Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_163252_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    318844915_687753276174931_6103244455279825240_n (resized).jpg
    B5E9DA5A-BC6E-435A-A9E3-5E5CA0AE933E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    20221212_122535 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Bricking is hitting the target hard enough that it relatches onto the ledge, so it fails to drop.
    There are brand new horseshoe contact boards available, as well as ones you can replace them with where you cement a magnet to the target and the board has a simple reed switch on it, so you ditch the horseshoe blades and the board contacts altogether.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system3-6-drop-target-replacement-bords-nmp-sensors-vids-review

Who knew?!? I just did a playfield swap/hardtop for my Flash Gordon. All of a sudden, I’m getting this brick thing with one drop target. Thought i was going nuts. Glad to see this post and looking forward to checking it out more.

By the way, Flash Gordon is my go-to fav game. Owned one for years, got stupid and sold it and then a few back, I picked up another. Been fixing it since. Tend to Bally pins, although BK and some other Williams were pretty great too.

Nice thread.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from RetroRambler:

I almost hate to admit what my favorite Gottlieb game is from that era - Amazing Spiderman. I was a huge comic collector back then (still have all my Marvel bronze era comics (Xmen, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc in the closet). The artwork alone - mic drop. I would seriously add this to the tree for that reason alone. Its just so many memories I don't think I would care if the play was boring. I am just not sure about that double flipper. I know I played it back in the day, but I can't for the life of me remember if I enjoyed it or was just wow'd by the art. Being 10 when this came out, it was (and still is) epic to marvel at - pun intended

I have had an Amazing Spider-Man for 25 years. I put in a Pasqual board and never looked back. Really fun game play, if the game is dialed in.
    Art is great. Mine is like new, so I ended up with one of those playfield protectors on mine. So far, so good. The two flipper thing isn’t that bad. Once in a while you can drop one in between the two, but if you’re paying attention, it’s not bad at all.

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You picked a really good one for a first game. It's going to kick your ass, it's a brutal game, but that's the appeal, has that "one more try" factor. You won't get bored from mastering it any time soon.

Indeed. A blast, but tricky. I go for the right hand in-line drops. That starts building your bonus multiplier, and that’s the hard part for me! Easy to get one or two of the the drops. But that third one…. Also, keep it on the upper playfield as long as possible. Lots of hints for success out there, no doubt. Have fun!

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

...or....as I recommend, workout the maximum number of games that will fit in your space, then keep adding to it.

And get or make a pinball dolly

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/realized-that-i-am-an-early-80s-ss-guy-willams-vs-bally?tu=zahner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.