• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

perfect game (resized).jpg
IMG_5249 (resized).PNG
20161018_174955 (resized).jpg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I myself am a huge stern fan and I also think ghostbusters is designed very poorly; way too many air balls and the physics on the game are just off. Just some much better games out there like Metallica and game of thrones

Ever play shadow. Tons of airballs. Even to this day. That's what standups do. Sopranos has airballs as well. TZ as well.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ever play shadow. Tons of airballs. Even to this day. That's what standups do. Sopranos has airballs as well. TZ as well.

I was getting some air balls on my TBL left ramp stand ups. I put a small piece of drop dead foam behind each target and it solved the problem.

IMG_5249 (resized).PNGIMG_5249 (resized).PNG

#153 7 years ago

Played a pro on location. Drain monster. Used ball save on almost every ball. I'm a mediocre player but not terrible. $4 later I wasn't having any fun. That's my take.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Played a pro on location. Drain monster. Used ball save on almost every ball. I'm a mediocre player but not terrible. $4 later I wasn't having any fun. That's my take.

The GBLE at my local arcade has the PBL center post kit installed, it makes the game way more forgiving! (Especially at $1.00 per play)

#155 7 years ago

Honestly..... The game is hard but not that hard. Im not a great player but once its dialed in 300,000,000 plus games are average.

No center post ,3 balls and standard pitch. Play better !!!

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly..... The game is hard but not that hard. Im not a great player but once its dialed in 300,000,000 plus games are average.
No center post ,3 balls and standard pitch. Play better !!!

300 million games? That's chicken feed. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk at all so don't take this out of context. Have you beaten this code or the old one? The game is tough as nails, especially on old code with stock settings.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

300 million games? That's chicken feed. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk at all so don't take this out of context. Have you beaten this code or the old one? The game is tough as nails, especially on old code with stock settings.

Just because you don't beat the code doesn't mean you should have 45 minute games. My point being that I'm not blowing through the whole game in one day. Wtf fun would that be. Average player and my high I'd 1.5 billion.

People who put a center post on just to score higher and see all the modes right away is a cop out.

Take your time and when you do get there you will feel like you accomplished something not have given it

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just because you don't beat the code doesn't mean you should have 45 minute games. My point being that I'm not blowing through the whole game in one day. Wtf fun would that be. Average player and my high I'd 1.5 billion.
People who put a center post on just to score higher and see all the modes right away is a cop out.
Take your time and when you do get there you will feel like you accomplished something not have given it

The whole center post thing is ridiculous. I thought that the moment someone eegor'ed that in their lab and offered it for sale, but some people can't handle the beating this game hands out.

I can say this confidently, in the same way I say it with Metallica- VERY few people would be able to get to the end of this game on the older code, with out of the box settings.
To complete Metallica in current form is insane wood chopping. I did it with a few death saves/bang backs and the only adjustment I made was 3 tilt warnings instead of 2.

#159 7 years ago

Let me restate that. It is a very hard game but I'm just sooooo sick of all the whiners........ oh this shots too tough , the geometry is wrong, can't make the ramp shot.

Christ it's sickening. Yes the shots are tight. Don't like it move on.

Buy a SM or ST where ya sit there and hit the damb ramps all day

And yes I have both and they are great games

If that's what people judge games by GB is not for you. It's a fantastic game even in its present state

#160 7 years ago

To complete Metallica in current form is insane wood chopping.

Getting off topic a bit, but as great as Metallica is on many levels, this is exactly why it wasn't a long term keeper for me.

#161 7 years ago

Sorry guys but Metallica is still king here far superior to the inferior ghostbusters

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sorry guys but Metallica is still king here far superior to the inferior ghostbusters

and Metallica is no Tron.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Correct but remember Met was a flashing box of lights when it was released, it became great later.

and Metallica is no Tron.

Correct it's no Tron... Met is superior to Tron (IMHO)

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What is Derek ....... Its just another fan laylout. As far as originality and toys its GB by a mile. The only thing Metallica is far superior in is that is has 3 years head start in code. And yes I have a Met too ( owned a LE and a Pro ).

#165 7 years ago

Also have a TRON.

#166 7 years ago

On No! A Speed/Flow discussion!
Add in Iron Man....

Every game cant be a fan with speed to be good? Right?

