wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
#1 6 years ago

Hello to all pinball enthusiasts out there, we are active investors in Heighway Pinball Ltd.

There has been a lot of talk, and also silence, over the last few weeks. For this we are sorry but we have not been legally able to reach out to you before now.

We are now happy to announce that we have reached an agreement on how to take over the business and move it forward.

We are all pinball enthusiasts and professional business owners. We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.

We have drawn up a detailed strategy to invest money into the company, both to ensure that machines are built to the highest quality and also to ensure that healthy numbers are shipped as quickly as possible.

The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding to make sure that everyone, who has money at stake, will get their ordered pinball machines.

The budget and business plan for how to make this a success has been carefully drawn up and is about to be put in place.

The transaction is now in progress and legal papers are being drawn up as you read this. We hope you all will bear with us for the next couple of weeks as we get everything in place.

We have had positive talks with our major distributors around the world and we thank them all for their patience and for believing in us.

Together with our suppliers, distributors and you pinball enthusiasts, we can make this happen. Alien is a great game and there are more to follow.

We will keep you updated and communication channels will be opened as soon as we are settled in.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in advance. We understand your frustrations and concerns. All of us investors are in the same boat as you, waiting for their games to be shipped and, after much time spent at the factory, we have taken matters into our own hands to ensure that Heighway Pinball can survive and prosper.

Regards
Investor Group - Heighway Pinball Ltd

#2 6 years ago

Good work

#3 6 years ago

Thank you. Now is clearly the time for action and open communication. This is an excellent start.

#4 6 years ago

hope those that are fully paid will still be getting their games!!

#5 6 years ago

IMG_0002 (resized).pngIMG_0002 (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

Excellent! To good a game and theme to let die on the vine.

#7 6 years ago

Good.

Hopefully customer service will improve. I have been waiting for a parts quote for 3 weeks.

#8 6 years ago

This is great news, but an official announcement will add legitimacy to the above, if all is legit moving forward this is certainly great news for all current and future Heighway customers specifically those with money in and games on order.

#9 6 years ago

2 more weeks...

A faceless organization... with no names, no history, no specifics on their plan. Fits right into the groove...

#10 6 years ago

This is good news. I hope to see an email to all people who have put down money laying out a timeline or some additional information.

This makes me more comfortable with Heighway and I look forward to playing my LE.

Sincerely
Jeff

#11 6 years ago

Great news but i hope it doesnt come with a price increase

#12 6 years ago

Another lies?
Let me know , the production is ready and you need balance now?

#13 6 years ago

Seems vague, like a prank. Hopefully someone official will validate this thread soon.

#14 6 years ago

Yay?

#15 6 years ago

So Chris sold his Magic Girl and used the proceeds to buy Heighway?

#16 6 years ago

This is the real deal, take it from me, a HP employee for 4 frustrating years.

#17 6 years ago

I love me some LaserJet printers

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding

!

#19 6 years ago

To confirm, this is not a prank.

This is a situation that is happening now.

There are big plans, and a big budget, to take Alien - and the company - to where they need to be.

Everyone at the company is committed to delivering games to customers as quickly as possible.

We apologise for the lack of communications, customer service and technical support over the last few weeks and months. The company will aim to improve in all areas, moving forwards.

#20 6 years ago

This is great news! Looking forward to hearing more. And I do hope my friends who are waiting for customer service on their pins do hear back from your team.

#21 6 years ago

I can Speak as Distributor for Germany Switzerland and Austria, that I have been involved in the discussion with the Investor group.

And from my side are the thumps up.

As far as I have been informed, the money shall be put in the company very fast after signing all the documents.
Big Batch of Components will be ordered at the suppliers and target is to go fast in the promissed quantities from the past (~100 games a month).

This means that we can deliver soon the already sold games to our customers and much more machines will be available to sell to the customers which are interested in this great game.

But we all need to be realistic and the big bunch of machines will not be ready within a few weeks, because also the suppliers need to produce all the components and delivere to the factory, etc.

Looking forward on the next weeks and months.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

So Chris sold his Magic Girl and used the proceeds to buy Heighway?

OK, I chuckled.

#23 6 years ago

Sounds positive, you guys have worked too hard come up with some great stuff to fail now. Also very good news for people waiting for games and parts.

