Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Johnny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01783.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 12 years ago

Welcome to the Enterprise.

Don't be discouraged. Opto issues are a rite of passage for all STTNG owners. Fixing our pins is a very rewarding part of being a collector for many of us. And it will be well worth it. Fantastic machine!! Its complexity is much of why it is so darn cool.

If you haven't already, I suggest getting the This Old Pinball videos. Repair guides are available online as well. RGP search feature is also your friend as about every imaginable issue have been previously discussed. (I hope it is ok to mention the "other site" on here)

Good luck,
    Shawn

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Just a question, how much did you pay, because im telling you that this is my number one pin, absolute hands down I want this pin. Im just wondering if I can afford it.

You need this pin if you are a fan. Best bargain in Pinball, I always say. A nice example can readily be found for <$2500, and closer to 2K with a little patience/luck.

Quoted from pinmike:

STTNG is not a good Pin to start out with if your a noob.The best thing to do in my opinion
    is to sell it and start with a machine that is not notorious for having issues and
    you are in the Houston area and finding the right Pin is not hard and selling
    STTNG should'nt be a problem.

I don't know the OP's financial situation, but to me it would be well worth the experience of learning to troubleshoot optos, etc. Worst-case scenario is that he hires a local tech to fix it and pick up some tips along the way. Seems like less trouble than trying to sell it, buy another machine, and eventually finding another STTNG.
    Plus, his avatar is the Enterprise! Come on!

Shawn

#41 12 years ago

All true. I just can't imagine giving mine up, but then again I would have no issues with hiring my friendly local tech if I was stumped. Somebody needs to keep him in business, I tell myself.

#66 12 years ago

Why not the Getaway?

Or No Fear for that matter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-starting-to-regret-my-decision-maybe-in-over-my-head?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.