• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

perfect game (resized).jpg
IMG_5249 (resized).PNG
20161018_174955 (resized).jpg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Can you please link to this fix? I looked around for it to no avail. I find the right ramp shot pretty frustrating.
Thanks in advance.

Someone here can better answer that than I can. I have a pro...

Rob

#102 7 years ago

Theme killed it for me on this one. The gameplay sealed the deal.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yes....Seriously. Is it just the air ball guard and lane guards the only tweeks or are there other ones too? I don't have my GB yet.

Youll need to get your game and see whats going on....no sense in worrying.

Say you have a pro with a Saucer kickout SDTM, theres a few posts on adjusting that.
or the Left Flasher, really hits your eye bad, your drop targets need height or spring adjusting, you wish to add a mini post
ring to your outlane. Ball hanging up in subway....

See how yours goes, and search or post for answers.

Mostly its air balls, outlanes, and any desired changes in flipper gap by longer bats, or suspended center post.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Can you please link to this fix? I looked around for it to no avail. I find the right ramp shot pretty frustrating.
Thanks in advance.

Read the page in 1.10 code thread around here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/6#post-3423177

I have avoided trying this because I am concerned it will unbalance the scoring, but it sounds like it will make things more fun if you are currently (understandably) frustrated.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

any desired changes in flipper gap by longer bats, or suspended center post.

Lightning flippers might do the trick.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I have avoided trying this because I am concerned it will unbalance the scoring

I've done this fix and it has made a huge difference. But it doesn't make it so easy as to unbalance the game. You still need to make a really accurate shot to make the ramp. It just fixes those shots that get 90% up then roll back down.

In any case it's easily reversible so worth a try.

#107 7 years ago

For below average players I get why they might not like it. However for those better players looking to put the time it, it's a gem. Great theme, art and sound.

It has to be set up well, but when it is it really plays well.

Y'all guys who don't like it, I'll be looking for one to buy at a good price Q2 next year

#108 7 years ago

I hate it when " we got one " starts with boogie woogie piano and all...and then it starts locking a fuckin ball that takes forever..
That is absolutely the worst next to getting an extra ball,which will stop your game for 3 minutes..
On the dmd slimer flies through an entire friggin street until he finally gets hit by the Ecto 1.
I always go for a beer when i get an extra ball..

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I hate it when " we got one " starts with boogie woogie piano and all...and then it starts locking a fuckin ball that takes forever..
That is absolutely the worst next to getting an extra ball,which will stop your game for 3 minutes..
On the dmd slimer flies through an entire friggin street until he finally gets hit by the Ecto 1.
I always go for a beer when i get an extra ball..

Lol. Hate that. If you've got "we got one" mode start lit, extra ball lit, super jackpot lit, and storage lit all at the same time .....omfg, it goes in forever. I literally have time to walk away and turn on and start a game of AC/DC.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As a fan of Star Trek, ill try to be as constructive and critique as possible.

SKB, you are the whole reason I like that game! I really didn't think much of it at the beginning, but you said some things in the forum a while back where you really explained parts of the game. It intrigued me enough to give it another shot. Now I really like the game. Granted, the code updates had a bunch to do with that, but I wasn't planning on giving it another shot until you really dug into an explanation of it. Good stuff.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Youll need to get your game and see whats going on....no sense in worrying.
Say you have a pro with a Saucer kickout SDTM, theres a few posts on adjusting that.
or the Left Flasher, really hits your eye bad, your drop targets need height or spring adjusting, you wish to add a mini post
ring to your outlane. Ball hanging up in subway....
See how yours goes, and search or post for answers.
Mostly its air balls, outlanes, and any desired changes in flipper gap by longer bats, or suspended center post.

Thanks for the kind response....and I'm not being sarcastic.

Bright lights do bother my eyes as in Nascar those flashers shouldn't be so close the slingshots. When I drive at night I have to lower my mirrors so the lights from the cars behind don't bother me.

Did you put a different bulb in the flasher?

Also, the lightning bolt near the left ramp is blinding, so I imagine I could put a piece of green cellophane underneath to lighten the brightness.

I just wish they would have done RGB's all underneath like in WOZ or HB, but guess it's just another cost cutting maneuver.

I have the Premium on order.

Thanks Old Pin Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#112 7 years ago

You can change the bulbs in some cases....some are board mounted,

The Flasher on the left has received a Ghost Cover, I placed a Floating Tobins Book, of course, you can put a diffuser in the form of plastic, a cotton ball, etc.

Sorry for the hard time...theres been a bit of tension out there this week.....