#167 7 years ago

Well I'm my book tron and Metallica stomp on ghost just way too stop and go for me too each their own congrats to all the people that love ghostbusters; I just don't see it very stop and go and very uninspired linear rules with non stop storage facility multiball

#168 7 years ago

Ghostbusters (premium only of course) is weird. I've gone back and forth from hating it to thinking it's my favorite game I've ever played at least 6 times.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well I'm my book tron and Metallica stomp on ghost just way too stop and go for me too each their own congrats to all the people that love ghostbusters; I just don't see it very stop and go and very uninspired linear rules with non stop storage facility multiball

Your books only two pages long ......... thats about how many days you hold on to a game. Love ya Derek , but this coming from a person who owned Met and Tron a minimum of 3 times each but never had a GB.

You told me yourself that everyone you played didnt play right. ( play one thats been dialed in )

Right now GB is just as every other game started out with code, actually better than most. I personaly cant think of a new Stern title in the last 15 years that has a better total package of theme, artwork , originality, and cool toys period.

#170 7 years ago

I got it! The perfect new layout! No Airballs, Switch issues, Nothing!

And the Fastest Flow and Speed to blow any game away!

Here you go! The Perfect Game!

perfect game (resized).jpgperfect game (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago

There is no right or wrong answer just opinions. Not every pin is gonna work for everyone due to layouts, code, toys or whatever it may be . Met is probably sterns overall best pin to date as it has the total package and only thing hurts it in most cases is the theme. But typically fan layouts are some the most popular titles ever made which is y mb, afm and mm are so sought after plus they got awesome themes. Gb is a cool pin with great theme and neat toys with unconventional layout like most jt pins. If the past says anything i think gb will be similar in popularity to cftbl with great theme , toys and decent rules but odd layout with lots stop and go. While cftbl isnt as popular as mb, afm and mm its a great title and is usually a love hate type game . In the end bye whst u like and dont worry about what others like.... i perfer the fan layout pins but keep a few stop and go pins here to change things up.....

#172 7 years ago

I personally keep the titles I choose for a very long time. I like a variety of different types of layouts to keep it interesting as you can see by my collection. Had all BW titles at one time but have slowly went to all Sterns.

#173 7 years ago

Gb for me is far superior as a home use game. 10 crap games and then that 1 adrenaline rush. Kinda reminds me of IM in this regard. Always makes you wanna press start and attack it again. Metallica, well I would never have that in my home collection again unless I had 10plus pins in my line up. It gets so tedious, woodchopping at its finest and a real yawn fest after a while.

For those who think it's too hard.... exactly play it more and play better!

#174 7 years ago

I have played an LE and premium and don't like it at all. I am glad so I do not get tempted to buy it. I need another pin like I need a hole in the head.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was getting some air balls on my TBL left ramp stand ups. I put a small piece of drop dead foam behind each target and it solved the problem.

I don't believe you. I think I need to come over and play it to see for sure.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I got it! The perfect new layout! No Airballs, Switch issues, Nothing!
And the Fastest Flow and Speed to blow any game away!
Here you go! The Perfect Game!

it's probably more fun that the actual Fire is.

#177 7 years ago

well, so much things already said about GB
and so much opinions, just because gameplay depends a lot of the way you've set the game

from factory, no doubt, this game is already brutal & frustrating (even more if you're not a good player)
btw, even dont talk about airballs at outlanes & slimer switch (if you're unlucky)
now, set up back feets to the max for a big slope, and remove the (new) time mode & continue, and you have something quite unplayable for 98% of this forum

on the other way, if you'll get some/all mods available, and keep the time mode & continue, its just too... easy (really)

between these 2 opposite, just found YOUR way, and than enjoy playing GB

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's probably more fun that the actual Fire is.

Ouch.....i just picked up a champagne

#179 7 years ago

The whole center post thing is ridiculous. I thought that the moment someone eegor'ed that in their lab and offered it for sale, but some people can't handle the beating this game hands out.
I can say this confidently, in the same way I say it with Metallica- VERY few people would be able to get to the end of this game on the older code, with out of the box settings.
To complete Metallica in current form is insane wood chopping. I did it with a few death saves/bang backs and the only adjustment I made was 3 tilt warnings instead of 2.

