(Topic ID: 186055)

Ready Player One Ramblings - Spoilers Ok!

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

280318-ready-player-one (resized).jpg
20180811_211138 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 7.52.18 AM (resized).png
image (resized).png
Ready-Player-One-Easter-Egg-Evil-Superman (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.42.59 AM (resized).png
RP1 (resized).jpg
jpop (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TRAMD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

While I am a bit younger than the target audience (men in their mid-forties), I am a total D&D and arcade nerd and the book is one of my favorites of all time. While the concept isn't necessarily original it was just done in a perfect way that gets you completely hooked. I also read it in two days; at the expense of sleep mostly. I am very excited for the movie.

11 months later
#40 6 years ago

I usually hate it when people say this but "the book is better". The book is seriously my favorite book of all time. While the movie was very good and improved on a few things (The Shining part!), it was not as good as the book. I was really looking forward to seeing that lich for the first key. However, overall the movie was awesome and the changes made total sense for a visual media (the race instead of a dungeon playing Joust) with a limited time frame (three keys instead of three keys and three doors).

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I really liked the movie. At first, I was not digging it...the fact that the first key was a car race was so far away from the book, it was unsettling. But, then when Z had to use some clever clues to figure out the "trick" to winning the race, I finally got it: THIS IS NOT THE BOOK. In fact, its kind of a retelling of the story. From that point on...I kind of loved it. It was like reading the book for the first time again. I didn't know what the next clue would be or how to solve the riddles. I was along for the ride and discovering things with the heroes. I love how they took the "movie as a video game" sequences in the book and turned it into...well, REDRUM!!!! So awesome and unexpected. Yeah, the characterization was done a bit hastily...but I still loved it. The book and movie are the same genre, but different stories and I'm okay with that. And this move had only one F-bomb in it. And it was the best single use of the F word I've seen in a long time. "It's F-in Chucky!" Plus...there was a friggin' Monsterball...holy cow, I totally forgot about those things! Two thumbs up!

Did you use my brain to write this? I agree 100%.

#80 6 years ago

In the movie, most "gunters" live in Columbus, OH because that is where the OASIS was founded and you have the fastest connection speeds. In the book they don't all live there and there is more to the story of how they all get together.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TRAMD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ready-player-one-ramblings-spoilers-ok?tu=TRAMD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.