(Topic ID: 56008)

Earthshaker custom undercab lighting -Tied into gameplay!

By Rock914

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Here is a video of Earthshaker I just put some undercab lighting on. This is using 1/3 of the leds i typically use. Some pinsiders informed me of crap undercab kits on ebay selling for $130.00. I will put a kit together for about $50-60 if anyone is interested. I haven't found a pin yet I could not tie into gameplay so this is not limited to ES, FH, MSF, RS, TFTC, LAH, TSPP, SP, TMNT, BW, JP ect...

Earthshaker

Funhouse

Post edited by Rock914 : Title sucked!

#2 10 years ago

That is Awesome!!!

#3 10 years ago

I want one on my TZ and BH!!

#5 10 years ago

Thank god, I was afraid it was fake under-cab lighting. o_o

#6 10 years ago

Yes sorry its just a little more than a light under the cab. Sorry if my title confused you.

#7 10 years ago

No confusion, I'm just being a smartass. I might be interested in a TZ kit myself, depending on how you're tying it into things.

#8 10 years ago

Now that's really kool

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No confusion, I'm just being a smartass. I might be interested in a TZ kit myself, depending on how you're tying it into things.

Pinmike was good enough to invite me over to do a kit on his TZ. We are about 2 1/2 hrs apart so i hope we can get this done in the near future. I will post a video when it's complete.

#10 10 years ago

Looks interesting, I'd be interested in one for my HS if you make it for System 11 that is. How is it tied in?

#11 10 years ago

I know someone with a HS ill let you know once I do it.

#12 10 years ago

i would be down for one on my bk2k or rollergames. Is it hard for the normal pinhead to install once you would get it made? great job by the way.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Pinmike was good enough to invite me over to do a kit on his TZ. We are about 2 1/2 hrs apart so i hope we can get this done in the near future. I will post a video when it's complete.

No problem buddy!! Any Pin I have in my house is yours to try any kit,modding,whatever you want etc.You can even take the Pin Home with you if you need more time with it,It's Awesome what your doing and making Pinheads games much more fun and very attractive...

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

i would be down for one on my bk2k or Rollergames. Is it hard for the normal pinhead to install once you would get it made? great job by the way.</blckquote>

i would be down for one on my bk2k or Rollergames. Is it hard for the normal pinhead to install once you would get it made? great job by the way.

Easy to install if i have done the machine. Than i can make a plug and play kit.

#15 10 years ago

Rock did you get my Emails? I would have called you but i know your probably busy at work.

#16 10 years ago

Very Nice work. I think Whirlwind with the undercab lighting tied to the lightening /thunderbolts would be cool. Maybe even MM with the flashers, etc.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Very Nice work. I think Whirlwind with the undercab lighting tied to the lightening /thunderbolts would be cool. Maybe even MM with the flashers, etc.

I bet it would look awesome during SHOWTIME on TAF!!,Holy crap you talk about really seeing Thunderbolts!!

#18 10 years ago

Yeah, I'd take one for TAF or Whirlwind. I agree that it'd look great during showtime. My arcade is a bit dark anyway and could use more light

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Yeah, I'd take one for TAF or Whirlwind. I agree that it'd look great during showtime. My arcade is a bit dark anyway and could use more light

Oh yeah!!, My games are up for all the testing when Rock/Chris has time.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Oh yeah!!, My games are up for all the testing when Rock/Chris has time.

May stop by tomorrow night depending on what happens with work. I will be in St. Claire Shores. I will start the TZ kit if you like Mike. It will take me a few hours to figure out how and where to tie into the gameplay but Im sure it will rock when complete.

Chris Rock

#21 10 years ago

WW would be pretty cool.
I would buy the earthshaker kit for 60 bucks too, I love the various colors !

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

May stop by tomorrow night depending on what happens with work

Cool!! Just call me and let me know..

#23 10 years ago

.... Still in pocess

#24 10 years ago

I'de be interested in one of these

#25 10 years ago

I was going to add white LED tape to the rear of the back box and then 2 separate strips on the top in front of the cloud. The rear ones will be tied to the first segment of the bolt, and the upper left and right to the 2nd and 3rd section of the bolt.

#26 10 years ago

Interesting let me know how it works out.

2 months later
#27 10 years ago

I did a HS and it worked out great. I put the 10' strip under the cabinet and hooked to the flashers in the tail lights in the back box. They flash when you rev the motor with the left flipper.

#28 10 years ago

Great job...I would also like to know how the tie in is done. Would it be possible to turn on the UC lights with the shaker? Pm sent..

Mike

1 year later
#29 9 years ago

did you ever get this dialed in? (thread resurrection I know!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-undercab-lighting-tied-into-gameplay-on-earthshaker-and-fh-by-rock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.