• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

perfect game (resized).jpg
IMG_5249 (resized).PNG
20161018_174955 (resized).jpg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

I know I'm in the minority but does anyone else find gb not that great? The premium is OK but the pro is horrible IMHO.

#2 7 years ago

Something tells me you're not really in the minority with this one. Personally, I like it. I don't like to play it in competitions because everyone always seems to do better and know more about the thing than I do, but it's fun.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

I know I'm in the minority but does anyone else find gb not that great? The premium is OK but the pro is horrible IMHO.

Just sold my premium after about 30 plays. Some people love it, some people hate it, some people think it's just OK just like every new game released. I think it had a lot of cool things like the 4 ball captive ball, magna slings, slimmer, etc, I just hated the layout and all of the air balls.

#4 7 years ago

One of my favs.. Its hard but once you get the feeling for it I don't find it un manageable.

Comelium.. I feel like thats every game I play in League =(

#5 7 years ago

I really enjoyed playing GB Pro on location. What parts didn't you like?

#6 7 years ago

Yea its not that good imo eaither which is y i cancelled my order....i think with better code and alot of adjustments it cld be ok tho.

#7 7 years ago

I've played GB Pro quite a bit on location and really like it. Games are quick and brutal no doubt, but lots of fun, as contradictory as that may sound.

#8 7 years ago

On the pro I didn't like the layout. It seemed to lack flow and I had a lot of stdm returns.

#9 7 years ago

I think it's horrible mechanically, nailed the art/sound/dialog, rule set is weak as of now.

Gameplay is something that keeps me coming back, but overall the draw is the theme I think, cause the game to me is not a winner

#10 7 years ago

I will save you the trouble and buy that piece of shit off you for 3k.

#11 7 years ago

Que someone from NY

#12 7 years ago

Sorry you don't like it, but not every game is for everybody. I haven't been as addicted to a pinball machine as I have been to Ghostbusters...probably ever. I think it's easily the best game released since AC/DC, and time will tell whether or not it will rise above that or not.

That said, I could totally see how this game could be frustrating for some people. Unless you can really hit those shots, it's punishing. If you're good at the left ramp, the orbits, and the scoops, however, the game flows like a dream and the modes are a lot of fun.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

I think it's horrible mechanically, nailed the art/sound/dialog, rule set is weak as of now.
Gameplay is something that keeps me coming back, but overall the draw is the theme I think, cause the game to me is not a winner

Agree with this assessment

#14 7 years ago

The right ramp makes me cringe everytime I shoot it. It feels like I just won a jackpot when it is a successful shot. All the other shots are fairly easy.

I mean, the game is a real piece of shit and my 3k offer is still valid. I'll even drive and pick it up.

#15 7 years ago

For me it's neither horrible nor amazing. It's a decent pin that I'm happy to play on location but wouldn't ever own one.

Would have like to see it with ColorDMD. I hate the blood red stern displays.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The right ramp makes me cringe everytime I shoot it. It feels like I just won a jackpot when it is a successful shot.

It has to be the smallest entrance for a ramp in the history of pinball.

#17 7 years ago

I'm right there with ya, OP - I can't stand the game!

#18 7 years ago

I like it ... Enjoy the shots ... It doesn't feel derivative of other games as sometimes they do

#19 7 years ago

The right ramp is awesome. One of my favorite shots right now. Feels so satisfying when you loop it 3-4 times in a row.

#20 7 years ago

GB pro is a fantastic game. Really, what are your complaints? I even like that narrow right ramp, it's a bitch but feels great when you find it.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I will save you the trouble and buy that piece of shit off you for 3k.

Ha, l just sold mine for 4,400.00.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The right ramp makes me cringe everytime I shoot it. It feels like I just won a jackpot when it is a successful shot. All the other shots are fairly easy.
I mean, the game is a real piece of shit and my 3k offer is still valid. I'll even drive and pick it up.

That right ramp shot really does suck. Has to be one of the worst designed shots ever. Even seemingly dead on shots result in the ball not making it all the way around, and it trickles back out.

#23 7 years ago

I think it's very playable when it's dialed in, but the code leaves a lot to be desired. We'll see how it fills out with updates, though. It's an extremely finicky game, it seems. I've played probably fifteen different machines and some were bang on the money while others had small misalignments, but those misalignments made the game virtually unplayable, or at least extremely limited. The Scoleri Brother drop targets are a joke and probably the worst part of the game right now, because they literally do nothing, but maybe some callouts and animations are on their way.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The right ramp is awesome. One of my favorite shots right now. Feels so satisfying when you loop it 3-4 times in a row.

Only on a prem/LE. Can't loop on a Pro which takes away from the thrill

It's like nailing the Black Widow ramp on AV back to back. So satisfying.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just sold my premium after about 30 plays. Some people love it, some people hate it, some people think it's just OK just like every new game released.

30 games, lol.

#26 7 years ago

I love the Pro and think it's a fantastic game! I think it's a top 8 Stern game as it sits and has potential to move higher once code is polished up more. I really like the layout and appreciate that it is unique and has some tight shots.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

30 games, lol.

That was plenty, life's to short for bad Pinball. I'd rather it be in someone's house that will like it. GB was by far the shortest stay of any game I have purchased.

#28 7 years ago

What we've learned so far:

- some people love it
- some people think it's okay
- some people hate it
- some people like it when it's 'dialed in' correctly

Hahahahahahahaha!

#29 7 years ago

Not everyone likes every game, and GBs geometry is definitely different enough that it takes a bit to get into it.

My first 30 or so games on my Premium went like this: Flip, drain. Flip drain, flip drain, game over. Resist urge to tip game over. Push start, try again. Once you get a feel for the shots and the bounces/nudges though the game opens up a lot imo.

#30 7 years ago

Yup wasn't for me and didn't last long, but tons of people love it...which explains a ton of games both ways.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not everyone likes every game, and GBs geometry is definitely different enough that it takes a bit to get into it.
My first 30 or so games on my Premium went like this: Flip, drain. Flip drain, flip drain, game over. Resist urge to tip game over. Push start, try again. Once you get a feel for the shots and the bounces/nudges though the game opens up a lot imo.

Played for the first time, a GB Pro on location. Not quite flip drain, flip drain, but the ball serve drain was a little ridiculus I have to admit. The game called it a ball save and gave it back though. Played 10 or 11 games and definitely want to play it again. The game has very large arrows directing you what to shoot. Was not sure how to directly shoot the library standups on the left lower PF, does not seem to be a direct shot off the right flipper. Need to spend more time with it but looks promising..

#32 7 years ago

I'm in the "didn't like it" boat.

Tons of shots but really felt like 3: Left main ramp, left loop, right loop. (Yes I know there's more, but you're playing defense a lot, so that's what you hit.)

It plays too difficult for it's code depth.

Video mode (now modes) are beyond awful. Right ramp is too difficult. Left captive balls are not worth shooting for. Slimer is a technical problem.

There a lots of fun difficult games other there, but GB is just missing that "fun factor" despite the theme.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Ha, l just sold mine for 4,400.00.

Anyone else in the Midwest wanna sell at this price? I'm your buyer--or trader, possibly.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Left captive balls are not worth shooting for.

Those light Storage Facility MB, very important and worth shooting for

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Video mode (now modes) are beyond awful.

I just saw the new video mode last week for the first time, uff.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Those light Storage Facility MB, very important and worth shooting for

Should have clarified. They just wind up getting hit during play. SF MB is easily attainable.

I felt all multi balls are just chaotic messes, though. Shoot everything everywhere and just spend 30 seconds or so trying to keep the ball from draining.

If someone likes GB though, that's fine. I have no problem with it. Everyone feels differently.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just saw the new video mode last week for the first time, uff.

I think stern just needs to stop making video modes if they are not going to put some more effort into them. The GOT one and GB ones are both terrible and pretty much broken. Seeing those compared to FT, Baywatch, IJ, TS, Congo, etc is just laughable. Both games have pretty darn good code otherwise though.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup wasn't for me and didn't last long, but tons of people love it...which explains a ton of games both ways.

Wow, you sold your GB pro already?

Have you played a premium/LE? If so, how did it compare to the pro?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It has to be the smallest entrance for a ramp in the history of pinball.

It can't possibly be any smaller than the right ramp on TFTC...

#40 7 years ago

I played the pro and nearly cancelled my LE based on that experience, I found an LE on location near me and loved it!
Just my .02 cents

#41 7 years ago

wasn't for me either, different games for different folks i guess.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It can't possibly be any smaller than the right ramp on TFTC...

Never played it! But looking at IPDB, it does look pretty damn tight!

#43 7 years ago

I played the pro today, really like the difficulty level and the shots but to each his own, same thing happened to me with Tron, 30 days and it was gone. I'd like to try the GB Pre/LE, sometimes that make a huge difference and vice versa aka GOT, Pre/LE didn't like it at all but the pro is great.

#44 7 years ago

Code has a LONG way to go to be up there with Sterns' best. There's unquestionably a great game in there somewhere.

Le/Premium is the pick of the 2 models, but I get annoyed there are no cross flipper shots which takes a fair bit of flow out of the game. I'm doing more post passes on this than any game I own.

#45 7 years ago

I think shot geometry is bad

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I think it's very playable when it's dialed in, but the code leaves a lot to be desired

The code was fantastic for release, but it's been largely ignored since then. None of the bugs have been fixed, new ones have been introduced and the second video mode was really poorly implemented. The easier scene completion is a mixed bag as some will like it and others don't. At least that can be adjusted in the settings.

Quoted from trunchbull:

The Scoleri Brother drop targets are a joke and probably the worst part of the game right now, because they literally do nothing

They light the super jackpot for triple value. Combine that with 6x playfield and you can get up to an 18x triple super jackpot. Even with a triple it can sometimes be lucrative. Other than that, they don't do anything and get in the way during SFMB.

Quoted from RobT:

That right ramp shot really does suck. Has to be one of the worst designed shots ever. Even seemingly dead on shots result in the ball not making it all the way around, and it trickles back out

Some people report that changing a hex spacer really improves the shot. On the pro, it's a non-issue.

Rob

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Some people report that changing a hex spacer really improves the shot.

Can verify this - makes it a completely different shot.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They light the super jackpot for triple value. Combine that with 6x playfield and you can get up to an 18x triple super jackpot. Even with a triple it can sometimes be lucrative. Other than that, they don't do anything and get in the way during SFMB.

They don't do anything for the theme or the story. They might as well just be called "multiplier sticks". "The multiplier sticks! Hit them for points! Not because they're interactive or anything, just so you can add some more numbers to the big number on the screen! Ghostbusters!"

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Some people report that changing a hex spacer really improves the shot. On the pro, it's a non-issue.
Rob

I'm going to drop it down a hair myself. Tired of being frustrated, especially trying to get up the Stay Puft ladder.

#50 7 years ago

Love it , ordered a premium after hours of playing both....... I think a big factor with the code delay was getting the playfield issues fixed first. Now that the premiums are shipping a think new code updates will be coming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 103.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-disappointed-with-gb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.