Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Johnny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01783.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anim8ormatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 12 years ago

We had one of these at work and the optos were always mis aligned, causing all kinds of eerie behavior. My batman forever had a similar issue on the batwing cannon. Swipe a q-tip over the opto receiver and transmitter anywhere there is one. I think that is in the balltrough and one in each cannon. Thats a place to start if you have checked connections and fuses.

(opto is an optical switch that is activated by the beam being interrupted by the ball.)

#22 12 years ago

Was my previous post invisible??

the problems you're having sound like the machine doesn't always know where the ball is. Clean and align those optos and I bet you'll see a difference.

you can put the machine in the "clear ball trough" mode in the menu and it will show you how many balls it thinks are there. then move them in and out of position and see if things act as they should.

So hard to diagnose from a distance. Good Luck. It's a great machine!

#43 12 years ago

Check the alignment on that cannon opto. They can be sensitive. If it thinks the ball is there then the beam is interrupted.

Sounds like you are making good progress!

#57 12 years ago

You can carefully unwrap and then re wrap. Before doing that, make sure its not just pulling the boards and warping the optos out of alignment. Make sure there in enough slack for things to move without tension.

All this is why i prefer mechanical switches

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anim8ormatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-starting-to-regret-my-decision-maybe-in-over-my-head?tu=anim8ormatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.