#25 6 years ago

Well, this is an interesting development. A list of questions I know will be raised:

-Who are you? What's your background?
-Do you have an existing interest or background in pinball?
-Do you have experience in manufacturing?
-Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?
-Are buyers going to be made whole either through full refunds or the games they ordered?
-Are staff, contractors, and/or suppliers that are owed payment going to be made whole?
-Since Andrew was responsible for the vision behind getting Heighway started, will he continue to be a part of the company in some way?
-What will happen with warranty coverage on existing games out in the wild?
-If you have plans to continue with production, what sort of timeline could we expect, and how many games per week/month could be expected to be shipped?
-Has cointaker's shipment of games been located/delivered?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To confirm, this is not a prank.
This is a situation that is happening now.
There are big plans, and a big budget, to take Alien - and the company - to where they need to be.
Everyone at the company is committed to delivering games to customers as quickly as possible.
We apologise for the lack of communications, customer service and technical support over the last few weeks and months. The company will aim to improve in all areas, moving forwards.

weeks and months? You mean years. I see the communication has already improved by such a poor delivery of this news..

#27 6 years ago

Hopefully, Alien will see the light of day until I see them in MASS production, I will sit on the sidelines and watch.

#28 6 years ago

Potentially good news but holy hell I'm tired of all the mystery and announcements for announcements.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, this is an interesting development. A list of questions I know will be raised:
-Are buyers going to be made whole either through full refunds or the games they ordered?
-Are staff, contractors, and/or suppliers that are owed payment going to be made whole?
-Since Andrew was responsible for the vision behind getting Heighway started, will he continue to be a part of the company in some way?

I read "we are active investors" as to them already being involved prior and have now taken over

#30 6 years ago

As a member of Team Alien US let me say that this channel and this announcement are the real deal. The names of the Investor Group would not be of any use to you. The members of the Investor Group are passionate about pinball and specifically the Alien Pinball machine. The Investor Group is made up of smart gentlemen who have not jumped into this without thought.
This is real and this is happening.
I couldn't be happier. I want to see all my children get into the wild and thrive.

ddt

#31 6 years ago

Andrew tapped out. Nice.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quoted from daudioguy:

The names of the Investor Group would not be of any use to you.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well written Post of the day.
Your point "Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?"

This exact same thing happened in Australia with the WOZ distributor "bumper action" Mark 1,Mark2 and mark3.
People couldn't get their money back because their money was with the bumper action Mark 1 company.

#34 6 years ago

Pinball is hard.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well written Post of the day.
Your point "Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?"
This exact same thing happened in Australia with the WOZ distributor "bumper action" Mark 1,Mark2 and mark3.
People couldn't get their money back because their money was with the bumper action Mark 1 company.

There are absolutely no plans to liquidate this company. Everyone is committed to pushing the company forward and delivering games to customers.

The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already. They are well-experienced and respected members of the community already - and successful businessmen in their own rights.

They are immensely passionate about the company and its products ... and moving this company forwards.

#36 6 years ago

Are you leaving the company altogether Andrew?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?

in the first post I read this to be a clear statement:

Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.

#38 6 years ago

I hope they are better at communicating realistic timelines.

#39 6 years ago

Sounds like he sold off majority equity if there's "new leadership". My guess is he's completely out. Add it to the list.

#40 6 years ago

#41 6 years ago

You should buy DP while you're at it.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

-If you have plans to continue with production, what sort of timeline could we expect, and how many games per week/month could be expected to be shipped?
-Has cointaker's shipment of games been located/delivered?

You know they will be raised because you raised them.

#43 6 years ago

There are absolutely no plans to liquidate this company. Everyone is committed to pushing the company forward and delivering games to customers.
The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already. They are well-experienced and respected members of the community already - and successful businessmen in their own rights.
They are immensely passionate about the company and its products ... and moving this company forwards.

Congratulations to you guys and Alien buyers for hanging in there.

That's awesome!

#44 6 years ago

The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already.

I thought Andrew was the owner....

This seems like just another turn around for what's happened in this industry for the past 5 years and that I've read similar posts like this before. It will be healthy for the industry and our hobby for Heighway to succeed, but I don't understand how anyone can put money down on a game before it is produced after all of this.

#45 6 years ago

I think things will work out for all of us .. If u have waited this long. Well enjoy the ride.. Soon the game will be in your basement with over a 100 plays.. Can't wait for my le.... Best to Andrew... Great ideas from a great guy... Life is to short .. Let's enjoy it....

#46 6 years ago

Andrew brought together a ton of passionate people to design a great looking game.

#47 6 years ago

#48 6 years ago

What about people wanting refunds?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Sounds like he sold off majority equity if there's "new leadership". My guess is he's completely out. Add it to the list.

That's how I took it based on this:

Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

The company will have new management, new leadership

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That's how I took it based on this:

Well they have not updated the personnel on the website yet if that is the case. Andrew is still CEO according to the site...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.