(Topic ID: 176755)

Really weird survey...

By MoSeS_1592

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pew pew (resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

Which fingers do you use to play pinball? I'm right handed and I realized for some reason I always use my right middle finger and left index. I've played pinball this way for as long as I can remember and have no idea why. In fact I can't really play well with my right index, feels as awkward as trying to write with my non-dominant (left) hand. Just wondering how common or rare it is not to use both index fingers. I'm guessing 99.999% of people use both index fingers.

#2 7 years ago

Good question, I use to use index until I got pinballidis (pain in the forearm), now I use both index AND middle finger. I tend to push the buttons to hard and learned to relax a bit but still I'm intense playing the game.

#3 7 years ago

I use index and middle on both sides. I would probably use more fingers if they'd fit...heh.

#4 7 years ago

Never thought about it. Now I need to run downstairs and play a game to see. Kind of like do you breathe in or breathe out while you swing a golf club.

#5 7 years ago

Both index and middle on both hands. When I was younger I would sometimes miss the flipper button because I got too excited. This increased my contact patch with the button

#6 7 years ago

Both middle fingers for me. I'm probably so used to flipping people off when I was younger that now that's the only way it feels natural.

#7 7 years ago

Right hand - Middle and Ring fingers
    Left - Index and Middle fingers

Why are they different? No idea.

#8 7 years ago

Very interesting!

#9 7 years ago

Middle and index on both hands

#10 7 years ago

Middle finger on both.

#11 7 years ago

Index finger for both, breathe in for the right flipper, breathe out for the left flipper. Upper flippers are the opposite. I have no idea why.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Middle and index on both hands

+1 although i never really realized it ha!

#13 7 years ago

Fingers? Funny story - when my buddy and I've had a few too many, we each stand by a flipper button, unzip, and play a couple games "hands free"...
    Pinball REALLY excites us...

#14 7 years ago

This topic is proof that eventually everything will be discussed on this forum if you just wait long enough. The first pinhead to use both pinkie fingers should win some special recognition.

#15 7 years ago

Anyone do one-handed action? Sometimes while brushing my teeth I'll try a one-handed game of AC/DC -- really keeps you on your toes!

#16 7 years ago

Only my Index Fingers....I play so bad, maybe time to change.....

#17 7 years ago

Index fingers to play. Middle fingers to express feelings at ball drains.

#18 7 years ago

Middle fingers only, would use all 10 if the buttons were bigger.

#19 7 years ago

I just noticed myself doing this the other day. I am right handed. Right hand I use my middle finger. Left hand I use my index finger.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone do one-handed action? Sometimes while brushing my teeth I'll try a one-handed game of AC/DC -- really keeps you on your toes!

I play holding my 2 month old...it is actually really entertaining. I have to think way in advance of where the ball is going to give my hand time to switch flippers(which is probably what I should be in the habit of doing anyway).

I definitely recommend to try it out if you haven't, has really helped my game.

#21 7 years ago

Middle finger, right. Index finger, left.
    Just noticed that a few months ago.
    E

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Triplecdad:

This topic is proof that eventually everything will be discussed on this forum if you just wait long enough.

+1 on that....and odd how you don't think about it playing as much as we do. I use my thumb on the right and my ring finger on the left because I'm "different." Actually, middle finger on both sides, unless I'm taking a break to give BSD the finger when I hit the middle standups for a lovely SDTM rocket drain.

#24 7 years ago

Tried to figure that out last night..I realize I switch for some odd reason.. pointer and middle...

#25 7 years ago

I'm both middles

glad someone else wonders about things like this

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Fingers? Funny story - when my buddy and I've had a few too many, we each stand by a flipper button, unzip, and play a couple games "hands free"...
    Pinball REALLY excites us...

There's another thread to post this kind of behavior!!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalkelly:

I play holding my 2 month old...it is actually really entertaining. I have to think way in advance of where the ball is going to give my hand time to switch flippers(which is probably what I should be in the habit of doing anyway).
    I definitely recommend to try it out if you haven't, has really helped my game.

Haha that's awesome! When I play with my wife the person wTching has to hold our 40lb dog up on their lap to watch as well -- she loves to go after the ball and try to eat it --the dog that is, not my wife lol. We played once with the glass off and I let the dog actually get it -- a surprise for her after banging into the glass so many times haha

#29 7 years ago

#30 7 years ago

I use middle and index finger on both hands.

#31 7 years ago

A little of my index, but mostly middle fingers.

#32 7 years ago

Right index and middle finger

pew pew (resized).pngpew pew (resized).png

#33 7 years ago

Never thought about it until this thread....had to go play to see. Turns out that I use my middle finger for both.
    (Left handed girl is someone is keeping stats.)

#34 7 years ago

just the pinky finger, more control

#35 7 years ago

Index and middle fingers on both hands.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I'm guessing 99.999% of people use both index fingers.

99.999% would mean one out a hundred thousand doesn't. That would be you for the one and everyone else on Pinside (and then some!) using just their indexes. Doubtful!

I use middle on both. My middles are longer than my indexes so the tips move just a bit faster when I flip than the indexes would. Not that that was planned; I only just realized it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-weird-survey?hl=theresa1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.