8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JohnnyPhatsaqs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01783.JPG

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 8 years ago

Do the wires in the wrap HAVE to be wrapped, or can I tear the wrap off to check for damage, then just use electrical tape to wrap it back up?

#53 8 years ago

They are wrapped for a reason. Your problem does sound like the wires are shorting as the cannon is turning, but I can't be sure as I'm not there. But if you ruled out any switch issues, that could be the next thing to check.

If there is a break or tear, or something, I'd buy the new harness and be done with it...

Here's one place that sells it...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=479

Check where it goes through the mounting bracket...

#56 8 years ago

Sold out

#57 8 years ago

You can carefully unwrap and then re wrap. Before doing that, make sure its not just pulling the boards and warping the optos out of alignment. Make sure there in enough slack for things to move without tension.

All this is why i prefer mechanical switches

#58 8 years ago

They are tighter in that cannon. But not to where it tugs on the optos. Hmmm

#59 8 years ago

Great work Johnny, glad I could try and help - basically what we found out thru process of elimination and doing some research is:

the cannon motor basically has two speeds, speed 1 (no ball) and speed 2 (with ball).

Speed 1 (no ball) is created by sending 12v to the motor.
    Speed 2 drops the voltage to 7v to create the slower speed - so you have a better chance of
    hitting the targets.

12v can usually power thru the gunk and grime built up over the years, but cutting
    that power in half is what caused his cannon to hardly move.

I just wanted to explain how it works incase future people have same questions/problems.

My other question or point of interest we were talking about is the EMI board the cannon connects to - anyone know what it actually does, just curious.

My initial thought was something to do with the voltage changes but EMI stands for electromagnetic interference so that theory might be out the window - well always trying to learn something new

#60 8 years ago

Great forum you guys, Johnny - you'll get it!!! Then you'll think your game is the shiznit!

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Great forum you guys, Johnny - you'll get it!!! Then you'll think your game is the shiznit!

That's right!Then something else goes wrong on STTNG,but you will fix it too!STTNG is such a great game to play that you will fix any problem that arises

#62 8 years ago

Yeah, I love this game. Now that I have the harnesses on the way, I can just play it and enjoy it! The problem I'm having now is negligible. It doesn't ruin the game like the messed up cannon motion. Tons of plays coming up this weekend.

Already shopping for another pin. Gonna keep it on the lower end, fast playing side. Would love a T2 or T3. Even a High Speed. Would really love a F-14 Tomcat

#63 8 years ago

Shopping for another pin ?

#64 8 years ago

yeah now he's talkin'
    another game baby!!!

#65 8 years ago

Indeed

#66 8 years ago

Why not the Getaway?

Or No Fear for that matter.

#68 8 years ago

I meant the Getaway High Speed II.

Oh, and now the left cannon can't find home.

Uggggggggggg!

#69 8 years ago

Also a common issue, it's well documented on rgp...

#70 8 years ago

T2 was my first, then BSD, then TOTAN, then STTNG....it will bite you fast!

#71 8 years ago

Now I got the home issue resolved and the cannon will still dry fire!!!

#72 8 years ago

Heh, this thread is totally freaking me out because I'm about to buy my first pin and guess what... it's STTNG. Was my first love and the machine I've wanted forever... but now I'm wondering if I should go with the Monopoly I've been scouting instead.

#73 8 years ago

I looked at a Monopoly as well. After about 15 minutes of playing it, I knew it wasn't the machine for me. Boooooring. I will solve this problem. It's the game I wanted first. It's playable now. Just this one little thing to conquer.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

and the cannon will still dry fire!!!

I hate it when that happens!!!

Man, this has been a 'Whirlwind' of a thread guys! (Wah-wahhhh...)

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

I looked at a Monopoly as well. After about 15 minutes of playing it, I knew it wasn't the machine for me. Boooooring. I will solve this problem. It's the game I wanted first. It's playable now. Just this one little thing to conquer.

I should go for it too. I'll teach myself as problems arise. Maybe we need a STTNG support group.

#76 8 years ago

The good news is, my kids are at my in laws out of town till next Saturday, and my wife works tomorrow. Beginning in the morning, a pot of coffee and I will get this resolved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside