Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Johnny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01783.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fusion301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 12 years ago

I have a sttng and can help you - switch edges and levels are your best friend
    . Best thing to do is remove all the balls put it in levels see what switches are in then put it in edges and try all the switches one by one including subway switch opts - hit me up I'll get on the phone and walk you thru sone ideas

#59 12 years ago

Great work Johnny, glad I could try and help - basically what we found out thru process of elimination and doing some research is:

the cannon motor basically has two speeds, speed 1 (no ball) and speed 2 (with ball).

Speed 1 (no ball) is created by sending 12v to the motor.
    Speed 2 drops the voltage to 7v to create the slower speed - so you have a better chance of
    hitting the targets.

12v can usually power thru the gunk and grime built up over the years, but cutting
    that power in half is what caused his cannon to hardly move.

I just wanted to explain how it works incase future people have same questions/problems.

My other question or point of interest we were talking about is the EMI board the cannon connects to - anyone know what it actually does, just curious.

My initial thought was something to do with the voltage changes but EMI stands for electromagnetic interference so that theory might be out the window - well always trying to learn something new

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fusion301.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-starting-to-regret-my-decision-maybe-in-over-my-head?tu=fusion301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.