(Topic ID: 172452)

Realistic Pinball Simulators

By Kinetik-Systems

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Heya everyone.

There may be a thread on here already about this. But I didn't find it.

I know a lot of you own your own machines, and thus probably prefer the real deal over an online sim. But for those of you who do use
    them, which online simulators are the very best. Physics wise, table selection, and history.

I've been using Pinball Arcade on Steam, and it's been really cool so far. Anything like that out there that is relatively free?
    Until I can afford a cabinet of my own, I have to stick to Sims and local arcades/dive bars.

Cheers!
    -KS

#2 7 years ago

http://www.vpforums.org/
    Used to play visual pinbal VP but a biatch to set up

Pro pinball timeshock

and unit3d
    http://www.unit3dpinball.net/

and future pinball

but vp , future pinball and unit3d are realy only fun on a 2 screen and arcade button controled cabinet setup

#3 7 years ago

And then theres this
    its for future pinbll and pinball arcade

google for, bam better arcade mode

#4 7 years ago

Yeah pinball arcade is what I've been using most of the time! I love it.
    I'll check out your suggestions, thanks Jorro!

#5 7 years ago

If the physics were accurate, we wouldn't pay upwards of five figures for the real thing.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

http://www.vpforums.org/
    Used to play visual pinbal VP but a biatch to set up
    Pro pinball timeshock
    and unit3d
    http://www.unit3dpinball.net/
    and future pinball
    but vp , future pinball and unit3d are realy only fun on a 2 screen and arcade button controled cabinet setup

Make sure to install the future pinball physical pack, to get better physics

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

If the physics were accurate, we wouldn't pay upwards of five figures for the real thing.

Tis why I was sure to mention that I don't have any real machines. *Yet*. I'm addicted to pinball. I know the sims are no-where near the experience that I get from blowing twenty dollars on The Adams Family at the dive bar twelve blocks from my house. But sometimes I like to practice at home. Obviously the physics will never compare to tangible hardware; but I am okay with that for the time being. Thus is my reason for creating this post. I want the most realistic simulator, because sometimes I like to play pinball remotely, in my room, while I eat copius amounts of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and slam a few beers.

#8 7 years ago

Visual pinball 10 (VPX) is the best thing going. Blows The Pinball Arcade away. But as others have mentioned the learning curve requires a few false starts and a little patience. Thankfully the community is very willing to help.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kinetik-Systems:

Yeah pinball arcade is what I've been using most of the time! I love it.
    I'll check out your suggestions, thanks Jorro!

yes but watch the video i posted its PinballArcade with BAM its in real 3d!
    check it out!

#10 7 years ago

Getting to the point where I can't even play Pinball Arcade anymore. It's just so damn...broken. Every time I play, something new doesn't work the way it should. For example, why in the hell would El Dorado play in slow motion? OMG it sucks SO BAD. I much prefer Zaccaria Pinball. The developers are constantly working on improvements (and they actually listen) plus they already released a VR version on Steam. It always runs fast and smooth.

#11 7 years ago

Hmmm. Zaccaria you say? I am looking it up as we speak. I will let you know what I think. Regardless I too have found many flaws with Pinball Arcade. For me the ball speeds up randomly sometimes. That only just started happening but it is extremely frustrating on tables like Dr. Dude, and Adams Family.

#12 7 years ago

Pro Pinball TimeShock! (Ultra or Original)

Original

Ultra

Perhaps someday, Silver Castle Pinball will provide my real game...

Honorable mention goes to Pro Pinball Fantastic Journey.

#13 7 years ago

Hmmm. Zaccaria you say? I am looking it up as we speak. I will let you know what I think. Regardless I too have found many flaws with Pinball Arcade. For me the ball speeds up randomly sometimes. That only just started happening but it is extremely frustrating on tables like Dr. Dude, and Adams Family.

The Zaccaria tables are fun to customize (e.g. can simulate playing during a thunderstorm). These are simulations of actual Zaccaria machines but chances are, if you are like me, you never saw these machines in real life. But they are fun to play and they play at real life speed (don't expect long ball times). I used to love Pinball Arcade (cause I love the 90's machines) but lately it just makes me mad. For example, slap saves in Pinball Arcade will ALWAYS work, even if the ball is closer to the other flipper. It's a joke. Of course the jokes on me cause I dumped so much money into all of the Pro Table Packs.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

The Zaccaria tables are fun to customize (e.g. can simulate playing during a thunderstorm). These are simulations of actual Zaccaria machines but chances are, if you are like me, you never saw these machines in real life. But they are fun to play and they play at real life speed (don't expect long ball times). I used to love Pinball Arcade (cause I love the 90's machines) but lately it just makes me mad. For example, slap saves in Pinball Arcade will ALWAYS work, even if the ball is closer to the other flipper. It's a joke. Of course the jokes on me cause I dumped so much money into all of the Pro Table Packs.

Don't say tables.....

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Don't say tables.....

Pinball Arcade et. al. call them "Table Packs".

#16 7 years ago

So what should I say? Someone got mad at me for saying "cabinets" a couple days ago. But I am new to this, please go easy on me. I am still very new.

#17 7 years ago

To be completely honest, who really gives a shit? 90% of the US has been calling them "tables" since the first machines were built. It's so condescending to even cast someone out for calling a pinball machine a table and insinuating that this is technically an inaccurate term. It's a pinball table. Sounds dumb, and it yes it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is how people refer to them.

#18 7 years ago

To be completely honest, who really gives a shit? 90% of the US has been calling them "tables" since the first machines were built. It's so condescending to even cast someone out for calling a pinball machine a table and insinuating that this is technically an inaccurate term. It's a pinball table. Sounds dumb, and it yes it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is how people refer to them.

I agree, sorry for nearly de-railing this thread. So did you get a chance to try the Zaccaria Pinball on Steam?

#19 7 years ago

So what should I say? Someone got mad at me for saying "cabinets" a couple days ago. But I am new to this, please go easy on me. I am still very new.

don't worry theyre crazy
    call a bird a dragon, it's still a bird! and it doesn't gives a rats ass

#20 7 years ago

In terms of physics, which is the most important thing in this simulation, the best so far is VP (visual pinball). The new pro pinball table is actually very good also.
    I don't understand why pinball arcade, a game that has so many licenses, still have horrible physics. PA was released in 2012. In 2012 VP had better physics than PA has nowadays.. lol

#21 7 years ago

The Pro Pinball (Time shock) table is pretty decent on PC (Steam) especially for nudging. I really like the fact that the nudging strength is determined by how long you press the nudge buttons. A quick and light tap results in a slight nudge. A longer press results in a Pinball Arcade-esque nudge that eventually leads to a tilt. Nice feature if you have really sensitive leaf switches (e.g. "True-Leaf Pro" switches) installed in your cabinet or control panel.

CLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES (resized).jpgCLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

which online simulators are the very best. Physics wise, table selection, and history.
    I've been using Pinball Arcade on Steam,

Pinball Arcade is great for learning the rules. Some tables have a couple hundred "pages" describing the various features. If your goal is seeing most of the modes in a game without too much effort PA is the way to go.

If you want the most accurate physics I think VP is the closest.

P.S. Don't even respond when some troll complains about you. Everyone was new once and we all make mistakes. When you make one, correct it or apologize and move on. Put trolls on your ignore list. There is too much good information on Pinside to waste time reading Trolly McTrollerson posts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/realistic-pinball-simulators?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.