Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170131_094130 (resized).jpg
DSCF8885 (resized).JPG
DSCF8884 (resized).JPG
DSCF8883 (resized).JPG
DSCF8882 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

We are just finishing up an EIGHT BALL machine we had underway when we fell into the warehouse deal and that now needs to get sold. Overall I would rate the machine a solid 7.5 to 8 with just some very minor playfield wear and rub rash on the cabinet. Cabinet is more like an 8 (or better).

Machine was recently shopped - no broken plastics - and it looks great. It will be working 100%. I am not sure if we will sell it with a nice original board or an older Alltek board at this point. Right now Wayne is working through several original boards and we just need to decide which way we want to go to save some time.

If you guys were selling one in this overall condition what would you consider a "fair" starting point for me & the buyer both? Machine is located in Central PA and I do not ship machines so it will have to be a local sale!

THANKS!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I turned down $1300 for mine which has a CPR playfield installed.
Finding one without a worn original playfield is almost impossible even though they made over 20k.

The playfield on this one is actually much better then I would have expected from the ones I have seen in the past. Mostly a couple wear spots on the green in front of the slingshot on one side (maybe the size of a quarter with like 30% of the quarter size area actually missing paint) and one line (similar to planking on the other side (instead of planking just a plank). There is also some very very minor wear on the rack of balls at the bottom you really need to look for to see.

I paid WAY TOO MUCH for this when I bought it so I was hoping to get around $1200 or so for it but I had my doubts. It just doesn't seem like that popular of an early Bally SS title these days. I know a few years back I would have had no problem at a $1200 price point but this title seems to be going down in value instead of up like most of the classic Bally machines from what I have seen with my research.

#9 7 years ago

No Mylar on this one! Here are a couple pictures of the "bad spots". Sorry about glass on but we have boards sitting on the glass right now so I did it the easy way.

DSCF8882 (resized).JPGDSCF8882 (resized).JPG

DSCF8883 (resized).JPGDSCF8883 (resized).JPG

DSCF8884 (resized).JPGDSCF8884 (resized).JPG

DSCF8885 (resized).JPGDSCF8885 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Insert wear from cupping or sinking. You said some cab scuffing. I hope the rest is good like you said with playing and plastics. Also hope backglass nice and displays bright. But I'll stick to my $750 in New England. I've seen working game with a little more wear go for $600 - $650 around here maybe a year or 2 ago. That's why if they need an Alltek they get passed on.

Cabinet is actually very nice and backglass is perfect if I remember correctly - I have not taken that out of our rack yet since board work isn't done. I should have known better when I bought it but I got this and a super nice El Dorado City of Gold as a two machine deal and I overpaid by about $400 for the pair from what I am seeing. Now I need to figure out how to get out from under them without taking a bath.

I never claim to be perfect but I hate it when I screw up and pay too much for something!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Who had not done that. When you go through the years the good deals far overshadow the bad. Like buying a reasonably priced game and having a board or display go out a couple of months later. Neither you nor the seller did anything wrong. Just happens and stinks.

I never worry all that much about it but I am just trying to figure out the "best" way to get out from under this one. I guess, in a way, once I shopped it I reached "the point of no return". I should have just put it up as a project for the $550 I had into it and just figured what the heck. Now I have several hours into shopping it and one repaired board in it already and still need to figure out something with the MPU. If I go the Alltek route I'll be into it for over $800 not including time or the parts & supplies to shop it out and it seems even a $800 price point might be unlikely. As they say "you can't win them all" but losing surely sucks!

#18 7 years ago

Basically as I see it I have two choices on this one. Put an Alltek in it and try to get $800 or sell it with the bad MPU for $600 just to get my investment back out of it. If anyone is interested in it either way let me know and we can take it from there. I currently do have this included in a package deal I have in the works with a guy so I can't promise it will be up for sale but if that package deal doesn't happen this will be listed in the Marketplace at some point (if it doesn't sell first).

#20 7 years ago

What drives me crazy with this title is most classic Bally & Stern machines keep going up in value but this title actually seems to have dropped by a couple hundred over the past 4 or 5 years. It is a decent playing machine with decent art why such a low price? Not just my machine but in general it seems like it is undervalued by about $200 compared to other similar machines?

#23 7 years ago

Anyone else feel like me and think this title is somewhat under priced compared to similar machines from this era?

Is $800 a "fair" price for it with an Alltek in it?

#25 7 years ago

I understand it takes a buyer to sell anything. I just want to have a price point that gets me out from under this one without a loss that is also "fair" with a buyer.

Sadly I didn't realize this machine was worth less than a typical classic Bally so I paid way too much for it. Now I just need to move it on to someone who will enjoy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/realistic-asking-price-for-eight-ball-fonzie-machine?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.