image-827.jpg
image-960.jpg
image-123.jpg
image-321.jpg
image-758.jpg
image-95.jpg
image-421.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a TAFG that I've had for awhile. Shopping it right now and noticed that in the middle of the playfield there's an embedded stamp in it under the artwork that shows "409322". I've never seen anything like it. I took the best pictures I could. You can only see it in the glare.

Anyone ever seen this or can explain it?

image-421.jpgimage-421.jpg image-95.jpgimage-95.jpg image-758.jpgimage-758.jpg image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg image-960.jpgimage-960.jpg image-123.jpgimage-123.jpg image-827.jpgimage-827.jpg
#2 10 years ago

My understanding is They were stamping/Black Light inking playfields so you could track if the game was sold out of territory. Back then you had a sales territory for pinballs

JJ

#3 10 years ago

You sure its 409322?

its your serial number for the playfield, It should match the barcode on the lower left of the playfield,

What game number is yours?

I've never seen a "409" serial number,

#4 10 years ago

Wait, Is it 403922?

That's game number #939 Brian Johnson in Ohio?

Mines directly under you on the Addams Gold owners list lol,
#0964 Jamie

#5 10 years ago

Yes that's me #939 and yes it is positively 403922. So this is for black lighting purposes?

I feel like a father with a birth certificate

image-257.jpgimage-257.jpg image-909.jpgimage-909.jpg
#6 10 years ago

No it's not reactive to black light, I just checked,
Must just be another serial number, I looked at mine and it's in the same place too

Serial 405952 game number #0964

image-898.jpgimage-898.jpg image-604.jpgimage-604.jpg image-127.jpgimage-127.jpg image-440.jpgimage-440.jpg
#7 10 years ago

Picture under black light

image-86.jpgimage-86.jpg
#8 10 years ago

See that's interesting if it's not a visible part under black light. I really can't imagine that it would be a reference from the naked eye just by looking at it with the glass on if your trying to figure out a game via region. Yah I need to frame my certificate. I haven't gotten there yet. I also need to re-trim, and Re-decal it. I'm just going with a simple shop for now .

#9 10 years ago

That plaque on yours looks like a repro from pinballfanatic.com

I was thinking of getting a repro plaque mounted to the wood frame that he does just to "have" next to the game,
Its mounted so low I have to point it out to people as nobody ever notices it,

http://pinballfanatic.com/products/addams-family-pinball-gorgeous-collectors-plaque/

#10 10 years ago

Also wish this game was easier to shop, such a shame the playfield isn't on rails you can slide out

#11 10 years ago

Yah the playfield is a rough shop due to the lack of mobility. Yah I picked up the repro plaque. The op that I got it from only had what was physically in the game. And the plaque was not one of the items.

#12 10 years ago

Well at least with the serial number you can verify it all matches up
post pics when you finish your shop job Love looking at TAFG's

#13 10 years ago

Will do!

#14 10 years ago

Hmm, I don't see it in the pictures. Can someone draw an arrow or s'thing to point it out where it is?

#15 10 years ago

The playfield serial number on my TZ lights up like a Christmas tree when you hold a black light to it.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

Hmm, I don't see it in the pictures. Can someone draw an arrow or s'thing to point it out where it is?

In between "The Power" light and the top of the mansion, In the orange section,
Its dotted and very hard to see, TBH I've never noticed it and never known anyone else to notice it or document it lol

This was something new to me, But it is there,

#17 10 years ago

Ok, I've seen it on my own TAFG now. Thanks for the info, was new for me too

#18 10 years ago

It makes you wonder if there's a lot more games that are somehow stamped that way

#19 10 years ago

If it wasn't for your eagle eye I never would have known,
Ive never read about it anywhere either,

#20 10 years ago

For the TAFG, game numbers and serial numbers were completely random selected. There was no order subscribed to them or given to them. Other than the plaque with "0001" on it going to Pat Lawlor's personal TAFG, there is no known significance to what plaque went on what machine.

It's the same kind of numbering system as the regular line's serial numbers: Haphazard.

#21 10 years ago

Yes the game number and serial share no correlation,
But they were built in order,

The first 800 machines were built in order day after day for the European Market with the serial numbers starting 52038 (thats the euro start of all serial numbers)

the USA run was the final 200 (and the first 10) and they have the 53338 serial numbers,
Matching the game number to the serial number there is no significance, My 0964 has the serial number 53338405962 and in no way shape or form are connected,
Its not like 0965 has 53338405963

But they were built in order, (somewhat) if you look at the production dates,
Mine and the OP's were actually made on the same day 05/03/94

#22 10 years ago

There was a similar stamp on a Doctor Who I shopped like 10 years ago. I though it very strnage and other DW owners have also reported the stamp. So, these stamps existed on at least two titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

30,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-weird-tafg-playfield-stamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.