Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1528 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.
#601 2 years ago

They have officially put out a timelime. Their words.

We all know what the Andrew timelines meant.

If these guys start delivering according to their timeline, that's a great thing.

If not, feel free to pile on at that point.

I don't see the continuous need for others who think they need to come to the rescue of us poor souls who are getting taken advantage of.

The public record is clearly laid out for people to see and decide for themselves.

See 3 options noted in my prior post.

#602 2 years ago

Everytime I read the title of this thread I think of this......and somebody please Photoshop Andrew's head on it for me.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good Lord people! Speculation, speculation, speculation.
I've decided I'm only going to pay attention to posts made by current investors and current employees of Heighway pinball.
EVERYTHING else is just speculation or shit that happened on the old watch.

head-in-sand (resized).jpg

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They have officially put out a timelime. Their words.
We all know what the Andrew timelines meant.
If these guys start delivering according to their timeline, that's a great thing.
If not, feel free to pile on at that point.
I don't see the continuous need for others who think they need to come to the rescue of us poor souls who are getting taken advantage of.
The public record is clearly laid out for people to see and decide for themselves.
See 3 options noted in my prior post.

excellent...

#605 2 years ago

That photo also came to mind when I read Astropin's post. I remember it well as you used it in response to one of my posts during the Predator fiasco.

#606 2 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know that I also got the mail from the new Heighway. I did not request a refund so the rumor of them only reaching out to people who asked for a refund is total nonsense.

I for one am happy that Andrew has taken these steps. He could also just have let it die, but he did not.

Only way to end this drama is just not to pre-order anymore and for certain do not send money before machines are ready to ship. This may mean that there will not be a new pinball manufacturer anymore, but I think it is also in the intrest of the manufacturer-to-be because they cannot spend money before they deliver machines that make money for them. Then a pinball manufacturer has to finance his business like almost every other business does. The way it is now is just like a private Kickstarter, no guarantees and no way of knowing what is going on.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just wanted to let you all know that I also got the mail from the new Heighway. I did not request a refund so the rumor of them only reaching out to people who asked for a refund is total nonsense.

Not nonsense. There are two different emails: one to those who requested a refund, and a different one to those who didn't.

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Only way to end this drama is just not to pre-order anymore and for certain do not send money before machines are ready to ship.

Doesn't the new ownership reset the clock so to speak? Isn't it possible for everyone to ask for and receive refunds then wait until the game is shipping and finished to their satisfaction before buying, albeit at a higher price?

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just wanted to let you all know that I also got the mail from the new Heighway. I did not request a refund

I got the email and I didn't even order an Alien!

Also, I don't think anyone has their head in the sand or up their ass at this point. I think the cautious optimism and wait and see approach seems reasonable given that these guys just poured a couple (few?) million in to this with the goal of polishing and delivering Alien and hopefully moving company forward. The words of confidence from the actual employees with direct knowledge of the project go a long way as well. This is not their first title. The game is 90%(?) done. This shouldn't be THAT hard.

I'm thinking, if you live under a rock and had ordered Alien to put under your rock, and you didn't obsessively follow all things in the pinball nerdiverse, later this year you'd get your game and think "man, that took forever".

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Not nonsense. There are two different emails: one to those who requested a refund, and a different one to those who didn't.

Looks the same to me (I got one)...except for the part where they ask why the person want's to get out...which I would have done if I was them.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Never said or implied it should be with "our" money. Of course they should refund everyone who wants one. But...refunds are not going to happen today...or yesterday. Andrew is gone so he can't refund money. The paperwork on taking this whole thing over has not been signed yet so the new investors can't issue refunds yet.

you're talking like you know this firsthand as a fact. Do you work for Heighway or something or are you just speculating?

Quoted from Astropin:

I's need to be dotted and T's crossed...then (and only then) can real shit start happening.
People demanding a refund NOW...well I think they're yelling into the wind. YES...request your refunds if you want out...but don't expect a response until the buyout is finalized.
And yes I realize the investors are making inquiries with those who have asked for refunds...I would do likewise if I was them.
BTW...the part about a price increase...that's going out to everyone, not just people asking for a refund. I think a price increase was inevitable given what the competition is doing; the timeframe involved with Alien's development and that these guys are trying to get this train back on the tracks.
Will they succeed? I have no effing clue and neither do you (by you I mean everyone).

You're incredibly aggressive towards those who are skeptical. Give it a rest, dude. Get off the high horse, people will feel how they will without your incredibly aggressive continual commentary.

#612 2 years ago

That's just weak Rob....that all you got? I am fully aware of the situation.

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from stealthenight:

you're talking like you know this firsthand as a fact. Do you work for Heighway or something or are you just speculating?

That the papers have not been signed yet? Well that did come straight from people who spoke directly to the new investors.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Ok I did not know this. I got the feeling the crowd here thought that only people that asked for a refund were being approached by Heighway, which is not the case.

