(Topic ID: 99283)

Realization: I don't care for mode based pin games.

By tamoore

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mahoyvan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

Seems to me reading through this that people play for different goal reason. Depending on what you like for goals is what you choose for a style game. For example, Tamoore seems to play for high score where as pmwolf seems to play to complete objectives. So it makes sense that Tamoore would like games that require strategy to multiply and get high jackpot payouts while pmwolf is more about the journey of fulfilling the objectives and saving the girl/planet.

I personally like mode based games but I suck at completing the modes most of the time. When I do have a great game and I'm able to complete modes its a blast. But sometimes its nice to play a simpler ruled game like Pinbot and try for the mutipliers and the jackpot payout. It seems so simple at times but its a type of play that takes a bit of forethought and exacting shot execution.

#22 9 years ago

Tamoore, are you a planner type personality? Organized? Maybe you find satisfaction in planning the shots for the payout. Or maybe you like compounding excitement. It's a slow kind of build up in excitement putting all the shots in place for that last perfectly timed shot. Maybe you thrive on performance pressure? That's what I like about system 11 style games. It's exciting to sew all these shots together for a final payout. And if I choke in the process, no big deal, I can just try again on the next ball and be there in no time again....its not like I need to light 15 door panels all over again...modes can be exhausting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/realization-i-dont-care-for-mode-based-pin-games?tu=gotpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.