(Topic ID: 228449)

Reactions...

By ToucanF16

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What’s your wife:significant otger’s reaction when you get a new pin?”

• Rolling eyes 71 votes
      46%
    • Helps pick out pin 43 votes
      28%
    • Actively engages in the hunt 14 votes
      9%
    • Withholds favors 5 votes
      3%
    • Demands vacation/clothing/jewelry in exchange 12 votes
      8%
    • Puts foot down/says “No” 10 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 155 votes by 142 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181108-224237_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20181108-224454_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20180719_230746 (resized).jpg
    20180318_134853 (resized).jpg
    20180317_201008 (resized).jpg
    20180307_202254 (resized).jpg
    20180214_235521 (resized).jpg
    20171230_111543 (resized).jpg
    no objections (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180922_2018445.jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

My wife’s reaction when I start talking about a new pin is just a rolling of her eyes. Once I eventually get the new game delivered and set up shes indifferent. She doesn’t particularly care for the pinball, but she loves the social aspect of it; people to come over and play that she can entertain and feed!

#2 5 years ago

None of the above. I just kind of do what I want.

#3 5 years ago

Mine retaliates by buying new stuff of her own.

Then again, she was probably going to do that anyway.

#4 5 years ago

I get a few eye rolls, but also some encouragement to change things around if I want to - even if she isn't really interested in playing most of them.

I have been told I'm not allowed to sell Tron LE, but that one wouldn't be going anywhere regardless!

#5 5 years ago

Same here. Eye rolls and indifference. Won’t even come down to check a new one out anymore. But, as long as they stay in the basement we’re cool.

LOL at feeding my friends though haha. That’s definitely not gonna ever happen

#6 5 years ago

Mine helps pick out the next pin. She's a keeper!!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

My wife’s reaction when I start talking about a new pin is just a rolling of her eyes. Once I eventually get the new game delivered and set up shes indifferent. She doesn’t particularly care for the pinball, but she loves the social aspect of it; people to come over and play that she can entertain and feed!

Great thread, good poll options
    accurate to say the least,

My ex was happy that I sold my Unopened NIB BiBLE to buy her a car

1 of my greatest regrets,

My new girl is supporting my addiction all the way, there's some crazy coin tied up in those bad boys !

With 39 machines, I bet you dipped out a few favorable nights eh

Looking forward to some entertaining responses !

#8 5 years ago

My wife rolls her eyes and then says where you going to put it, no room left. She has no idea I can get two more in if I rearrange things a little.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:...LOL at feeding my friends though haha. That’s definitely not gonna ever happen

My wife thrives on social activity; always remembers names/faces/first born etc. She doesn’t play much, but is always near the action; the consummate ‘life of the party’.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mine helps pick out the next pin. She's a keeper!!

Lucky man!

#11 5 years ago

Aside from a deep sigh, and a "Where are you going to put THIS one??" Another famous line of hers is "So, which one are going to sell then?"

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Aside from a deep sigh, and a "Where are you going to put THIS one??" Another famous line of hers is "So, which one are going to sell then?"

This

#13 5 years ago

I just tell mine how it is, and that’s that. Wait, what? I guess I have to go guys....

#14 5 years ago

My ex would always say "geeeez, how many do you need?" Then she would always help me set the pin up and play it with me.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Exactly!!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

You da man!

#17 5 years ago

I started this hobby this year. I bought three EMs since Feb. None of them work. The first one is almost done, maybe. I'm glad that there's someone sane in the house to stop my hoarding.

#18 5 years ago

Normally asks where it's at because she enjoys going on road trips to pick them up.

#19 5 years ago

Sometimes my wife will do a bunch of these at once!

Rolls her eyes, says no, withholds intimacy, then buys herself something.

Sometimes she can repeat this, by just looking at the row of games, even
    without a new game coming in....

#20 5 years ago

My husband doesn't care, he likes to play them but doesn't get actively involved in the wheeling and dealing. He just plays them and I get to do what I want. I do think he would like the hobbit back though

#21 5 years ago

My girlfriend finds more good deals on games than I do lol

#22 5 years ago

You can say that again! This was our wedding cake...it was all her idea.

IMG_20180922_2018445.jpgIMG_20180922_2018445.jpg
    #23 5 years ago

I don't feel that way. I kind of wish Mrs. tamoore would engage more about stuff like this. But she just doesn't really care what I do.....

#24 5 years ago

Not married but my teenage daughter likes to give me a hard time. She is not into pinball or the scene one bit. Never plays and gives me that look if I say anything about pinball. Funny thing is that she can name all my games and enjoys telling her friends about them because all the other kids think it's cool we have pins.

#25 5 years ago

None of the above. She is generally supportive but also not really interested.

#26 5 years ago

My wife is into pinball, she got us started in the hobby.

#27 5 years ago

Depends on if it's a game she likes or not. Natch.

#28 5 years ago

No objections

no objections (resized).jpgno objections (resized).jpg

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Same here. Sees it makes me happy though, so is cool with it. Did make a comment the other day about putting them in the garage and her not being able to park there. Still got plenty of room on the "pinball room" if I get rid of a couch. Then I'll just need to move a wall to steal some garage space. To think I would keep them in the garage, ha!

#30 5 years ago

My wife generally goes along with it. She wants a nice No Fear for the herd. She usually goes with me to buy pins and I got her to go to expo this year. Most I hear is "where is it going?" or "what are we selling?".

#31 5 years ago

Conversation? That's not going to happen. Do your own thing and I will do mine.

#32 5 years ago

"I'll go make a drink, let's play that one first".

#33 5 years ago

I have no wife.

So I don't have to worry about what she thinks.

I don't even feel sorry for those that do. In fact I think it's kind of funny.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have no wife.
    So I don't have to worry about what she thinks.

o-din , you’re living the dream!

#35 5 years ago

That's what I keep telling myself every time one of these threads pops up.

Keep up the good work men!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Same, as long as our budget looks good and it doesn't sit in the middle of the living room she is generally happy for me because she knows how much I enjoy it. She will play them and enjoys them but I'm sure could just as easily live without them.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Count your blessings that she enjoys the social aspect of it. Would love of it my wife could at least do that. She hates all of it. Lol. However, you see how much influence that has on my purchasing.

#38 5 years ago

My wife & I go to most pinball shows within driving distance. Fortunately for me, she has always loved pinball - even when we were dating 30+ years ago, going to arcades. We play in a pinball league together. We seem to like the same pins for the most part, discuss what we like and don't like, then she usually tells someone at one of the shows what our next pin will be for me to overhear. (I tend to try to steer her in the right direction though. ) Then we hunt for one and buy one. Sometimes if I find a good deal on one that we like, I will show her the ad and then she either gives me a thumbs up or a thumbs down. NASCAR is probably the only one that she rolled her eyes at - but she still plays it to try to learn the rules. For the past 2 years we buy a pin for Christmas as a gift for each other - this might be our 3rd year for that with JJPOTC if we can save a little more.

#39 5 years ago

KingBW , your another lucky guy. Sounds like you two work well together.

#40 5 years ago

When I logged on and saw this title, I was hoping to get a pool started on how long before o-din chimed in about living the untethered dream!! Unfortunately 11 hours is way too long...

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

When I logged on and saw this title, I was hoping to get a pool started on how long before o-din chimed in about living the untethered dream!! Unfortunately 11 hours is way too long..

I've been learning from watching monkey gifs and videos how to take care of myself.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've been learning from watching monkey gifs and videos how to take care of myself.

I gotta tell you though...you do keep this place interesting! Keep up the good work.

#43 5 years ago

I love these wife posts.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife & I go to most pinball shows within driving distance. Fortunately for me, she has always loved pinball - even when we were dating 30+ years ago, going to arcades. We play in a pinball league together. We seem to like the same pins for the most part, discuss what we like and don't like, then she usually tells someone at one of the shows what our next pin will be

The wifey laughed out loud as I read this to her.... I could not have not written this any better also about US... 30 plus years for us. And going strong,,, Great laughs and ditto on the great wives guys.. NT

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

find the right one to match up with you, and it could not be better.

My wife and I are a great team! She loves playing pinball, hunting for them, working on them; everything!
    She really is an amazing women and has embraced the hobby right alongside of me.

The only danger is you both tend to have one foot on the gas which leads to more pinball then you ever have room for, lol.

I feel fortunate every day to be with her and always hope for other pinheads to find a woman as smart, attractive, engaging, and supportive of hobbies as she is.

#46 5 years ago

you forgot the "she doesn't give a shit" poll option.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I met my wife because of a pinball machine, F-14 to be exact, and for the first several years she was rally into it, went with me to auctions, roadtrips to shows, even helped me clean playfields etc. However she never had the kind of obsession for it that I do, and eventually she dropped away from it entirely, but has always been supportive, and more importantly tolerant of all the time I spend on it, which is A LOT!!

Best illustration I can give of how great she has been, is she didn't say a negative word when I decided to take the money from a property that we sold, take out a LOC against our house, and buy a building to house my collection, pretty special I think!!

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Best illustration I can give of how great she has been, is she didn't say a negative word when I decided to take the money from a property that we sold, take out a LOC against our house, and buy a building to house my collection, pretty special I think!!

A building on the same lot as your house? I've thought about buying an old building in a small town and put my most of my collection there, but will probably settle on a dedicated mancave behind the house.

#49 5 years ago

Me: This is one I’ve wanted forever, since childhood..

Wife: You have litterally never mentioned it.

#50 5 years ago

Well....

20171230_111543 (resized).jpg20171230_111543 (resized).jpg20180214_235521 (resized).jpg20180214_235521 (resized).jpg20180307_202254 (resized).jpg20180307_202254 (resized).jpg20180317_201008 (resized).jpg20180317_201008 (resized).jpg20180318_134853 (resized).jpg20180318_134853 (resized).jpg20180719_230746 (resized).jpg20180719_230746 (resized).jpg

Think the pictures speak for themselves. I'm very lucky : ).

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reactions?hl=mrfancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.