Topic Stats

• 386 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of these strong licenses would you be most likely to buy? If none which do you think would be most successful?”

• Kill Bill 13 votes
    57%
  • Lynda Carter Wonder Woman 9 votes
    39%
  • Beyoncé 1 vote
    4%

(23 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
DSC01355 (resized).JPG
DSC01433 (resized).JPG
IMG_0991.gif
A42A714D-D9EC-4AC2-87CF-F682E39F77BE (resized).jpeg
3972E932-F000-4EAD-A97A-C1CD7450434A (resized).jpeg
netflix-tiger-king-views (resized).jpg
8827E9C5-7B50-4180-9414-EAD9E19AE612 (resized).jpeg
ss (resized).png
21E627E9-8AB4-40DE-ADA3-E7FF21E717BF (resized).jpeg
B6FB4B8D-D5CB-47D6-AFD0-D2979BAD6203 (resized).jpeg
AB072B51-4492-4EBB-87A2-CF9E096D4E67 (resized).jpeg
CC4C1245-13E9-445C-90D1-A238EB91EA84 (resized).jpeg
134619 (resized).jpg
e1xg4u4uyve31 (resized).jpg
20200914_184059 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'm sure this won't be a popular thought, but much of the "targeting" of men is because of a lack of strong diversity in the companies themselves. You have (in Stern and JJP's) case, old white guys who have been in the business for years with other old white guys, hiring men to design games, do the rules, do the code, pick the themes, do the art, etc. There are women and minorities working at these companies for sure, but the higher up you get towards the owners and decision makers, the less of that you see. I would assume the majority of the people buying games are male, so I'm sure that's where they target things to make money, so you until we have more diversity among players/buyers AND the people running the show, it is going to be stagnant.

This may not be popular either but are only old white guys open game here or can we shit on other groups and have that be acceptable.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I mean, are you aware of some top secret pinball manufacturer that isn't comprised of manly white men? I think you'd be "shitting" on something that doesn't exist, but if you've found it, let us know. If you're talking about something non-pinball related, please let us know what group you think it's going to be awesome to "shit" on, I can't wait to hear.
It's always amazing how anytime anyone mentions diversity, white people get so crabby and assume it's some sort of personal attack on them. I'm not saying "white people are bad" or that we need "forced diversity", I'm not "shitting" on white men (I'm one!) or whatever else the 4chan people talk about. I'm saying that when you have a group of people that are all very similar making something, you get a product that represents their collective backgrounds and thoughts.
I know the "D" word is big and scary, but believe me, I'm not suggesting we need to randomly draw names of minorities out of a hat and make them CEO of Stern, I'm saying you have a bunch of white dudes designing games for white dudes because that's who plays and buys them. Is that smart from a business perspective - sure. Is it also why we don't have many "female" themes - yes.

Maybe we should stay on topic and not blame people by color.Diversity includes everyone in my book.Everyone has a theme or title they would like to see lets listen and if they are interesting I may add it to my collection.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

This was you, like 15 minutes ago:

Here is the topic from the OP:
One thing that is frustrating about this hobby is how a male audience is targeted seemingly alone.
Sounds like you are most interested in listening to opinions that match yours.

you brought color into it [Removed]

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Which seems to have struck a nerve. I don't understand why that's bad. You brought "other groups" you dislike into it. "Let's listen" is already out the window I see.

Totally agreed, again, I thought I was clear but apparently not. From a business perspective it makes sense, your pool of buyers is not diverse, nor is the pool of people making the product. This doesn't mean it's "bad", but it's what it is. Until you have more women on both sides of the equation, you're not going to see much movement in themes I would wager.

I dont think any group should be shit on,ask someone to read the post for you

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I can read it. It's right here:

I mean, what did you mean by "can we shit on other groups"? Can you clarify which groups you had in mind?

My point exactly its not acceptable to dish on any group

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But no one was shitting on them?
Pointing out that it's mostly white guys in charge of picking and designing the themes is not shitting on anyone. It's a simple observation.

I am not having any touble finding titles My family enjoys.Wonder Woman may have a decent chance of success.
Maybe Heart but that may be too late.

2 years later
#380 4 months ago

So I see People mentioning Barbie and Taylor Swift as options.Im not interested in either but I thought I would ask my Grandkids which they would rather Play.The Girl said Taylor Swift hands Down and the Boy said anything else.They are twins so same age (9).Godzilla is their favorite in My collection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-talk-female-oriented-themes-in-pinball?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.