11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by haiderdj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

One of the funniest Craigslist ads I have ever seen. Link provided, but pasted below for when its taken down.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

"Hey there Bay Area Mayans! You guys had an incredible culture! I mean the art, the architecture, the written language, the agricultural practices still used today, amazing stuff. Sure, there was that whole human sacrifice thing but we have McRib sandwiches so no culture is perfect.

But now that you have foreseen the end of the world in 2 short days, why not get rid of that pinball machine just gathering dust in your garage or step pyramid while you still can.

Let's deal! It's not going to do you any good in the Maya underworld and seriously, would you want to lug a pin (and forget about a widebody) along through the cavernous caves and deep tunnels while Kinich Ahau just shakes his divine head in disbelief, if you could?

No, my Mayan pinhead brothers and sisters, let me trade a few coins for your machines, treat yourself a nice dinner or final sunset cruise on the Bay Friday night and laugh your butts off at my so-called "good deal" for as long as you know it will last me.

I'm ready to haul it away from now until the first fireballs start cascading from the heavens. Rain cancels though - bad for the machines.

I await your response. No human offerings, Lethal Weapon III or Shaq Attack. Limited time offer (according to you guys)."

#2 11 years ago

The last line makes it great.

#3 11 years ago

nice.... i guess i will be playing attack from mars tomorrow night

#4 11 years ago

I stand ready to care for your A-list games during the current apocalypse.

#5 11 years ago

nice ad
    also looks like some nice games for sale in SF

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

nice ad
    also looks like some nice games for sale in SF

There was a WCS94 on craigslist 2 days ago for 1167$, I emailed the guy but no call back and ad was down within an hour. bummer.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

There was a WCS94 on craigslist 2 days ago for 1167$, I emailed the guy but no call back and ad was down within an hour. bummer.

Same ad was over here, must be a scam, did he mention wanting to use the money to buy a Jurassic Park?

#8 11 years ago

SF bay area craigslist > south bay > for sale / wanted > collectibles - by owner
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did not see it.

This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.
    terms of use
    privacy
    feedback

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Same ad was over here, must be a scam, did he mention wanting to use the money to buy a Jurassic Park?

He did! grrrrr it was a scam, I fell for it! Oh well, at least I don't feel like I missed it.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I'm ready to haul it away from now until the first fireballs start cascading from the heavens. Rain cancels though - bad for the machines.

Classic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-funny-craigslist-joke-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.