#615 2 years ago

Are people who put the deposit down getting the email, I haven't received it yet.

#616 2 years ago

For people who did not receive the email, have you checked your spam or junk folder? That's where mine went.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That the papers have not been signed yet? Well that did come straight from people who spoke directly to the new investors.

I have no doubt that you are.

But what you wrote...well, I still think ignoring all future posts on this subject by anyone other than Heighway or current investors is worthy of that picture!

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are people who put the deposit down getting the email, I haven't received it yet.

I just got one today...so they are trickling out.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no doubt that you are.
But what you wrote...well, I still think ignoring all future posts on this subject by anyone other than Heighway or current investors is worthy of that picture!

Obviously I don't follow my own advice.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, got mine 2 hours ago.

#621 2 years ago

As someone with the experience of having my money/game being held hostage by Dutch Pinball, and having my requests for a refund refused...if you can get out with your money, my advice is - GET OUT! NOW!!! RUN!!!!! F all these inept pinball charlatans to hell.

Only buy IN STOCK games from distributors in your country.

#622 2 years ago

I can confirm that I paid and also got the new alien update email.

#623 2 years ago

I only had a deposit and got 2 emails today. Still going forward with my refund. Those staying in, I want tjis to succeed, and i hope you get your pins.....but right now the prognosis is not as great as you want to believe, and these new owners have a real uphill battle. They are giving you an 'out' so anyone that chooses to stay in cannot later blame anyone for misleading them.

#624 2 years ago

I was gone for a few days and I know this is completely off the main topic but get tired of people telling flat out lies to try and assult someones character. It is somewhat still relevant as this guy is apparently telling people I am/was some sort of employee or getting a commission on Heighway games which is also completely a lie.

I thought others may enjoy the reality being shown to them so they know his true character. This guy has had a hard on for me for years and his comment finally places the entire time and reason for his false outrage. 3 years ago was my first interaction with him. My friend Mark was selling a funhouse and Lordloss reached out to ask for my advice. This is how Lordloss remembers that interaction and apparantly the starting point for his grudge and character assasination.

Quoted from lordloss:

Like that funhouse I bought, you said it was great deal and a great machine. Cold solder joints, cracked ramps, broken divert. Its like you refuse to say anything negative about a pin your friends own. All to help drive the price up and scam someone out of $$$.

Here is the reality of the entire conversation when 3 years ago he reached out to me and asked for my input. I would not normally share a private message but when someone assults my character and tells lies, I think it is fair to do so. not quite sure how my response to him translates to me saying it was a great deal or magically my responsibility to go inspect the game for him...

Sorry for the commercial break, just thought it was worth sharing in the context of his BS.

Lordliar (resized).PNG

#625 2 years ago

Standard or le .. For your refund .... And who was the e-mail from can u add this .... I'm number 76 on a le....thanks...

#626 2 years ago

my email came from morgan@heighwaypinball.com this morning

--Jeff

#627 2 years ago

Thanks...

#628 2 years ago

Can anyone who gets a refund since the new owners took over please let us know? Just so we know where we stand at this time.

#629 2 years ago

What a bunch of bullshit you're going to hold all the people who've been in it since the beginning as hostages by punishing them with fear mongerring if they pull money out with higher prices?

If these investors have all the accolades of financial genius as stated, have them use their own money to fix this mess.

#630 2 years ago

i got the same blanket email about the deposit, i kindly wrote back that i am fully paid for le (minus options) as requested months ago and please update me with a receipt for payment.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

If these investors have all the accolades of financial genius as stated, have them use their own money to fix this mess.

You can get a refund and wait for an in-hand 100% working game and pay slightly more(do we know how much yet?). You can stay "in" and pay the same price potentially risking your money I guess if the company suffers 2 catastrophic collapses in a row which is hopefully unlikely.

As consumers you have to take personal responsibility at some point. These are the problems of the 99%'ers. Worrying about lost pinball dollars. Check the news on any given day, could be worse!!!

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

If these investors have all the accolades of financial genius as stated, have them use their own money to fix this mess

Umm....no horse in the race here...but isn't that exactly what they're doing? The money people sent is (apparently) gone. So 'their own money' would be used to refund anyone, as well as build games. If you sent them money, it isn't like it's sitting in some account somewhere, it was spent to get this far. Obviously, they'd prefer if people didn't bail, but I don't know where you're getting this 'hostage' analogy.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Umm.... Obviously, they'd prefer if people didn't bail, ........but I don't know where you're getting this 'hostage' analogy.

Really? you just stated why.
How about this, if they ask for a refund, then decide they want back in they get the original quoted price. Any new prospects of the new and improved company have to eat a higher cost.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I got the email and I didn't even order an Alien!
Also, I don't think anyone has their head in the sand or up their ass at this point. I think the cautious optimism and wait and see approach seems reasonable given that these guys just poured a couple (few?) million in to this with the goal of polishing and delivering Alien and hopefully moving company forward. The words of confidence from the actual employees with direct knowledge of the project go a long way as well. This is not their first title. The game is 90%(?) done. This shouldn't be THAT hard.
I'm thinking, if you live under a rock and had ordered Alien to put under your rock, and you didn't obsessively follow all things in the pinball nerdiverse, later this year you'd get your game and think "man, that took forever".

Where do you get the couple (few) million figure from ? I haven't heard anything about financial details. Have I missed it ?

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Where do you get the couple (few) million figure from ? I haven't heard anything about financial details. Have I missed it ?

Someone mentioned 500,000 each but I'm sure it's a guess as is mine--pulled straight out of thin air. I don't think the official financials are available yet. My main point being they dumped money in to try and save the company, it's not a fire sale take over bankruptcy type situation. Everything on here is a guess until they put out something solid.

#636 2 years ago

If everyone makes a run on the bank and asks for refunds I expect the game and company to collapse. The few prototypes will be collector's items of what could have been.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is what it is, just gonna make the costs of pulling this off too much, that's a huge instant cash drain. Doesn't mean everyone shouldn't do whatever they please, but all this crying and shaming over the new owners trying to keep people in is stupid. Of course they are. They're fighting to keep the game and company viable.

I'm already going back to the don't give a f*** mentality to be honest. I'd rather the whole thing collapse than deal with months and months of bellyaching and headaches and bullshit, I've had enough already.

#637 2 years ago

There's no THREAT that the price will be higher if you pull out and re-buy. That is already the case. Recent quotes for the machine down here are 35% higher than my pre-order price. Usual pre-order situation. Jump off the pre-order, pay full retail. Should be no surprise in that.

Quoted from Aurich:

If everyone makes a run on the bank and asks for refunds I expect the game and company to collapse.

Not so sure. I can't imagine more than 50 fully paids. What's that? $350k? Say, 200 deposits? Another $300k? If these guys are putting millions up in total then $650k doesn't shut it down.

#638 2 years ago

Aurich, the company doesn't have any money right now, as shown by the financials posted last week. 28K in the bank, so refunds or no refunds, they just don't have the money, period. The whole point is that the investors know this and are prepared to put more money in to see this through to the end.

I feel that a greater factor in the email 'encouraging' people not to refund is probably the new Star Wars announcement, not what is left in the company bank account right now.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Not so sure. I can't imagine more than 50 fully paids. What's that? $350k

From what I remember, it's something in the region of 175 preorders, with about 180k GBP commited but not yet collected.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

From what I remember, it's something in the region of 175 preorders, with about 180k GBP commited but not yet collected.

Even less then, good. Those numbers don't shut the project down if they're pulled.

#640 2 years ago

"Financial Masters take over company with risk of going belly up if enough preorder customers cancel preorder." That's one Id like to see in the Wall St Journal.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If everyone makes a run on the bank and asks for refunds I expect the game and company to collapse. The few prototypes will be collector's items of what could have been.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is what it is, just gonna make the costs of pulling this off too much, that's a huge instant cash drain. Doesn't mean everyone shouldn't do whatever they please, but all this crying and shaming over the new owners trying to keep people in is stupid. Of course they are. They're fighting to keep the game and company viable.
I'm already going back to the don't give a f*** mentality to be honest. I'd rather the whole thing collapse than deal with months and months of bellyaching and headaches and bullshit, I've had enough already.

Aurich, if you really are getting paid in some way or form for your services to heighway, which of course you should be for the great work you have done with the artwork, mate some of the posts draws a fine line with what side of the fence your sitting on.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm already going back to the don't give a f*** mentality to be honest.

How bout instead you go ask these cash money guys to come into the thread and interact with us instead of letting this thing go off the rails for 13 pages...

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

my email came from morgan@heighwaypinball.com this morning
--Jeff

Ditto for me.....I responded, and will now wait.....

#644 2 years ago

I'm hoping the new owners went into this with the mentality that if all the pre-orders asked for refunds, they would still be fine.

That they would be able to go about getting Aliens produced and more than make up for the lost initial revenue by the increased prices.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Aurich, the company doesn't have any money right now, as shown by the financials posted last week. 28K in the bank, so refunds or no refunds, they just don't have the money, period.

The financials that were posted last week don't actually provide any information about what money the company does or doesn't have *right now*, because the contents of that financial report were dated 31-March-2017.

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

How bout instead you go ask these cash money guys to come into the thread and interact with us instead of letting this thing go off the rails for 13 pages...

It's extremely likely they cannot divulge more information than they already have due to legal reasons.

It's equally likely that some information will not get divulged at all due to business reasons regardless of legal consequences.

The best thing to do is simply be patient and wait to see what happens.

I am aware this is easier said then done - especially since I have no skin in Alien - yet.

However I do have interest in seeing HP succeed as I do own FT and would like to buy some parts for it. How the "new" HP services existing customers will determine - for me at least - commitment to Alien.

They can start by doing something all other pinball manufacturers do which is create a manual. Without a manual there are no part numbers to use to order parts. Along with of course the rest of the information generally included in a manual to help owners troubleshoot issues.

I would assume the new investors are monitoring this thread to get a feel for the attitudes among their customer base. For those readers I can unequivocally state that I will only entertain the possibility of purchasing Alien - or any future HP game - when the ability to supply parts to existing customers has been established.

#647 2 years ago

BLUF: Time will not be kind to those that are not carefully reviewing present circumstances.

The survival of HP is to be based on volume sales of this title (something that is overlooked if a market wants to expand in growth, not shrink to tiny qualities at high prices), of which the manufacturing line in this case does not even exist yet, and never did.
The company needs to build at least several thousand just to return a marginal level of profit for investors as they have to absorb the initial existing losses.
If it does not happen, the game is over before it starts, and there is no "hot design" on the heels of this languishing project.
FT was a commercial failure and a rerun of that game would not save the company a third time either.

There is a difference between cynicism and realism.
I use colourful analogies to make a point that may actually protect individuals from making historical repeated mistakes.
I do not need to speculate anything based on personal experience in manufacturing, industry, and corporate bureaucracy.

Pinball manufacturer discussions were quite diverse and open minded in the early 90s until starting closure of companies in 1994.
Not that there was not a lot of "backstabbing" of sorts to maintain market shares.
Closures were not all out of financial distress or pure profitability.
I had similar discussions with others as early as 2003 regarding IPB (before the formal announcement of BBB at Expo 2004), which other than a couple of other historical examples in the 1970s and 80s was the first "boutique" machine of sorts.
2010-2011 was a fairly pivotal moment in this industry with Stern regaining ground after potential closure, the market revival, and birth of new manufacturers, all of which were modestly unprepared for the challenges.

The history, reasoning, and justification of the birth of boutique manufacturers is actually quite interesting and insightful.
I may decide to write another professional article about the sequencing.

People did not want to listen from the past either.
Owners that feel secure that Full Throttle was made (thereby "proving" HP can make machines) are believing false security of a mindset of ignorance.
That game construction build average was less than 5.5% of a single machine a day over the course of nearly 5 years.
This is not a good number.

If enthusiasts feel that I am overtly negative, I do not have a problem with that, but recognize some of the most successful pinball former manufacturer personnel in the world recognized the danger signs and even offered advice long before the "Era of Boutique Manufacturers, 2011-2017" and applied crowd funding mindset to pre orders of titles. I use the ending year of 2017 for a specific reason.

Let distributors, wholesalers, brokers, and deals do their job and take the necessary risks regarding capital for acquisition of new titles.
Let manufacturers pave their own way to being successful by their own money for design, material sourcing, and construction.
That is of course, unless enthusiasts want to invest their their own income into operational control of ownership of a business.
Potential consumer end users can only lose, every time they try to "shortcut the line".

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Aurich, if you really are getting paid in some way or form for your services to heighway, which of course you should be for the great work you have done with the artwork, mate some of the posts draws a fine line with what side of the fence your sitting on.

If anyone is at all confused I'll help:

I WANT ALIEN TO BE MADE AND BE SUCCESSFUL, I AM NOT NEUTRAL ON THIS.

Getting paid something would be nice, but honestly if they sell 1000 games I'll still have an hourly rate worse than anything I've seen since high school. Money is a bonus, not the prime motivation.

I've been involved in this game, doing more than just art packages, for more than two years. Of course I want to see it come out. But I'd rather see it fail then endure months of bullshit, I have no more capacity.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

There's no THREAT that the price will be higher if you pull out and re-buy. That is already the case. Recent quotes for the machine down here are 35% higher than my pre-order price. Usual pre-order situation. Jump off the pre-order, pay full retail. Should be no surprise in that.

Not so sure. I can't imagine more than 50 fully paids. What's that? $350k? Say, 200 deposits? Another $300k? If these guys are putting millions up in total then $650k doesn't shut it down.

Of course the price is going to be higher--when was the original price announced--2015? Look at the course of a game like Metallica. Over its lifespan, it has had several price increases. Wasn't it $4,200 when it first released? So it's not absurd to think the cost of making this game has increased over 2 years. Yes, it's quite different in the production delays, but the price of parts doesn't hold static just because production has been in neutral.

#650 2 years ago

Ill just be patient and open a beer
-Jeff

20170607_180205 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 1528 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside