(Topic ID: 186055)

Ready Player One Ramblings - Spoilers Ok!

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

280318-ready-player-one (resized).jpg
20180811_211138 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 7.52.18 AM (resized).png
image (resized).png
Ready-Player-One-Easter-Egg-Evil-Superman (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.42.59 AM (resized).png
RP1 (resized).jpg
jpop (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

With the exception of The LOTR trilogy, almost all movies have to abbreviate the story. The book has waaay to much nerd level detail for a Two hour feature film.
I loved the book and really enjoyed the film.

You do know that LOTR was pretty abbreviated compared to the books too, right? Even the extended 10 hour version is abbreviated compared to the book!

2 months later
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Finally saw the movie. Did not like it. The Gundam/Mecha Godzilla was the only thing that kind of caught the flavor of that part of the book. The other capricious substitutions/replacements relative to the original book were a mess. I didn't like that Wade didn't get his swag highrise apartment, then gave it up to be the one that got caught on purpose to get into IOI. If playing 2600 Adventure for about 10 minutes of the film can be exciting enough, then the Joust challenge over 4 minutes would have been just fine. Also, getting the quarter from a random bet from a "computer" was way dumber than getting it from a PacMan in his museum. The movie made a much less cohesive whole than the book as a result of these and dozens of other changes.

I finally saw this today and really liked it. Of course I never read the book, so I didn’t have any expectations for the plot.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So now it would be interesting to have you go and read the book and see if you like the movie better. The opposite experience.

In my experience, the book is always better than the movie (unless the movie came first).

1 month later
#129 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

Everyone who watched the movie did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ready-player-one-ramblings-spoilers-ok?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.