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

SKB, you are the whole reason I like that game! I really didn't think much of it at the beginning, but you said some things in the forum a while back where you really explained parts of the game. It intrigued me enough to give it another shot. Now I really like the game. Granted, the code updates had a bunch to do with that, but I wasn't planning on giving it another shot until you really dug into an explanation of it. Good stuff.

Right on man! Yea, i really miss my STLE. Would love to get one again down the road or maybe try a pro out; just don't know if I could hang without the lasers, warp chase lights, and slinger VUK

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can change the bulbs in some cases....some are board mounted,
The Flasher on the left has received a Ghost Cover, I placed a Floating Tobins Book, of course, you can put a diffuser in the form of plastic, a cotton ball, etc.
Sorry for the hard time...theres been a bit of tension out there this week.....

No Worries.....Thanks for responding

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lightning flippers might do the trick.

I may do this for my upcoming GB premium tournament this month. I'll keep a swear jar close by too. See how full it gets.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I may do this for my upcoming GB premium tournament this month. I'll keep a swear jar close by too. See how full it gets.

You do that! I still can't believe people complain about the flipper placement on this machine. Bunch of rookies if you ask me.

#118 7 years ago

Same people that remove tilt bobs from their machines, but still don't know how to nudge.

#120 7 years ago

What's a nudge?

#122 7 years ago

SLAM TILT ! game over...

1 week later
#123 7 years ago

Got some more time on a premium and I am coming around. Might buy a premium. Pro I'm still not impressed.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want a ST but the bug thread on that game is a total train wreck. Not to be a dick but how can that be a game saved by code?

What bugs? ST is a blast and is always a favorite when people come to play.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want a ST but the bug thread on that game is a total train wreck. Not to be a dick but how can that be a game saved by code?

This is the problem with reading the ridiculous pinside complaint train rather than actually forming your own opinion. The game code is actually in great shape. There are a couple bugs that are honestly no big deal and many people may never ever encounter them. Likely they get fixed one day. If not, the game is all complete and everything's there. The fact that pinside can make a decently coded game seem like a train wreck is probably why stern doesn't pay attention to what people on pinside say.

#126 7 years ago

Thats why i am so glad their are pinball companies making all these different pins.. I like my hobbit. Some people i know don't.. I don't like GB, some people i know do. Same w/ TBL, DI, etc.. The list goes on and on. I always tell people, don't get caught up in the hype... Play the game first (alot), it you like it, buy it. Nothing worse than getting a game you have never played, hating it and 1 week later, selling it.

1 week later
#127 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What bugs? ST is a blast and is always a favorite when people come to play.

Agreed, Star Trek is fine....Code seems finished. There are no bugs

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Same w/ TBL, DI, etc.. The list goes on and on.

If someone doesn't like Dialed In then they are either brain dead, upset they can't afford it, or haven't played it.

I know one thing, when it gets to my house that will be the only game I'll be playing for quite some time.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Agreed, Star Trek is fine....Code seems finished. There are no bugs

That's actually not true.

There are some minor bugs including one that shows up as you get to the mini wizard modes. There is hysteresis in play and it does depend on how you got there.

I know because I did it...and then replicated it. I reported it to Stern and they know.

It can and will crash the game if you reach Five Year MIssion following the path creates the bug. That's a fact.

Having owned a Pro for a year and a half...I love it and it's awesome.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If someone doesn't like Dialed In then they are either brain dead, upset they can't afford it, or haven't played it.
I know one thing, when it gets to my house that will be the only game I'll be playing for quite some time.

a lot of people don't like roadshow (hovered around $1400 for a looooong time). Dialed in feels a lot like roadshow. I can see people not caring for the shot patterns and feel. Or the theme.

Me personally. It's actually a JJP game I actually like. Do I like it enough to justify it's cost? not even close, but least it's a JJP game that won't make me cringe to have to play in tournaments and league.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry, I played in a bunch at IAAPA, didn't like it all. Good luck to those who do like it!

#132 7 years ago

GB worst game Stern has put out design wise. The skimping on parts material is absurd. Game makes the owner buy aftermarket mods to make the game playable should tell you enough.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

GB worst game Stern has put out design wise. The skimping on parts material is absurd. Game makes the owner buy aftermarket mods to make the game playable should tell you enough.

I disagree, just to name one TWD has more design flaw issues than GB. Left ramp digging into playfield and just poorly designed, tunnel shot geometry, magnets that throw balls SDTM, balls coming from the pops going SDTM.. all that said it and GB & TWD are fun as heck to play IMHO

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think TWD has more design flaw issues..
Left ramp digging into playfield and just poorly designed, tunnel shot geometry, magnets that throw balls SDTM, balls coming from the pops going SDTM.. all that said it and GB & TWD are fun as heck to play IMHO

I own both in the premium version and they are side by side.... Some of Sterns best !!!

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I was excited to play dialed in for the first time. It was pretty good, but not a must buy for me at the asking price. Need more time on it for sure.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

what exactly do you HAVE to buy to make it playable? I've fine tuned mine with every aspect that was an issue, and it plays perfectly fine. Didn't cost me a dime.

#137 7 years ago

I myself am a huge stern fan and I also think ghostbusters is designed very poorly; way too many air balls and the physics on the game are just off. Just some much better games out there like Metallica and game of thrones

#138 7 years ago

Markmon

What say you?

Is investingdad out of his mind or is the dude relaying legit info?

#139 7 years ago

I love the layout of this pin a lot better than recent Sterns (2014-2016). I dig the artwork because it's elaborate. Not too big on WD or GOT art because it's just a picture of actors. Maybe it'll be cool twenty years from now just like when Gottlieb did real actors on System 80 B games (looks so 80's and awesome haha) but the art on the newer Sterns with actors just isn't my style

#140 7 years ago

I enjoyed listening to Buffalo Pinballs honest opinion's on GB Pro vs GB Premium.

Starts at 43:40

#141 7 years ago

It's the only game I've bought two of, new in the box. Something about it, so let me explain.

First, i'm not some mega huge Ghostbusters fan. I like the movie...I'm not OMFG this is amazing! My kids love it, they demanded I buy the Ghostbusters cartoon set from the 80's we all grew up watching when I ventured into Best Buy one random night.

So the first GB pro I had, had no playfield issues. It really played wonderfully, and brutal as hell. The old code was ridiculously hard, and I had completed/beat the game twice- it was freakin HARD!
I sold it to a pinsider that wanted one for close to what I paid, so I figured eh, I can get one down the road soon if I need another.

Recently, decided I needed another. It's a later run with the updated slimer mech. I pulled the inlane rails up, like I did my first one, otherwise it's stock. I put the new code in and it's still hard as hell...can't believe I beat the old one twice.

SO what is the ''something'' about it?
I think it's a sweet looking game. As far as the gameplay goes, I don't know how noobs or medium level players fare on this, they must be pulling their hair out. It's not friendly, it is mean, it does have me coming back to be abused over and over again looking for that ONE game where everything just clicks. It flows fast, it has easy shots and the tough ones. As much as the right ramp will drive you nuts, finding its sweet spot when you need it is a better payoff in my opinion. The one thing I could do without is those scoleri brothers. They offer nothing but annoyance and really cock block your multiballs or modes for that matter. Many times you end up hitting them by accident, and then need to risk your shots to make them go away- bottom line, they suck. Too bad too, because captive ball shots are fun, but not that one.

Ghostbusters. Very fun game, very nice looking, great dmd animations (love the Gozer round) not a perfect machine and not a game for everyone and very understandably so, it's serious business in this game to do anything significant.

(Shoot for the terror dog target at random? are you serious..lol, hell no)

#142 7 years ago

Played gb didn't do much for me. When they clean up the code maybe I'll give it a second shot. IMHO there's a lot of better games to bought for cheaper or the same price. That being said playfield is one of the best I've seen.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I myself am a huge stern fan and I also think ghostbusters is designed very poorly; way too many air balls and the physics on the game are just off. Just some much better games out there like Metallica and game of thrones

Then you need to play one that has been tweaked in by me Derek..... You told me that about TWD Prem. too, and mine now plays butter smooooooth. Be the pinball gurus we think we all are and make it work ..........I did. JoAnn and I both agree this is one of our favorite, feature packed pins " ever ". Its definately NOT a game you buy, start playing ,and expect to be like that. Either were a lot of great BW titles.

Grab the wifey and get up to Allentown , you may change your mind.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I enjoyed listening to Buffalo Pinballs honest opinion's on GB Pro vs GB Premium.

Sounds like the one they are playing on location is a bit of a beast, and are comparing it to Kevin's tweaked home machine, which isn't exactly apples to apples imo. I have never (not once in hundreds of games) have had a ball fly off the left ramp. I've gotten air balls off the drop targets (but have a protector there), but flying off the ramp? Nope.

And as far as magna slings dropping the ball down the middle, I have had it happen. Maybe four or five times in hundreds of games. I've also had traditional slings on my other pins throw the ball right into one of the outlanes. Slings are random, and bad stuff can happen. They aren't supposed to be always instant death, but it can happen, on any pin. If the magna slings on the pin they were playing are dropping the ball down the middle a lot, I would say something is off with that machine, or I am just lucky with mine.

