Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by L8vid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

382506_621453651213264_1358897420_n (resized).jpg
    pax (resized).jpg
    IMG_3388 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170628_133408396(1) (resized).jpg
    stimpy and daffy (resized).jpg
    20180113_141818 (resized).jpg
    12964222365_363fc39a82[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_8228 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

The only reason I ask this is because it has happened to me at least 3 times in the last 8 years... How many times (if any) have you been up late night working on a machine, went to bed very late and very tired, and/or for whatever reason forgot to close the coin door on your pin and somehow accidentally closed your cat inside the cabinet?

This is a bad scenario and I've been lucky (the cat has been luckier) that I've heard a loud howl from my basement or the wife realized the cat was MIA for it's dinner each time before my machines were turned on.

I had one cat that used to lunge onto my Blackout consistently from a high shelf in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and nearly crack the playfield glass, and another cat that was obsessed with jumping into open coin doors.

Thought I'd throw this one out there for some entertainment.

#2 5 years ago

Zero times for me, but I try and keep our cat out of our gameroom for the most part.

#3 5 years ago

Hahahaha— awesome! I was working on my brothers machine (ghostbusters) a few weeks ago and his cat jumped into the machine when I wasn’t looking. I shut the door and fired up a game to test and got a couple weird tilt warnings and thought huh...is it set that tight?!? Kept playing thru 3 balls then shut it off for 10 min. Came back to finish working on it and out pops cat when I open the coin door lol. Bet that cat had a trip in there with all the lights and coils firing!! Lucky I went back!! Could have been in there a damn long time!

#4 5 years ago

lol. Never happened to me, but my cat loved to try whenever the coin door was open.
    Anyway, he now focusses on other things:

IMG_8228 (resized).jpgIMG_8228 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

lol. Never happened to me, but my cat loved to try whenever the coin door was open.
    Anyway, he now focusses on other things:

Ha! That looks dangerous!

#6 5 years ago

Coin Doors... Cabinets... basically anything I'm paying more attention to than them.
    I've never locked them in a machine (for long - maybe to be a as$).

As seen on STMU:
    I is magnetic - @vid1900I is magnetic - @vid1900

#7 5 years ago

haha! nice to know I'm not alone here.

#8 5 years ago

We have removed playfield glass cats... Coin door cats.. Even a couple of the Cats will climb into the cabinet by waiting for the backbox to be left open... Thus letting them wiggle their butts down the cable connector hole .... Quite a few times we open the coin door and look into the eyes of scared.. happy.. I am staying inside. I dare you to drag me out by the head cat . LOL. Always fun .. NT

#9 5 years ago

Our cats show less interest in pinball than my wife and son do.

#10 5 years ago

My cat has climbed in through the coin door but I haven't shut him in yet. We used to shut him in closets and even kitchen cabinets when he was a kitten.

#11 5 years ago

I've never shut in any of our cats, but I am always finding wisps of fur on various parts under playfields. Maybe that's why my Bad Cats is one of my favorites.

Meow m'meowmeow!

#12 5 years ago

In our house, opening a coin door is roughly the equivalent to ringing the diner bell. They appear from nowhere. I always have to unplug the machine if I'm doing anything where it involves an open machine (coin door or playfield up) and me having to turn my back for more than a second.

#13 5 years ago

Inside a game? No. On top of a game? Just about every time I turn one on.

20180113_141818 (resized).jpg20180113_141818 (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago

I'm always very careful about opening the coin doors. I have never let any of my 3 cats near the coin door or exposed cabinets. Otherwise, they are all over my machines.

#16 5 years ago

As soon as I open a coin door my cat will come running to jump inside. Never locked one in yet but that’s because I always look to be sure.

#17 5 years ago

Never a machine, but I did lock my cat in my gun safe for about 6 hours. He must’ve crawled in at some point. We heard him meowing after awhile and unlocked him.

#18 5 years ago

This has happened at least 2 or 3 times now. Enough that every time I leave the door open for extended periods I check before closing it. It's pretty ridiculous to close the door and then 10-15 minutes later I hear my cat meowing and I'm wondering where the hell she is.

#19 5 years ago

No pinballs, but a gumball machine.

stimpy and daffy (resized).jpgstimpy and daffy (resized).jpg

#20 5 years ago

Build your cat its own fort.

