Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So me and Luci are just getting to know each other. First few dates together she has left me hanging my head in shame. But I have a question which is likely stupid, but I need to ask...

Lower playfield, each standup target has the associated playfield light. When do those light?
They work in attract mode and in test mode so I know they work. Each of the switches tests properly. But when I'm playing and wind up with a ball there I can't get them illuminated. So I'm pretty sure I just don't have the right combination going to do it, but wanted to see what I'm missing...?

#2 9 years ago

You have to shoot the outer loops to light the standups. Cradle-backhands are a must down there. Very tough to shoot the opposite loop with a forehand flip.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

You have to shoot the outer loops to light the standups. Cradle-backhands are a must down there. Very tough to shoot the opposite loop with a forehand flip.

Aah, that was it. OK. Tonight I will give it a whirl. Figured it was a forehead-slapper.

#4 9 years ago

FYI, not only did I have a few burned out bulbs NIB as well, and the left loop on my mini had to be adjusted quite a bit as well before it would register in game.

#5 9 years ago

Have you tried Highway to Hell? for some reason I was thinking they all lit up and then you had to shoot them to turn them off. Once you shoot them all the roaming target starts moving.

Cody is correct that cradle and back handing is a good tip to score the loops. One thing to know as well is that if you shoot a loop the same direction twice in a row it will score the other switch for you as well. For instance if you need both outer loops. If you shoot the right loop twice in a row it will score both. If you shoot the outer loop once, miss the shot then shoot the outer loop again it wont score the other light unless you do it twice in a row.

One thing to look for an check though, just to make sure, is that your standups are not resting against the rubber. These things tend to move a lot and require adjustment to center them. If they are off center it will be much harder to score a hit.

Luci is one mean &*&^% but she'll open for you. I still can't hit the jukebox shot in AC/DC to save my life but the other shots are gradually getting easier to hit when desired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-boneheaded-acdc-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.