(Topic ID: 281510)

Reassembling mixer, is my wiper contact correct?

By alb0711

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by alb0711
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65C8F3C6-9614-4127-87CF-7FC2CF0767F0 (resized).jpeg
89F3F488-C70B-4679-895A-88F984A91188 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I’ve repaired and cleaned my Big Time mixer. When I took it apart I didn’t look closely at the wiper center contacts. Is the wiper arm closest to center supposed to ride on top of the clutch pad? I’m guessing it’ll make a ground contact thru the metal clutch plate but it doesn’t look like a solid contact. In the first photo you can see the center wiper with the 90 degree bend on the end. In the second photo you can see how the center wiper rests on the clutch. Is this correct or do I have a reassembly issue? Thanks!

65C8F3C6-9614-4127-87CF-7FC2CF0767F0 (resized).jpeg65C8F3C6-9614-4127-87CF-7FC2CF0767F0 (resized).jpeg89F3F488-C70B-4679-895A-88F984A91188 (resized).jpeg89F3F488-C70B-4679-895A-88F984A91188 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

You have it wrong. The wiper arm needs to make contact with the stationary plate, riding on the metal ring in the middle. This is an easy mistake to make until you've done it wrong a couple of times. Not hard to rectify. May be a PITA but you should be able to reposition the arm without disassembling. Check each mixer, they all have the same configuration.

#3 3 years ago

the easiest thing when assembling is hold a leather washer and metal clutch plate against the rotor surface, then slide those three pieces onto the shaft as an assembly.

that'll prevent mashing the wiper finger between the leather clutch and the rotor. Otherwise, you have to tilt the rotor or bend the finger a bit to get the clutch pieces behind the finger.

if you've mangled the finger a bit, make sure it's riding reasonably centered on the ring on the contact plate. If it falls off the edge of the ring, it can contact rivets as the rotor spins and you get interesting side effects like units stepping or features enabling while the rotor is turning.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys, I knew it didn't look right! Just glad I didn't get it all back together yet.

Allen

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reassembling-mixer-is-my-wiper-contact-correct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.