1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

I had a similar problem. I bought a machine but couldn't get the sellers schedule to work with the 4 hour window the hauler was giving him. We ended up resolving it by scheduling what they call an "on-time" pickup window, which ended up costing me a bit more but worked. I wonder if you can set a specific delivery time with your buyer and schedule an "on-time" delivery date with STI?

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Update:
    I contacted the seller on friday telling him that i would give him a few more days, but i needed him to at least get a pickup date set by tuesday for this week sometime.
    It seems to be his work schedule that is the issue, but i feel i have waited long enough.
    He said he would reach out to them as soon as he could.
    Should I give him the option to drop it off as well (like via his local fastenal, on a pallet)?
    Im just concerned that if his schedule is weekdays and that keeps him from setting a pickup date...why would he be able to palletize, wrap and secure, and drop it off?

Dude needs to figure things out on his end. It shouldn't take this long for him to get his affairs in order and schedule a pickup up time. By this time I would give an ultimatum, either give me a 2 to 4hour window that you will be available this week or refund my money. His reluctance to get this sale finalized makes me question if he even really has the game.

Hopefully it won't come down to that and if he gives you a time for pickup immediately contact STI and let them know the agreed upon date so they can confirm with the seller & hauler.

Best of luck.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, this story has taken a turn for the worse. The seller never took the pin to be shipped (despite repeatedly saying he would, even up until the last hour he had to do it). After his time line had passed, I told him i wanted to cancel the transaction and have my money refunded. He still hasn't responded...that was about 8 hours ago. I like to believe that he was just having a hard time with aligning his schedule with the shippers...but the lack of communication, lack of drive to complete the sale, and now having no response kind of throws that out the window.
    I paid via paypal goods and services, so i filed a claim on him.
    For those interested, the seller in question is fred gonzales in Maine, and the machine was a jurassic park.
    The other thing that sucks is that during this whole thing, i came across 2 other pinballs that i would have loved to have (one was another jurassic park about 3 hours away)...but my money was (and still is) tied up in this one...so i missed out on those too.
    Even worse, this was supposed to be a Christmas surprise for my wife and 3 kids. Now that won't happen.
    Hopefully i get my money back with no problems. I should have paypal's protection on it.
    I would definitely be overly cautious the next time i need to get a pin shipped. I would MUCH rather get one local or even have to take a reasonable road trip over shipping.
    I would absolutely need to set up a shipping plan beforehand and not pay until the shippers show up at their home or when they take it to drop off.
    I wish this would have ended better...

I'm sorry to hear this, especially on your first pin shipping transaction. In the future I would stick to pinside market place and maybe KLOV, just be sure to do your homework on the seller before purchasing regardless.

Best of luck to you on your hunt for a JP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 64.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 60.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 209.99
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside