(Topic ID: 18262)

Really want to add an AC/DC is the premium a good substitute for BIBLE ?

By ctozzi

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by detroit_pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have enough room to add 1 more machine and after playing honda350r's BIBLE a few weeks back I really want to add one to my collection. I haven't played the premium and just can't see spending 8500-9K on another Stern right now. Is the Premium a good substitute for an LE ? Seems to be just the speakers, shaker, and some cabinet stuff that sets the 2 models apart right ? I'm not selling the LE short, but rather looking to save some $$ to get a game I'd really like to play.
Thanks
Chris

#2 7 years ago

I have the BIB and have played the Premium. Exactly the same game, I really can't tell that the larger subwoofer makes much of a difference. I love the color scheme of my BIB, but if I didn't buy one early, I would just buy the Premium and save $2k-$2500. Good Luck with your purchase.

#3 7 years ago

The shaker and bling I think are the only differences now. I think that Steve Ritchie convinced Stern to include the upgraded speakers with the premium. So, to answer your question, I think the Premium is a worthy substitute. Still waiting for my BIBLE though...

#4 7 years ago

Same sound system for the premium and LE ..

Jim

#5 7 years ago

ok if it's just the bling & shaker ( which i can simply add ) then I might fore-go my Xmen hold and run with the premium.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

ok if it's just the bling & shaker ( which i can simply add ) then I might fore-go my Xmen hold and run with the premium.

PM sent. I have a NIB premium available.

#7 7 years ago

What about the dancing puppets in the back right?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

What about the dancing puppets in the back right?

I disconnected those. Someone needs to make a mod for that area big time.

#9 7 years ago

If someone makes a lcd screen in the band area ill be all over that.

#10 7 years ago

speaker system is the same.
The one thing I do like about the LE's over the premium that I have not herd anyone comment on, is the see through red plastic apron on the LE's. I actually like it a lot, its a nice touch to the bright playfield. I noticed this right away comparing the LE's to the premium. The premium ships with the standard solid black plastic apron.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside