Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by L8vid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

382506_621453651213264_1358897420_n (resized).jpg
    pax (resized).jpg
    IMG_3388 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170628_133408396(1) (resized).jpg
    stimpy and daffy (resized).jpg
    20180113_141818 (resized).jpg
    12964222365_363fc39a82[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_8228 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moses_1592.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The only reason I ask this is because it has happened to me at least 3 times in the last 8 years... How many times (if any) have you been up late night working on a machine, went to bed very late and very tired, and/or for whatever reason forgot to close the coin door on your pin and somehow accidentally closed your cat inside the cabinet?

This is a bad scenario and I've been lucky (the cat has been luckier) that I've heard a loud howl from my basement or the wife realized the cat was MIA for it's dinner each time before my machines were turned on.

I had one cat that used to lunge onto my Blackout consistently from a high shelf in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and nearly crack the playfield glass, and another cat that was obsessed with jumping into open coin doors.

Thought I'd throw this one out there for some entertainment.

#7 6 years ago

haha! nice to know I'm not alone here.

#30 6 years ago

This is hilarious. I always try to make it a point now to close the coin doors if I leave the room even for a second when I work on my machines - specifically for cat related reasons. My cat is always in the shadows watching and waiting for me to leave a coin door open for another opportunity to occupy a pinball cabinet. I have learned my lesson. Gone are the days of finding tufts of cat fur stuck on solder connections, coils and drop target mounts under the playfield.

1 week later
    #41 6 years ago

On a side note I will say that it is quite impressive how strong playfield glass/crystal is. We used to have a cat (Sophie) who was obese, she weighed around 17 pounds. In our basement we have a faux wall that divides our game room from a storage area. She used to climb up the junk and shelves in the storage area, crawl up above the wall (essentially between the ceiling joists) and jump down onto the glass on my Blackout machine which sat parallel against this wall. The thud could be heard throughout the house when this would happen, typically between midnight and 6am. Somehow the force of a 17 pound cat continuously slamming onto the glass after lunging almost 6 feet down never broke the glass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moses_1592.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-stupid-survey-for-cat-owners?tu=moses_1592 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.