Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2022-04-01_15-29-10 (resized).png
5D6FDAE3-33E5-43DD-AA2B-1B58865287EB (resized).jpeg
9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220401-154039_Chrome (resized).jpg
noway (resized).PNG
#1 2 years ago

I emailed the guy and told him not to throw it out. It looks like it's in great shape. Probably just an April fools joke, but it caught my attention for sure. I'm betting it's one of you that posted it.

noway (resized).PNGnoway (resized).PNG

#2 2 years ago

Considering this is one of the few pictures of King Kong on the pinside splash, I would say troll.

Screenshot_20220401-154039_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220401-154039_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Production: 9 units (confirmed)

#4 2 years ago

Nope. April fools. It's a copied image.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Considering this is one of the few pictures of King Kong on the pinside splash, I would say troll.
[quoted image]

Yeah it definitely got me for sure. I was browsing on my phone and had semi bad service so I couldn't easily throw up a tab for a reverse image search.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

...I was browsing on my phone and had semi...

Go on.....

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

Probably just an April fools joke, but it caught my attention for sure.

In these cases it is always best to act first, and check later. Yes - it probably is an April fool, but you don't lose anything by just asking.

#8 2 years ago
9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf (resized).jpg9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf (resized).jpg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

In these cases it is always best to act first, and check later. Yes - it probably is an April fool, but you don't lose anything by just asking.

I honestly forgot what day it was, but you know the saying about things being to good to be true.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Say what you will, but I picked up a Quick Silver in playable condition for $160 a few years back. That was a to good to be true moment that actually turned out to be true.

#11 2 years ago

No, not an April Fool's joke. And the next Stern pin, Frasier, was announced today. What a great pinball day! A new title AND an old rarity popping up on the same day.... schweeetness!!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

No, not an April Fool's joke. And the next Stern pin, Frasier, was announced today. What a great pinball day! A new title AND an old rarity popping up on the same day.... schweeetness!!

I think 90s TV show themed pins would be awesome.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Is King Kong one of those prototype games where there are still some unaccounted for?
I know Kingpin, Goin’ Nuts and a few others, ALL of them are accounted for and the owners are “known” even if they’re private and reclusive.

Perhaps King Kong is one of the few rarities that may actually show up like this one day.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

I think 90s TV show themed pins would be awesome.

This particular one wouldn't be a buy for me, but Id definitely plug a bunch of dollars into it on location!

Agree, there's plenty of shows that would peak my interest....

#15 2 years ago

No way does Frasier get a pin before Golden Girls. There would be riots.

#16 2 years ago

Golden Girls C64

5D6FDAE3-33E5-43DD-AA2B-1B58865287EB (resized).jpeg5D6FDAE3-33E5-43DD-AA2B-1B58865287EB (resized).jpeg
#17 2 years ago

Load”*”,8,1

#18 2 years ago

Here's a good one from my neck of the woods

2022-04-01_15-29-10 (resized).png2022-04-01_15-29-10 (resized).png
#19 2 years ago

I asked him why his pic matched the one on a website I found from 2013 with the link and he said Happy April Fool’s Day.

#20 2 years ago

Edit: nevermind that this was a pin that was a lot money. King something.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

Say what you will, but I picked up a Quick Silver in playable condition for $160 a few years back. That was a to good to be true moment that actually turned out to be true.

Production: 1,201 units (confirmed)

Yeah, what's 3 orders of magnitude difference worth anyways.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:Production: 1,201 units (confirmed)

Yeah, what's 3 orders of magnitude difference worth anyways.

You're downplaying how hard it is to find Quicksilvers in the wild. It's obviously not as rare as a king kong, but most of them have been destroyed. Good condition restores go for a lot. That Quicksilver got me $2,000 AND a Williams Firepower in really good condition. 1 hour of my time picking it up and $160.
I had offers right under 4k for it and it needed a full playfield resto and the cab repainted.

If I had gotten a $500 EM for $160 I could see your eye rolling, but you can't deny that sounds like a to good to be true moment.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

You're downplaying how hard it is to find Quicksilvers in the wild. It's obviously not as rare as a king kong, but most of them have been destroyed. Good condition restores go for a lot. That Quicksilver got me $2,000 AND a Williams Firepower in really good condition. 1 hour of my time picking it up and $160.
I had offers right under 4k for it and it needed a full playfield resto and the cab repainted.
If I had gotten a $500 EM for $160 I could see your eye rolling, but you can't deny that sounds like a to good to be true moment.

Eh.

You're talking about a 6000 buck game versus one I would expect, in this market, to go for 40k+ if it's playable, and 20k+ if it's *not*. To the best of my memory, there were maybe only TWO King Kongs that were actually playable. The rest were either trashed or missing things.

You'll literally never find one. Meanwhile, I can put up an "Offering 10k for good Quicksilver" and I guarantee you games will come out of the woodwork.

*Edit* Apparently 7500. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/126763

#24 2 years ago

It's better than another shitty band pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-or-trolling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.