(Topic ID: 205963)

Reading a Gottlieb Score Motor Chart correctly?

By 4Max

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f1ef3ab1717b8e7f5f693eb5f205d79f0639f911a (resized).jpg
IMG_5436c (resized).jpg
score (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all. I recently posted about a bonus scoring issue with a Target Alpha which is now resolved due once again to great help here.

During my troubleshooting I thought something was amiss with my score motor, but not sure if I am reading the chart correct.

Here is the TA score motor chart:
score (resized).jpgscore (resized).jpg

The switch stack I was looking at was 4D. If (!) I'm reading the chart then 4D should activate same time as 1C (where motor's home switch resides). But on my motor 4D was activated just before motor got to home (I guess around 110 degrees or so).

See this photo, I'm holding the original switch blade, but you can see the one I made to replace it fitted behind.

IMG_5436c (resized).jpgIMG_5436c (resized).jpg

That original blade (red arrow) closed 4D when 1C was in that area I marked with a red line. My new blade closes 4D (green arrow) when 1C is in the notch marked by green. While that seems to match the chart better, I found this photo of someone else's TA motor from another unrelated post, that seems to show that my original blade was correct?

f1ef3ab1717b8e7f5f693eb5f205d79f0639f911a (resized).jpgf1ef3ab1717b8e7f5f693eb5f205d79f0639f911a (resized).jpg

If you can make sense of my post, then welcome your thoughts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-a-gottlieb-score-motor-chart-correctly?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.