#21 5 years ago

One of our cats LOVES pinball! If I'm doing anything pinball related- playing, working on, or streaming on tv she's always right there. When I'm streaming on tv she will sit her little butt right in front of the tv on the floor and intensely watch, she will also jump up on the tv stand and start batting the ball on tv and we have to yell at her so she doesn't scratch the screen! When I'm playing she knows not to be on the machine I'm playing, but can sit on the machine next to it. Every once in a while she will try to get on the game I'm playing, I just tell her "you know the rules" and give her a slight push back and she won't get on it again.

IMG_20170628_133408396(1) (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_133408396(1) (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Build your cat its own fort.

#23 5 years ago

i think my girl cat, allison, took it a bit literally when she heard more women are getting into pinball.

IMG_3388 (resized).JPGIMG_3388 (resized).JPG

#24 5 years ago

We’ve got five cats and three pins. Bound to happen at some point!

#25 5 years ago

Pay attention or keep them out of the room. Simple

#26 5 years ago

Yay, I think I got my first downvote

#27 5 years ago

Never

pax (resized).jpgpax (resized).jpg

#28 5 years ago

A cat would be the EASIEST animal to trap. At least mine would be. They are so predictable. The newest box in the room will have one of three cats sitting on it within a minute. Never fails. An open cabinet door is immediately irresistible to them, more so than catnip. Same thing with a coin door. I open something up and they show up out of thin air. One day we could not find one of the cats anywhere. She always tries to sneak out of the house. I had an idea to see if she was still in the house. I went into the game room and opened a coin door and she came running up and jumped inside the machine. "Found her."

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I’d pay a quarter for one of those.....

#30 5 years ago

This is hilarious. I always try to make it a point now to close the coin doors if I leave the room even for a second when I work on my machines - specifically for cat related reasons. My cat is always in the shadows watching and waiting for me to leave a coin door open for another opportunity to occupy a pinball cabinet. I have learned my lesson. Gone are the days of finding tufts of cat fur stuck on solder connections, coils and drop target mounts under the playfield.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’d pay a quarter for one of those.....

Nah couldn't sell them (yes these are the same cats 12 years later)

382506_621453651213264_1358897420_n (resized).jpg382506_621453651213264_1358897420_n (resized).jpg

#32 5 years ago

Not as much though the coin door, but if I slide a playfield up one of my cats loves to try to climb in through the back.

#33 5 years ago

Violet jumped into one once when I walked away to get a screw driver. I'm always very conscience of her when working on a machine. I don't want her to get trapped in there and get hurt.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

The trick is, when you're turning the handle and have it about half way, jiggle it a bit before turning the rest of the way. You might just get two cats instead of one for your nickel.

#35 5 years ago

Every. Damn. Time.

And I usually need to get pictures first before extracting them.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from BenLogan:

We’ve got five cats and three pins. Bound to happen at some point!

Sounds like you need 3 more pinball games! 2 more for the cats and 1 for you!

1 week later
    #37 5 years ago

I have never locked a cat in my pinball, but when we went to the Texas pinball festival we brought a game to display our mods, and someone asked if we had cats. We wondered why, then he said he saw cat hair in our game, and he has the same problem.

#38 5 years ago

Not to be a downer, but there are usually lead solder bits all inside the cabinet. With cats licking all the time I’m worried they will injest lead if allowed in there.

#39 5 years ago

Nice thread an addition to "cats and pinballs" .... I never locked a cat in a pin but our old lady Minka was years ago locked in the warddrobe for a day .... so she sleeped and came out in the evening.

#40 5 years ago

I've never had our cat trapped inside surprisingly. She isn't afraid of them, but doesn't care for the noise. She'll walk across the glass if they're on and not being played but that's it. She apparently isn't very "cat" in the regards for wanting to be in things.

#41 5 years ago

On a side note I will say that it is quite impressive how strong playfield glass/crystal is. We used to have a cat (Sophie) who was obese, she weighed around 17 pounds. In our basement we have a faux wall that divides our game room from a storage area. She used to climb up the junk and shelves in the storage area, crawl up above the wall (essentially between the ceiling joists) and jump down onto the glass on my Blackout machine which sat parallel against this wall. The thud could be heard throughout the house when this would happen, typically between midnight and 6am. Somehow the force of a 17 pound cat continuously slamming onto the glass after lunging almost 6 feet down never broke the glass.

3 weeks later
    #42 5 years ago

It happened twice to me, my cat went into Dodge City while it was "live" when i went for a piss, nothing bad happened but he left alot of fur stuck in the gears (so to say) in there so i always check nowadays before closing up a game.

#43 5 years ago

Our cats are in the barn..... always.

#44 5 years ago

"What happened to Muffy?"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-stupid-survey-for-cat-owners?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.