(Topic ID: 136578)

Reading Gottlieb Schematics

By Ramtuathal

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gtb-Orbit-SB-and-SB-Armature.jpg
    Relays.jpg
    a-Wms-Fun-Fest-Example.jpg
    SteveFury_Schematic_section.png
    Self-Hold-Circuitry-JitB.jpg
    GitB_S_Relay.jpg
    4.png
    3.png
    2.png
    1.png
    Tester.jpg
    2.png
    1.png
    GtbSchemNotice.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

An alligator jumper is your friend. Classic circuit, 4 reels must be on zero and their zero position switch closed for a part of a reset seq to be complete. All the reels are on zero yet the motor runs and runs. Solution, take an alligator jumper and clip it on one end of the chain and move it down switch to switch until the db relay pulls in, you found your dirty switch...

Or BankABall, 7 daisy chained switches on the relays in the head, which is the dirty one preventing the special?

Or game remains in tilt, on of three slam switches really not closed? which one? Jumper them.

Last night my Surfer would hold in the tilt hold, ran a jumper from 30v to the relay as a work around while I fixed something else. Then I noticed later same slam switch circuitry had a run to the coin lock out relay...and what do most of us do? disconnect the coin relay on the door because they are always burnt. And it happened to be a "loop thru" (not the end of the circuit but two wires on 1 lug), my visual inspection showed the previous repair dude forgot to twist the two together leaving my slam circuit opened. Fixed.

And lets say you want to verify all the bulbs of the match circuit, either find the stepper and advance it by hand in game over or use a jumper and run down the bulbs...

Also, one thing to note, the "state" of the cir diagram is ball one, ball in shooter lane waiting to be plunged...

Ken

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Neither, actually. The schematic is only showing a point of reference for the switches in that particular state: the game completed reset, the first ball is ready to plunge, and the game was turned off. It's only capturing a stable state of the machine. They could have chosen many other stable states, but when servicing games usually the power is off, so this one worked for them.

I thought it was powered on state rather than powered off state?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-gottlieb-schematics?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.