(Topic ID: 34313)

Reasonably priced EM projects out there?

By stashyboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

If anyone has something with potential in the northeast that they won't be able to restore, let me know. I may have space for a game soon. Seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks their barn fresh games are worth more that Gold these days........Obviously condition and title will dictate what reasonable should be.

Thanks, Mark

#2 11 years ago

I have a really nice bally nip it with a ball count problem, but am in Illinois. wish you were closer.

Good Luck on your hunt.

Brian

#3 11 years ago

I'd like to find a few, too. Between Houston and New Orleans. But as you point out, they want real money for big projects. Saw one on Craigslist awhile back. Both glasses missing, playfield looked like it was covered in mud, cabinet delaminating, and wanted hundreds of dollars. Go figure.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks their barn fresh games are worth more that Gold these days.
    Thanks, Mark

Sounds more like you are dealing with every Harry Dick named Tom. There are some great deals on EMs down here, fully working games in really nice shape $500 and under. Unless it is a rare game an EM project is $100 - $200 if you can even find a buyer.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

Sounds more like you are dealing with every Harry Dick named Tom. There are some great deals on EMs down here, fully working games in really nice shape $500 and under. Unless it is a rare game an EM project is $100 - $200 if you can even find a buyer.

To me, unless it is collectible, $100 is about my limit. Here's why:
    A friend asked me to work on her Bally Bow and Arrow. I have a Gottlieb Jungle. Both have sold (not Listed, sold...click on "completed listings") on ebay for $350 to $400. If I put $100 in a machine, another $50 to $100 in parts (assuming nothing major is damaged/missing), 15 to 20 hours work, do EXTENSIVE testing , and I walk away with $400, I'm ok with that.

I'm not in it to make a living (tho I wish I was), but I don't want to lose money on the deal either.

#6 11 years ago

wasn't that long ago you could pick up a decent looking EM project for $250-400
    And when the bottom fell out and ppl were selling everything and heading for the hills
    guys were scoring big time & posting the scores/pick ups on Pinside like everyday.
    Not sure if anyone else remembers what a feeding frenzy it was in 09 &10 ?
    I wish I landed a few more with 20/20 rear vision today

#7 11 years ago

I have an Olympic hockey. Nice Playfield cabinet fair but backglass is cracked. Game is complete I just have 2 other projects going on. $150.00 otherwise I'll just sit on it until I get to it. I'm in NH

#8 11 years ago

I know a guy with a Gottlieb Pro Pool, he's located in Amsterdam, NY. I might be able to get you pics tonight, PM me if you are interested

#9 11 years ago

This just popped up on CL, run go now!

glensfalls.craigslist.org link

#10 11 years ago

That looks like a nice Big Ben someone grab it quick

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

That looks like a nice Big Ben someone grab it quick

A nice Big Ben?! Is there such a thing???

- Tim

#12 11 years ago

I've seen 4-5 EM's in the $150-$400 price range in the chicagoland area in the last couple days.

Don't know what this person wants, but sounds like they want em gone quick:
    fortwayne.craigslist.org link

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A nice Big Ben?! Is there such a thing???

Every Big Ben I've seen had a bad BG
    anyone have a nice BG for sale?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've seen 4-5 EM's in the $150-$400 price range in the chicagoland area in the last couple days.
    Don't know what this person wants, but sounds like they want em gone quick:
    fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Jubilee is really scraping the bottom of the EM barrel, but Liberty Bell is pretty good.

Seems like every EM that is on my list is either hard to find or expensive, but good deals do come along if you're patient.

#15 11 years ago

I really like my jubilee.
    It's clearcoated. It's fast.
    It's Hella fun to compete with more than 1 player

Offer 100 for both
    -jeff

#16 11 years ago

Just keep checking local Craigs List/ auctions/paper and be patient and you will find some EM projects for the right price.

Ken

#17 11 years ago

Hellodeadcity, there was a big Ben for sale near me for $350 and the bg looked to be in really good shape.

Not sure if it's still available, but I can check if you want.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Just keep checking local Craigs List/ auctions/paper and be patient and you will find some EM projects for the right price.

+1

EM project can be found - and can be had from $0 on up. It will generally take much longer to find a specific title. In this (pin) economy even basket case machines tend to start out too high. I've had a couple deals greatly reduced when I decided to walk. The seller decides they wanted it gone more than inflated asking price.

Many will have bg issues. Shay Group is a good source for repro bg for older machines

#19 11 years ago

I have 2 I would sell. Hearts and spades and a flip a card. $600 ea. located 20 miles north of Allentown, PA.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Hellodeadcity, there was a big Ben for sale near me for $350

thanks PrMailers but I only need a BG for this game mine is kind of yucky,
    I doubt anyone will do a run of repros for Big Ben

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spanishsilver:

I have an Olympic hockey. Nice Playfield cabinet fair but backglass is cracked. Game is complete I just have 2 other projects going on. $150.00 otherwise I'll just sit on it until I get to it. I'm in NH

Do you have some pics of this game you could send? Don't care about the cabinet so much, mainly
    the BG & PF. Thanks!
    John

#22 11 years ago

Just for Em.s I got a Duotron here for $400. It semi works but needs a little help.

Also just got 10 more solid state as well as two DMD games in. But you wouldn't be interested in those.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reasonably-priced-em-projects-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.