The one point I did agree with is the physical ball lock and having to have the ball plunge again vs a saucer kickout does make ball control a bit more difficult than the Pro would be. And GB is a game where getting initial ball control is a lot more difficult than other machines I have played.

GB is a pretty difficult game, and a poorly setup one would just be an exercise in frustration, especially on location when plugging in coins.

#145 7 years ago

That's one point I haven't heard before but is correct. Getttng ball control is much more difficult than on other games

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The one thing I could do without is those scoleri brothers. They offer nothing but annoyance and really cock block your multiballs or modes for that matter. Many times you end up hitting them by accident, and then need to risk your shots to make them go away- bottom line, they suck. Too bad too, because captive ball shots are fun, but not that one.

I agree with this 100%. They are currently just not fun. They feel like a punishment. I try to treat them like that and just avoid the right captive ball so I don't start them, but then they get "awarded" from Tobins, or start popping up during SFMB and just kills it.

The worst thing is, they are the easiest "mode" to start in the game, especially for new people stepping up to the machine, and they are so dangerous that it can cause insta-drains. Not good for initial experience.

I'd really like to see their usage toned down in future updates. Maybe a timed mode where you have to complete them in 30 seconds and you get a nice award, like lighting extra ball, or 5x bonus or something, and make that mode start after completing some other objectives than hitting that captive ball twice. That way if you don't want to risk it, you can time the annoying bastards out, but if you do risk it the reward is worth it.

#147 7 years ago

Another big problem with the premium is that there isn't any unique rules for most of the extra toys. The extra movment of the premium Slimer mech is pointless unless there is code that requires you to hit him in certain areas (like the crane toy in Batman).

The magna slings seem to be coded well, but it would be neat to see them behave differently depending on the mode you are in or have its own dedicated mode all together.

The Ecto Goggles are a cool toy but its disappointing to see only a few animations used for them.

Overall Ghostbuster's premium looks awesome and has a lot of toys but if the code support isn't there to fully take advantage of them the extra cost versus the pro isn't worth it.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sounds like the one they are playing on location is a bit of a beast, and are comparing it to Kevin's tweaked home machine, which isn't exactly apples to apples imo. I have never (not once in hundreds of games) have had a ball fly off the left ramp. I've gotten air balls off the drop targets (but have a protector there), but flying off the ramp? Nope.
And as far as magna slings dropping the ball down the middle, I have had it happen. Maybe four or five times in hundreds of games. I've also had traditional slings on my other pins throw the ball right into one of the outlanes. Slings are random, and bad stuff can happen. They aren't supposed to be always instant death, but it can happen, on any pin. If the magna slings on the pin they were playing are dropping the ball down the middle a lot, I would say something is off with that machine, or I am just lucky with mine.
The one point I did agree with is the physical ball lock and having to have the ball plunge again vs a saucer kickout does make ball control a bit more difficult than the Pro would be. And GB is a game where getting initial ball control is a lot more difficult than other machines I have played.
GB is a pretty difficult game, and a poorly setup one would just be an exercise in frustration, especially on location when plugging in coins.

Agree with all of this. I listened to part of the podcast and while everyone is entitled to their opinions, the analysis felt a bit off to me -- perhaps because I have not seen those issues? I don't know -- but I do know I spent a lot of time trying all of the games before I bought -- a process that took me 6+ months. I own a premium and as such, I realize I'm going to be biased towards making comments that support my decision to buy a premium; but I try to be aware of that and the comments here seem overly critical (IMHO) of premium/LE.

People just have to play games for themselves to make a call. If I followed the advice of the podcast, they'd say TH > GB Pro > GB Premium. That may be true for many (and they are all good games), but I'd reverse that order, personally. I might change my mind in 6 months -- never thought I'd sell my TZ but just realized I was bored with it, so out it went.

Really hoping Stern's Pinball Arcade takes off and they add tables -- while I don't really like playing virtual pinball much, it's a great way to evaluate the tables when you can't play them in person.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. Hate that. If you've got "we got one" mode start lit, extra ball lit, super jackpot lit, and storage lit all at the same time .....omfg, it goes in forever. I literally have time to walk away and turn on and start a game of AC/DC.

Yes!? Me too man? I have my luci right next to it!

#150 7 years ago

I still love the game, partly because it is so hard. Waiting for someone that wants to unload for maybe a Tommy plus cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-disappointed-with-gb/page/3?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.