(Topic ID: 220286)

Reach for the Stars!.. Stern Stars club.. Space travelers welcome.

By o-din

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Cherries_Jubilee
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

There have been 55 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball Parts Flyer (resized).jpg
IMG_20191021_203934 (resized).jpg
STARS-Backglass (resized).jpg
3C1FC82C-2AEF-46B7-B0C9-D00F8907E395 (resized).jpeg
led (resized).jpg
20190922_124114 (resized).jpg
20190922_123836 (resized).jpg
CA6E36E7-49C1-4497-B7B5-2E7862FD0CBC (resized).jpeg
20170619_201615 (resized).jpg
21996 (resized).jpeg
20190605_191546 (resized).jpg
20190605_191413 (resized).jpg
20190605_190835 (resized).jpg
20190605_190912 (resized).jpg
20190604_224550 (resized).jpg
20190324_114233 (resized).jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 days ago

This came at the perfect time as I just picked up a Stars a couple weeks back with an ugly/peeling backglass! Order already placed!

Quoted from Chalkey:

How have CPRs backglasses been holding up? I know I've seen people say plastics from them that have had a bunch of issues.

I haven't heard of these issues with the plastics before. Is it a recent issue? Every set I've received have been high quality and extra durable.

#102 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This came at the perfect time as I just picked up a Stars a couple weeks back with an ugly/peeling backglass! Order already placed!

Post pics when you get it please! I'm super excited for it, but wont be getting mine for awhile unfortunately. Would love to see it all lit up!

#103 4 days ago

I read something at some point and know a guy who got a set about 6 months ago that were just flaking away at random spots, not where they were rubbing or getting hit or anything.

#104 4 days ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Post pics when you get it please! I'm super excited for it, but wont be getting mine for awhile unfortunately. Would love to see it all lit up!

I'll post some pics up once I get it! Do the CPR backglasses come with the trim and lift channels or do you have to move that stuff over? It's not a big deal for me as I have a brand new liftchannel and trim from Gatecrasher that I just purchased and installed. Check out the old cruddy one that was on my game. Yuck!
IMG_20191021_203934 (resized).jpg

#105 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'll post some pics up once I get it! Do the CPR backglasses come with the trim and lift channels or do you have to move that stuff over? It's not a big deal for me as I have a brand new liftchannel and trim from Gatekeeper that I just purchased and installed. Check out the old cruddy one that was on my game. Yuck![quoted image]

Yeah that's bad. Pretty sure they are not supplied with the glasses. Although I'd be interested in a new metal lift channel and new trim as well. Who is this Gatekeeper you speak of?

#106 4 days ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Yeah that's bad. Pretty sure they are not supplied with the glasses. Although I'd be interested in a new metal lift channel and new trim as well. Who is this Gatekeeper you speak of?

I misspoke. It's user Gatecrasher on Pinside. He makes awesome quality lift channels at a great price!
Pinball Parts Flyer (resized).jpg

#107 4 days ago

No you were right it is gatecrasher

#108 4 days ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

No you were right it is gatecrasher

Thanks. That's what I meant but screwed it up again . Thank God it's Friday.

#109 3 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'll post some pics up once I get it! Do the CPR backglasses come with the trim and lift channels or do you have to move that stuff over? It's not a big deal for me as I have a brand new liftchannel and trim from Gatecrasher that I just purchased and installed. Check out the old cruddy one that was on my game. Yuck!
[quoted image]

I also ordered a lift channel. Did you get 3/16"? He seemed to think mine would have been 1/4, but that's not what my digital calipers said. I'm wondering what the CPR backglass thickness will be..

#110 3 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I also ordered a lift channel. Did you get 3/16"? He seemed to think mine would have been 1/4, but that's not what my digital calipers said. I'm wondering what the CPR backglass thickness will be..

I got the 3/16ths and it's a slight bit loose if anything. 1/4 would be too big and 1/8th too small. Hopefully the CPR thickness will stay true to the original thickness.

#111 3 days ago

Did you build it up with tape or anything? I've never actually replaced one of these. Actually I think I have... but I've had a lot of beer since then.

#112 3 days ago

Did you build it up with tape or anything? I've never actually replaced one of these. Actually I think I have... but I've had a lot of beer since then.

I didn't build it up at all but it would fit perfectly if I added a strip of double-sided or electrical tape to the front of the glass to hold it on. I heard the rumors that a Stars glass was close so I didn't put anything on as a temporary measure.

#113 3 days ago

Been in the club twice, mines in the garage next to flight 2k... thinking of clearing the pf someday, is it worth the crazy speed?

#114 3 days ago

I'm wondering what the CPR backglass thickness will be..

5mm

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside