Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

legs3.jpg
legs2.jpg
leg guide.jpg
2013-05-22_23.25.14.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

I just bought a STTNG and it is missing the "rear leg guides". The only thing I can find on the internet is other people looking for them. The part is 01-10726 It looks like a "J". The guides are used to pull out the playfield without damage. The game is incredibly hard to shop without it.

I ripped this picture off of another pinside thread. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-playfield-rails (thanks Chocky 909), but no one answered him about the guides.

Does anyone know a source? I have looked all over.

Thanks!

2013-05-22_23.25.14.jpg2013-05-22_23.25.14.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Thanks!! I looked at that web page like 5 times, and never scrolled down the whole way. Dumb Dumb Dumb

1 year later
#4 9 years ago

I am working on my TOTAN and noticed this on a Shadow I just got rid of. Both were exports and both missing rear leg guide rails. The manual shows that they should be there but no holes? Here is the rear of my TOTAN anyone run into this? Should I just get longer bracket screws? Please advise if you have experience as it kills me to hear and feel wood on wood.

leg guide.jpgleg guide.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Here is the photo of the guide I bought and the manual

legs2.jpglegs2.jpg legs3.jpglegs3.jpg
#6 9 years ago

TOTAN doesn't use rear leg guides. I think very few, if any, WPC95 uses them.

Neither does Shadow or STTNG. That's also the reason for the holes not being there. On pins that use them they are listet in the "Lower Playfield Parts" section of the manual. You can also check the parts list. Has nothing to do with export or not.

The reason you see them in the instruction for lowering the PF ist because they always just copied this section over from manual to manual. STTNG was one of the first, if not the first, not to have them.

What surprises me is that your PF is touching the wood. You'd have to lift it straight up from resting position to get the PF on the woos rails. But you pull it forward only slightly lifted, and raise it not before the tilting mechanism is locked.
Seen a lot of damage on PFs in that just area because mechanics used to treat the pins like trucks...

#7 9 years ago

Thanks. I realized Ive been incorrectly following instruction and see that there is no need for em.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rear-leg-guide-williams-01-10726-for-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.