• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Fooped
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey folks,

My MET LE is behaving very strangely as of today:

1: The machine is now beginning the Grave Marker multi-ball randomly (without me dropping all of the targets). It happened off a slingshot hit, and even from a right outlane drain!

2: It is not awarding the hurry-up (flashing coffin) shot opportunity when I hit the flashing lane.

3: It's also timing out the And Justice For All mode prematurely (Mode stops without the ball draining before the counter reaches zero).

I had a bad board-mounted LED, so I took the old one out and soldered in a new one today, but other than that, there's been no change to the machine.

I'm really scratching my head on this one...

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

It just got weirder:

I tried to simulate the problem with the glass off, and the machine is registering "phantom" grave marker hits! I took the balls out during the grave marker multi-ball and during single ball play, and the machine would periodically register a grave marker switch hit with no ball in play!

Now I'm really befuddled.

Is there a way during normal game play to score a grave marker hit other than to drop one of the thre in-line targets?

Help!

#3 10 years ago

Go in switch test and see what switches are malfunctioning. The cross opto sure sounds off to me.

#4 10 years ago

Right loop switch is bad. That explains not awarding the hurry-up shot, but no errors on the cross opto. Main problems persist.

#5 10 years ago

I think shots to the left ramp can award you grave marker hits in some cases. For ex. Start a new game and as soon as you get control of the ball shoot the left loop. My game usually plays the "Master" sound clip even though the ball didnt touch the grave markers.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think shots to the left ramp can award you grave marker hits in some cases. For ex. Start a new game and as soon as you get control of the ball shoot the left loop. My game usually plays the "Master" sound clip even though the ball didnt touch the grave markers.

I think something may be wrong with your game.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

Hey folks,
My MET LE is behaving very strangely as of today:
1: The machine is now beginning the Grave Marker multi-ball randomly (without me dropping all of the targets). It happened off a slingshot hit, and even from a right outlane drain!
2: It is not awarding the hurry-up (flashing coffin) shot opportunity when I hit the flashing lane.
3: It's also timing out the And Justice For All mode prematurely (Mode stops without the ball draining before the counter reaches zero).
I had a bad board-mounted LED, so I took the old one out and soldered in a new one today, but other than that, there's been no change to the machine.
I'm really scratching my head on this one...
Thoughts?

Check your work, and what you may or may not have knocked / nudged accidentally when doing your work.

The odds of you doing some under playfield work and immediately after something else unrelated fails purely by coincidence is small small small.

#8 10 years ago

Agreed. I will say though that this weird behavior may have been happening prior to (now that I think about it), as I really don't play the machine much anymore due to the lack of code (I know, this has been beaten to death already). I soldered on two points for the one led board neatly with no dripping or any other goof-ups. Not sure what else to do other than start replacing opto boards.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I think something may be wrong with your game.

I will double check and let ya know if this still is the case. Thought I read something in the code readme that said the game would do that some cases.

Anyone else have this?

I have a pro if that matters

#10 10 years ago

Forget what I was saying. Must be smoking crack

1 month later
#11 10 years ago

Here's an update:

I fixed the problem a while ago, but figured I'd post the solution for the good of the board:

The opto in the grave marker "cove" (for lack of a better term) was facing down towards the playfield slightly, rather than shining directly out of the hole towards the left side of the cove into the other side of the opto. This was periodically (read: "Randomly") breaking the beam and causing the phantom hits. I adjusted the opto correctly and all is well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-bizarre-metle-malfunctions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.