent my final payment.
It really burns my ass that those who tried to wave a red flag were labeled as troublemakers with an agenda & banned by moderators from the Alien thread. I'm sitting here turning red reading this bullshit, because I'm not an "insider" with privileged information & I literally had no clue to what was really going on. I even sympathized with Andrew that people were unjustly trying to ruin his company. Well it's clear that he did that all on his own.
I've had my doubts over the last 2 years, but since this was a dream theme, I basically ignored them. But sweeping legitimate concerns under the rug is a disservice to all pinsiders, and it's disgraceful that it continues to happen. I'm so over it.
Where the hell is my $8K refund huh? I want no part of this company, new/old or otherwise. It's a shame because a lot of good people have worked hard to turn this into a pretty cool game. I'm just over it, and I think most people can sympathize.

This is exactly why Stern doesn't give a shit about pinside and keeps there business to there own. Its the only right way to doo it. Its business not a forum-talk-leak-info-share-company.

I wish highway company all the luck, wish all buyers gets there pins.

I lost few bucks on my predator pin, i have learned alot since then.

WHEN MY PIN SUPPLYER HAS MY SW LE ON STOCK, i will make full payment and hopefully get my pin. This shit about paying 2 years in front was the dummest thing i did! But i learned from it.

#739 6 years ago

Andrew has left the building. A sad day to see him go for good but necessary for the future of the company. We all wish him the best of luck and hope he takes a long and much-needed rest.

Now we can move forward and get this ball rolling again.

#740 6 years ago

Wow does Andrew no longer own any part of the company/business?

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is it corporate law and specifically dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and take overs?
If not then that is like asking a gynecologist to check out the wart on your foot

Gynecologists know all about warts.

#742 6 years ago

When I came onboard this project Andrew and I would talk for sometimes hours every single day. By the end of things our relationship wasn't the best. Just how it worked out. Was a long ride.

Despite our differences the enthusiasm that he has for pinball and the Alien franchise never changed. He really did care, that was never in doubt. I wish him the best of luck. I'm sure he has a ton of mixed emotions about today. Whatever happens from here the game wouldn't exist without his passion.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Wow does Andrew no longer own any part of the company/business?

I don't know the legal answer to that, as far as to what the deal really entails. But Andrew leaving the company and not being involved any longer was always part of the deal, it just wasn't really discussed because the paperwork wasn't signed. We've all known, just waiting for it to be official.

This is part of why I've said to have a little patience, this has been complicated, and until it was completed there was a lot that couldn't be said. I hope people will give the new owners a chance now that they're in charge and able to do things differently, just like I hope they're able to do a good job.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Has anyone sent emails to Roger, Daniel, and Morgan who were in the New Investor Email and received a response back? I have on Wed but nothing yet. I appreciate their offer to get in touch with them but if they are swamped then perhaps they should give a response window to set expectations. I'm patient but would hope for a return message in 48 hours.

I replied to their email, (sent to all three people in their email), on Wed night and I said thanks but no thanks, I'd like my money back....surprise, surprise I have not heard back. I was planning on filing a claim with Paypal if I did not here back from them by the end of the weekend. Lets just say I am not holding my breath!

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When I came onboard this project Andrew and I would talk for sometimes hours every single day. By the end of things our relationship wasn't the best. Just how it worked out. Was a long ride.
Despite our differences the enthusiasm that he has for pinball and the Alien franchise never changed. He really did care, that was never in doubt. I wish him the best of luck. I'm sure he has a ton of mixed emotions about today. Whatever happens from here the game wouldn't exist without his passion.

He had a very big dream with some great concepts and obviously a lot of passion. Most startups fail. Doesn't mean it was a bad idea...just some underestimation on what things cost...especially what time costs. I think the concept was sound...we shall see.

I always pictured Andrew on Shark Tank....he would have come across super passionate and they would have really liked him....then they would have all ran of the set when he mentioned the margins.

#746 6 years ago

Man, I really hope everyone gets their pin. My buddy is PIF and already got hosed once on Predator. Good luck everyone!

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I replied to their email, (sent to all three people in their email), on Wed night and I said thanks but no thanks, I'd like my money back....surprise, surprise I have not heard back. I was planning on filing a claim with Paypal if I did not here back from them by the end of the weekend.

Did you read the part where they said that it might take several weeks to review the ledgers?

fully committed to get people refunds if they want one, but it might take a week or several as it’s only today that they can begin reviewing financials fully.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is part of why I've said to have a little patience, this has been complicated

Quoted from conester:

I was planning on filing a claim with Paypal if I did not here back from them by the end of the weekend.

#749 6 years ago

Glad to hear the new owners are now in control, and I'm really looking forward to finally getting an official response detailing how refunds will be processed.

I'm really wishing them all the best & rooting for this project to get to full production

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Andrew has left the building. A sad day to see him go for good but necessary for the future of the company. We all wish him the best of luck and hope he takes a long and much-needed rest.
Now we can move forward and get this ball rolling again.

Quoted from Aurich:

I have always been impressed about Andrew's passion for Pinball and Alien in particular. Sad he cannot live his dream, but that is sometimes how life goes. He took the right decision to hand over the company to protect his customers and hopefully let the company survive and grow. Take care.........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/15?hl=take2-take5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.