IMG_8820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0623 (resized).jpg
IMG_0621 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
20180418_155515 (resized).jpg
20180418_155229 (resized).jpg
20180419_095757 (resized).jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Which surface are you firing against?
Back wall or left side?
Installed one in my SW-Prem easy as pie and it works great, but would love a louder "crack".

I installed it against the back wall. It is super loud.
--Scott

#52 5 years ago

Can you post picture ?
And are you sending updated instructions to previous owner ?

Thanks.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I installed it against the back wall. It is super loud.
--Scott

I concur. I posted this in my SAM knocker thread a while back..

Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’ve settled on this as the absolute best place to mount the knocker. On the floor, firing against the back wall. Super easy to put in as you can just sit the knocker assembly on the floor to drill, and it is super loud and really rings. Seems like a really resonant part of the cabinet.

4 weeks later
#54 5 years ago

I installed my knocker last weekend in the back left corner of the cabinet. Install was simple and problem free. I didn’t test it out after install, I figured I’d just wait for it to happen naturally. Didn’t play a lot through the week, but last night had some games with friends. Man that real knocker is great! Worth every penny. (Even if the international shipping is expensive.)

#55 5 years ago

For my spike games (got & imdn) the pbl knocker only goes off on a correct number match at end of game. It doesnt go off on extra ball in gameplay...is that normal?

Knocker tests fine knocker test.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

For my spike games (got & imdn) the pbl knocker only goes off on a correct number match at end of game. It doesnt go off on extra ball in gameplay...is that normal?

I would think so, since the Stern "Screech" noise only goes off on match.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

It should go off on replay score too, or (if setup) when you get a high score (my T2 was set for two games for GC and one game for other high scores so I set IMDN up that way too).

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It should go off on replay score too, or (if setup) when you get a high score (my T2 was set for two games for GC and one game for other high scores so I set IMDN up that way too).

Thanks I'll double check settings. I could have sworn I heard the screech before on getting extra balls in game though.... maybe just imagined it!?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Thanks I'll double check settings. I could have sworn I heard the screech before on getting extra balls in game though.... maybe just imagined it!?

Yes, unless you set your replay award to extra ball rather than credit (default) then you would hear the replay knocker followed by an extra ball.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, unless you set your replay award to extra ball rather than credit (default) then you would hear the replay knocker followed by an extra ball.

I set my replay award to extra ball.

So Im confused, if I set the replay award to credit, I will hear the knocker AND still get an extra ball? Is that due to it being on freeplay? Credit counts as extra ball on freeplay?

#61 5 years ago

Are the installation instructions available online? I'd just like to take a look at what the installation entails before I pull the trigger.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I set my replay award to extra ball.
So Im confused, if I set the replay award to credit, I will hear the knocker AND still get an extra ball? Is that due to it being on freeplay? Credit counts as extra ball on freeplay?

No. If you set the replay award to credit, you will not get an extra ball. The knocker goes off for replays. The award you have set in the settings (extra ball, credit) doesn’t matter. The knocker goes off for the replay regardless of the award you have chosen.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. If you set the replay award to credit, you will not get an extra ball. The knocker goes off for replays. The award you have set in the settings (extra ball, credit) doesn’t matter. The knocker goes off for the replay regardless of the award you have chosen.

This is not the case with my GOTG, if it's set to award an extra ball the knocker does not go off. I can't speak to any other SPIKE games but I'd guess it's the same on all of them.

#64 5 years ago

I've owned Ghostbusters and GOTG. Neither used the Stern "screech" when getting an extra ball for a replay. They "screeched" only on getting the high score.

Ergo, they won't "knock" for an extra ball replay on games that have this knocker put in.

2 months later
#65 5 years ago

Great product, I have one in all Stern games that I own. TWD Pro, Mustang Premium, Aerosmith Pro & Game of Thrones LE. Now they sound normal. Thanks Scott

1 week later
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from DML1001:

Are the installation instructions available online? I'd just like to take a look at what the installation entails before I pull the trigger.

Same here.

Also I didnt quite get the reply to what ou are supposed to do, if theres a shaker already installed and that capacitor kit. that is the case for me. Is this a conflict?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Same here.
Also I didnt quite get the reply to what ou are supposed to do, if theres a shaker already installed and that capacitor kit. that is the case for me. Is this a conflict?

No conflict.

1 month later
#68 5 years ago

Hello, will this product work with the Stern headphone kit installed? And if so, is it possible to configure such that it doesn't trigger when using headphones? Might be a bit annoying if I'm playing at night wearing headphones and the knocker goes off. Obviously I could go into the settings menu and disable it but that's kind of a hassle.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Hello, will this product work with the Stern headphone kit installed? And if so, is it possible to configure such that it doesn't trigger when using headphones? Might be a bit annoying if I'm playing at night wearing headphones and the knocker goes off. Obviously I could go into the settings menu and disable it but that's kind of a hassle.

Yes, it will work with the headphone kit installed. It wouldn't be possible to have it automatically turn off when the headphones are plugged in. These are two separate things completely and not tied to each other.

4 weeks later
#70 5 years ago

Just installed this on my IMDN - awesome! Not as loud as my T2 but still good and better than the screech.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Just installed this on my IMDN - awesome! Not as loud as my T2 but still good and better than the screech.

Did you mount it on the crossbar per the instructions or against the back left of the cabinet per one of the posts in this thread? I originally had it mounted per the instructions but moved it to the back left of the cabinet and now it's substantially louder.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Did you mount it on the crossbar per the instructions or against the back left of the cabinet per one of the posts in this thread? I originally had it mounted per the instructions but moved it to the back left of the cabinet and now it's substantially louder.

I put it in the back right of the cabinet with the plate against the back wall. I didn't notice people suggested back left, but I assume the side wouldn't make much difference (although it would've let me run the wires a little cleaner...).

#73 5 years ago

Is there a way to keep the squawk and have the real knocker active? Or is it one or the other?

#74 5 years ago

You can have both.

1 month later
#75 5 years ago

Installed it in my SW LE. Totally awesome.
I also have a shaker installed, no conflict there
Really rocks.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Is there a way to keep the squawk and have the real knocker active? Or is it one or the other?

This may be the first time I've ever heard anyone ask if they could keep that God-awful screech.

1 month later
#77 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Why would you want that screeching #%$&

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Why would you want that screeching #%$&

Cause you're deaf and sense the award by the cringe on your friend's faces, haha.

2 years later
#79 2 years ago

I m dragging this 3 year old thread back to life.

I just bought a Ghostbusters a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, I have to buy some goodies for it . I bought one of these knocker kits and installed it in the cab yesterday. I cannot get it to work.
I can go to Standard Adjustments per the instructions and I can turn off the knocker volume with out issue. That is #43 on this pin.

IMG_8820 (resized).JPGIMG_8820 (resized).JPG

However, I cannot find any provisions on this GB that will allow me to install the knocker. My Q24 option, which is #53, is taken up by the COIN METER. I see no other selection in the adjustments menu that will allow me to turn the knocker on.

IMG_8826 (resized).JPGIMG_8826 (resized).JPG

Any direction on where I need to look to turn on the knocker is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 6.42.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-25 at 6.42.02 PM (resized).png

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I m dragging this 3 year old thread back to life.
I just bought a Ghostbusters a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, I have to buy some goodies for it . I bought one of these knocker kits and installed it in the cab yesterday. I cannot get it to work.
I can go to Standard Adjustments per the instructions and I can turn off the knocker volume with out issue. That is #43 on this pin.
[quoted image]
However, I cannot find any provisions on this GB that will allow me to install the knocker. My Q24 option, which is #53, is taken up by the COIN METER. I see no other selection in the adjustments menu that will allow me to turn the knocker on.
[quoted image]
Any direction on where I need to look to turn on the knocker is much appreciated.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

You need to set your Q24 Option (#53) to "KNOCKER". Then it will work.
--Scott

#81 2 years ago

You need to set your Q24 Option (#53) to "KNOCKER". Then it will work.
--Scott

Thanks.

I would be nice if it was mentioned somewhere in any of instruction sheets that Q24 Option is a toggle switch. I was looking for "KNOCKER"as per the knocker instructions and saw "COIN METER" and moved on.

#82 2 years ago

I asked for and recieved a knocker kit for my AIQ as a Christmas gift.
Just installed it and got a match on my first game after. Love the solid "Thwak!" instead of the horrible screech.

4 months later
#83 1 year ago

Is this cable able to be purchased anywhere else? I found an old kit that I put in my Rush but am missing this cable.

132EB138-7DD6-497E-9C0A-EB5310366EBA (resized).jpeg132EB138-7DD6-497E-9C0A-EB5310366EBA (resized).jpeg
#84 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Is this cable able to be purchased anywhere else? I found an old kit that I put in my Rush but am missing this cable.
[quoted image]

Please send me an email to [email protected] and we will get you hooked up. Pun intended.

#85 1 year ago

I installed this kit on my godzilla and was disappointed a bit. It works on a match but not when you win an extra ball like on a Williams /Bally.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I installed this kit on my godzilla and was disappointed a bit. It works on a match but not when you win an extra ball like on a Williams /Bally.

If works on replay if you change replay to award extra ball.

#87 1 year ago

So is their setting to have the knocker go off during gameplay when you get an extra ball.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

If works on replay if you change replay to award extra ball.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

So is their setting to have the knocker go off during gameplay when you get an extra ball.

No! Only WPC games offer that option.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

No! Only WPC games offer that option.

Dam I wish the Stern games had that option. Can never get enough of the real knocker sound

#90 1 year ago

Please send me an email to [email protected] and we will get you hooked up. Pun intended.

Email sent, thanks!

#91 1 year ago

Sure wish someone would make a wiring kit or harness for the SAM games too.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Dam I wish the Stern games had that option. Can never get enough of the real knocker sound

On SPIKE 2 games there are generally dozens of "Champions" for everything from modes, to multiballs, to even spinner champion. It takes a bit of work, but go into the menus and set the awards to replay for each and every one of these. Also, set Grand Champion to three knocks, high score #1 to two knocks and high score #3 and #4 to one knock. You will have plenty of knockin if you do this. Also, make sure match is at least 10%.

#93 1 year ago

I’ve misplaced my instructions and can’t quite figure out what connections to make with the 4-pinned connector. Could someone send a picture or explain the connections they have to the node board in the cabinet? The only connection I see that is four pins is the shaker motor and I already have one installed.

Thanks for the assistance.

#94 1 year ago

So I have 5 of these kits, and they are LOUD as hell, but what I love about the older games is that almost hollow snap/crack sound.

And CGC games apparently. I was blowing up Medieval Madness remake yesterday, and it had the most satisfying pop sound. How is it done? I'm assuming it's the same solenoid design, but it depends on what part of the machine it hits. Is it that metal bracket?

#95 1 year ago

Knocker kit. No wiring needed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 11.25.55 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-05-27 at 11.25.55 AM (resized).jpg

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’ve misplaced my instructions and can’t quite figure out what connections to make with the 4-pinned connector. Could someone send a picture or explain the connections they have to the node board in the cabinet? The only connection I see that is four pins is the shaker motor and I already have one installed.
Thanks for the assistance.

Remove cn14 on node and plug into x1 on knocker board, x2 from knocker back to cn14

0C2259CD-A03B-4C93-A994-10193C259F8E (resized).jpeg0C2259CD-A03B-4C93-A994-10193C259F8E (resized).jpeg
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

On SPIKE 2 games there are generally dozens of "Champions" for everything from modes, to multiballs, to even spinner champion. It takes a bit of work, but go into the menus and set the awards to replay for each and every one of these. Also, set Grand Champion to three knocks, high score #1 to two knocks and high score #3 and #4 to one knock. You will have plenty of knockin if you do this. Also, make sure match is at least 10%.

Cool thanks for the ideas. I had the grand champion set to 3 knocks already but I will set all the other awards I can find to replay as well

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Remove cn14 on node and plug into x1 on knocker board, x2 from knocker back to cn14
[quoted image]

Perfect, thank you very much for your assistance.

1 month later
#99 1 year ago

So I just added this kit to my Rush pin and holy crap it is loud! I installed as per the instructions and used the template to mount the knocker. Would moving it back a half an inch or so make it not as dramatic? Anyone adjust the placement of this?

IMG_8883 (resized).JPGIMG_8883 (resized).JPG
#100 1 year ago
Quoted from madangelo:

So I just added this kit to my Rush pin and holy crap it is loud! I installed as per the instructions and used the template to mount the knocker. Would moving it back a half an inch or so make it not as dramatic? Anyone adjust the placement of this?
[quoted image]

You could move it closer to the strike plate to calm it down a bit. These are supposed to be loud though, the louder the better in my opinion!
--Scott

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/real-knocker-kits-for-stern-spikespike-2-games/page/2?hl=insideoutlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.