On Metallica you advance by having the inserts lit... not by hitting the snake/drops/etc that many times. On the original gb code getting through all the ladders would have been tough... but not insane. Getting through one was pretty achievable with just a solid game.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ouch.....i just picked up a champagne

hey, at least it looks good . I think the fatal flaw in the design of that game is the fact that the ball only bounces off the building on the side ramps. If it would go in the building and come back out a different window. That would have been much better for the flow of the game. And to fix the code so that if a person locks 2 balls. all the next person has to do is launch it up the center and steal everything without even having to light a lock.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Markmon
What say you?
Is investingdad out of his mind or is the dude relaying legit info?

I think legit info but his wording and broken English made it sound worse than it is. This bug is only something you see if you do certain things and is not something that just happens to everyone.

#182 7 years ago

Really love the game, but initial firmware was kinda annoying, don't finish the mode in time, again you have to take down slimer to be able to restart the same mode, loose your ball, same thing and so on, I think that improved in the latest release firmware. Once started you can restart it if you don't make it or loose your ball.
What I really don't like is that things mix up too much, eg start loopin supers when SFMB is running, or just the opposite....loopin supers starts but the SFMB light is lit, so first shot directly starts SFMB and makes loopin supers totally useless because the droptargets come up, would be nice if they would not combine. Same with Madness multiball, it just starts even if you're in SFMB, they could make both only start when you have enough ghosts and then shoot the scoop or something, and only when SFMB or scoleri brothers are not running.
To me firmware could be tweaked here and there, overall it's pretty good.
Of course airballs suck and some shots are difficult but if it was too easy it wouldn't be that much fun either. The right ramp 7 out of 10 shots just come rollin back because of the rivets I think, so maybe a bit of a design error.
Inlane/outlane dividers could have been designed better also, lot of balls just jump over. After market middle post is just ridiculous, what's the fun in that?

All in all I'm happy with it....

#183 7 years ago

hopefully, the new mode set up can be choosen in the menu...
as again, its too easy now from factory, i did reach the WARTBY one more time yesterday (and surelly i will 99.9% never reach it if mode time/continue are set to OFF)

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I still love the game, partly because it is so hard. Waiting for someone that wants to unload for maybe a Tommy plus cash.

hard is good! hard makes you better!

1 week later
#185 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think legit info but his wording and broken English made it sound worse than it is. This bug is only something you see if you do certain things and is not something that just happens to everyone.

Ok, I got a kick out of the broken English comment. That's a function of typing on my phone. I eventually run out of patience when typing longer posts and get sloppy.

But the bug in question is real enough to crash the game.

I haven't done it in awhile, but if I recall, this is how it goes...

- choose one mission tree to leave completely unstarted, say Klingon Battle
- complete the other mission trees to level 2
- now do KB1

At this point you'd expect Kobiyashi Maru to start. But it doesn't. Instead, play continues.

In my case, I then started and competed a Level 3 mission.

After THAT, kobiyashi was available.

That was as far as I got.

But another poster on here shared what happens if you continue.

Instead of Enterprise Amok starting when the last Level 2 is compete, you continue play and have to start a Level 3. Once a Level 3 is done, it will let you start Amok.

If you follow the logic, which the poster in question did...what happens when you complete all the Level 3 missions?

Instead of Five Year MIssion starting, the game wants you to keep going to the next mission. But at that point there are NO more missions...and so the game crashes with an error message.

To prevent this, you cannot leave one mission tree unstarted as you move into the Level 2s.

To me, that's a fairly big issue.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Ok, I got a kick out of the broken English comment. That's a function of typing on my phone. I eventually run out of patience when typing longer posts and get sloppy.
But the bug in question is real enough to crash the game.
I haven't done it in awhile, but if I recall, this is how it goes...
- choose one mission tree to leave completely unstarted, say Klingon Battle
- complete the other mission trees to level 2
- now do KB1
At this point you'd expect Kobiyashi Maru to start. But it doesn't. Instead, play continues.
In my case, I then started and competed a Level 3 mission.
After THAT, kobiyashi was available.
That was as far as I got.
But another poster on here shared what happens if you continue.
Instead of Enterprise Amok starting when the last Level 2 is compete, you continue play and have to start a Level 3. Once a Level 3 is done, it will let you start Amok.
If you follow the logic, which the poster in question did...what happens when you complete all the Level 3 missions?
Instead of Five Year MIssion starting, the game wants you to keep going to the next mission. But at that point there are NO more missions...and so the game crashes with an error message.
To prevent this, you cannot leave one mission tree unstarted as you move into the Level 2s.
To me, that a fairly big issue.

Hopefully there will be a code update to address this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-disappointed-with-gb/page/4?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.