Topic Stats

• 386 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of these strong licenses would you be most likely to buy? If none which do you think would be most successful?”

• Kill Bill 13 votes
    57%
  • Lynda Carter Wonder Woman 9 votes
    39%
  • Beyoncé 1 vote
    4%

(23 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
DSC01355 (resized).JPG
DSC01433 (resized).JPG
IMG_0991.gif
A42A714D-D9EC-4AC2-87CF-F682E39F77BE (resized).jpeg
3972E932-F000-4EAD-A97A-C1CD7450434A (resized).jpeg
netflix-tiger-king-views (resized).jpg
8827E9C5-7B50-4180-9414-EAD9E19AE612 (resized).jpeg
ss (resized).png
21E627E9-8AB4-40DE-ADA3-E7FF21E717BF (resized).jpeg
B6FB4B8D-D5CB-47D6-AFD0-D2979BAD6203 (resized).jpeg
AB072B51-4492-4EBB-87A2-CF9E096D4E67 (resized).jpeg
CC4C1245-13E9-445C-90D1-A238EB91EA84 (resized).jpeg
134619 (resized).jpg
e1xg4u4uyve31 (resized).jpg
20200914_184059 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Right. So you agree that the pinball target market would not buy these "female themes". So why would a company make something that no one will buy?

Women already think pinball machine prices are absurd.

I work in a building full of women who enjoy the titles I bring in, when I start talking prices they think we're insane and I have not even gotten started talking about new pins.

Making "a women's title" aimed at women hoping for boosted sales would be suicidal. There are some themes mentioned above that would appeal to a wider audience, some franchises do well.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not to be sexist but:

Women are just as capable as men at fixing this sort of thing, but they are less likely to have the skills and experience to do so.

As a maintenance director I disagree.

Women are wired different then men. All the nurses I work with I could not do their job, nor am I interested.

I work with mechanical devices and very good at it.

On the other hand I have seen female nurses unable to install batteries in a tv remote even with a diagram at the bottom of the device.

The industry is weighted heavy towards women because it is suited to their nurturing wiring.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I consider GOTLE to be a strong-female-themed pin. Daenerys Targaryen owns the dragons, and the dragons make the game. Also, half of the callouts were done by a woman.

Women generally love Game of Thrones, excellent example.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

A GG game could definitely attract some new interest.

And how many would sell at $7500?

Interest yet, profitable amount of buyers no.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Her: Because we want cute things and 'cute' angers old men.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Stern is free to make a My Little Pony all they like, this doesn't matter to me a wit.

I'll ignore it just like the other titles they make which don't appeal to my interests for one reason or another.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It kind of irks me that out of the many female country artists that all we can come up with is to remake Dolly Parton.

The backglass on the Bally Dolly Parton is hideous, would have been far better if they used the country Dolly on the playfield.

I understand she was in the process of "going Hollywood" regardless of that it was a mistake and looks terrible in my opinion.

The proto cabinet was better too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#212 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

But ultimately change needs to happen at the manufacturers by getting women involved in design, marketing, and development.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'd say Big Dick is a really "female oriented" theme
/fun mode off
My wife and our female friends always go for the ToM in our collection first. After that they tend to go play SS. My wife would probably never buy a whole pin but she did pay for the Pedretti ToM topper herself.
Just saying that there already are pins that females appreciates.

My wife loves EM's with Melody and Night Rider her favorites and the only solid state she MIGHT play is Jurassic Park.

She really loves Melody, its her clear favorite.
20200914_184059 (resized).jpg20200914_184059 (resized).jpg

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You should probably put a blackout curtain up to prevent those games from fading.

We do cover them up when not in use, I tried to get dark curtains but she nixed the idea.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

This is not fact based, this is Vid's opinion - and it's just pinside trolling at best.

Its based on reality and actually observing people and what they do and their interests.

Quoted from gorgar007:

Go convince the thousands of female players at tournaments and leagues and basements around the world that they really aren't as interested in pinball as they think they are - good luck.

Nice stawman you setup there, I'm going to burn it down for you.

1) They are a fraction of the population that owns and plays pinball, exceptions proving the rule.

2) Were not saying their interest is any less than mine for example.

Were saying far more men are interested in buying pinball machines than women.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

My wife certainly would go for the following themes that could be considered "girly":
Mulan
Tangled
The Greatest Showman (Not so much girly but the females in our circle love it. Me, not so much)
Mamma Mia! (Another one that the ladies seem to flock to)

Yes but would they cough up $7000-$10,000 to own one?

I would contend based on the women I work with in a professional building the answer would be a resounding "ARE YOU INSANE"

Sold exactly one pin to a women in four years and it was $1200 and it was so she could surprise her husband with a retirement gift.

The price/benefit ratio is just not there for MOST women.

#297 3 years ago

If Keith Elwin did an amazing shooting game with great rules based on Golden Girls, would everyone refuse to buy it? What if Eric Meunier and JJP did a Beyonce pin that went even above and beyond GNR? Would people really not buy them or play them on location because they have female-centric themes? Does it really matter that much?

Yes it does.

There are a number of amazing games out there, their themes hold zero interest to me so why on earth would I buy it?

For me pin attraction can be broken down to thirds- theme, sound, playfield setup. It needs to fire on all 3 of these areas for me to even give a pin a tryout.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The difference is women were buying SUVs in droves at the time. So Porsche said lets build one.

You also have to consider the Porsche SUV has a VW twin so there is a large sharing of risk and expenses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Augusta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-talk-female-oriented-themes-in-pinball?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.