Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Hollywood-Work-22 (resized).jpg
0Hollywood-Work-21 (resized).jpg
0Hollywood-Work-20 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
maybe the score motor switch A4 is faulty - maybe the problem is somewhere else. Ask a friend to help - he is ready to press the Credit Button when You say so. Bring the pin into "faulty state" - hold a screwdriver at its insulated handle, tip the tip of the screwdriver onto both blades of switch A4 (You make an micro-jumpering) --- now the friend shall press the Credit Button.
See the JPG - establishing an permanent jumper-wire "my brown point" to "my blue point" or brown point to grey point, then pressing the Credit Button. All these tests are for "do we look on the right place in the pin ?". Greetings Rolf

0Hollywood-Work-20 (resized).jpg0Hollywood-Work-20 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
does the "Credit Reset Relay" always pull in ? Does the "Coin Relay" always pull in ? Does the "Start Relay" always pulls in AND stays pulling for a Score-Motor turn ? Maybe Score-Motor-Switch A2 is faulty. I am not so good in Chicago Coins pins - right now I am more or less just guessing. Greetings Rolf

0Hollywood-Work-21 (resized).jpg0Hollywood-Work-21 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
back to the JPG in post-2. See the Credit-Reset-Relay pulling in when You have the pin in one of the "good" positions --- see it pulling in. Then set the pin to "no good" position, use a wooden stick and press the armature of the Credit-Reset-Relay (You simulate: Relay is pulling in) - question: Does this makes the pin to start a new game ? Greetings Rolf

#9 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
hmm, please do not get angry - the permanent jumper I suggested in post-2 (brown point to grey point) - did You set the jumper-wire correct ? Credit-Button-Switch side "wire-color-orange-white" jumpering permanent to "COIL on Credit-Reset-Relay - side wire-color-green-red" ?
If the problem does not dissapear: I do have to look all over the schematics in search of "a general switch cutting power to many things". Greetings Rolf

#10 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
hmm - maybe I first should have a good look at the schematics - then writing a post ... see here in the JPG: Score-Motor-Switch-C5 nay be faulty. Greetings Rolf

0Hollywood-Work-22 (resized).jpg0Hollywood-Work-22 (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
I hope for success - Score-Motor-Switch-C5. There is some kind of time gap (Europe - USA) - I go to sleep, till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

#15 5 years ago

Hi crujones4life
glad I could help. Great that ipdb has the schematics. A friend of mine has https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1324 --- Chicaco Coin pins are good pins. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-weird-start-button-issue-?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.