Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 years ago

Anyone playing the RE2 remake? What a great game. Who would have thought in my mid 30's I'd still be playing RE2 and loving it? Game play, tips, and discussion thread about RE2 remake.

#2 5 years ago

I tried the demo out, but as I am traveling for work right now and I currently just have my laptop to play it on...it’ll have to wait till I get back home before I really get into it.

#3 5 years ago

Besides Liberty City, RE 4 is the only vid I've beaten twice in a row. 4 was pretty darn perfect. Don't remember 2.
Is it on the Switch?

#4 5 years ago

It will be worth the wait. Soooo good! Have not had so much fun since 4!

#5 5 years ago

Not sure if it's on switch. Def on PS4. 1-4 are my fav in the series. This may take the place of all of them. I am having a lot of fun.

#6 5 years ago

I’ve just started it. First thing that came to my mind (beside the wow, I’m back at it) is in case the original RE2 didnt give enough ammo, the remake gave even less. Looks like this RE2 is going to take a lot of run (and herbs)

The one thing I regret is that you can’t crush zombie’s head anymore, it was a great way to save a few bullets.

#7 5 years ago

I'm with you. I've got a solid 5 hrs in. No ammo, no herbs....nothing. plus the fact that knives now break. that's what I love about it though. The puzzles are tougher too. You have to backtrack 2 floors after you figure out a safe or lock code. Kids these days are prob watching YouTube for a quick fix or solution. That didn't exist when 1, and 2 debuted. I'm trying to stay off the internet for advice. Maybe that's why I die every 2 mins......there are tons of zombies.

#8 5 years ago

Just called it quits on the game for tonight. Freakin excellent. Love the boarding up windows and the gunpower mixtures.. i dont have ANY handgun ammo but want to save for the shotty. They did a great job. The lighting offsets the “easier-ness” of the over the shoulder cam... lickers even stay “put” too.

#9 5 years ago

Chrusing heads was nice! Now they just keep coming back. I'm constantly at mid to low health. Lol. I do have the shotgun......and it's sick! But I'm trying to conserve amo by running, as I'm sure I will need it later in the game. I hate to admit that I'm as scared and anxious at 35 as I was when I was a kid, but in flashlight mode that shit is scary and hard to control. The fixing windows is a nice touch! Wish I had 100 more boards. Lol.

#10 5 years ago

Loving the game as. I did way back when. Capcom did a great job going the extra mile on this remake

#11 5 years ago

Played the demo today. Very solid, I’m def going to buy it when I have the time to put in on it.

Will prob get it for PC

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I’m def going to buy it when I have the time to put in on it.

Will prob get it for PC

I bought it with the intention of waiting till after kingdom hearts 3 to start it.,....(cauz I was going to buy it either way eventually) but I think at this point it will be the other way around. Lol. I'm so backlogged this year .,...,..(+end of last year)

#13 5 years ago

So the zombies do come back?

#14 5 years ago

I was looking for the red blood pool and that must be why that has been omitted. Do they come back pale or faster?
I just got to the parking garage and quit for the night

#15 5 years ago

Not sure yet. But it seems the longer you leave them the sooner they come back. Lol...,..... Not sure if they actually die at this point. That's why I never have any ammo.…..

#16 5 years ago

Ha! Me too! I though it was a problem that was going to be solved. Guess not

#17 5 years ago

Locker combinations going to be brought up later in the game or was i supposed to try the ones from the desk?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I bought it with the intention of waiting till after kingdom hearts 3 to start it.,....(cauz I was going to buy it either way eventually) but I think at this point it will be the other way around. Lol. I'm so backlogged this year .,...,..(+end of last year)

That was exactly my plan ! I got RE2 Friday, didnt open it then Saturday I couldn’t wait and decided to flip my plan !

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I couldn’t wait and decided to flip my plan !

I told my wife and kid to start without me and I would join them..,.....

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Locker combinations going to be brought up later in the game or was i supposed to try the ones from the desk?

I've found 2 codes so far. Lot of backtracking (through zombies) to solve them. Still missing 1 button to unlock storage lockers. Really want that fanny pack to unlock 2 more spots in my inventory.

#21 5 years ago

Some RE2 talk here also guys and PS4 talk as well in case you are interested. Looks like RE2 is awesome for sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread

#22 5 years ago

Love it and beat it with leon yesterday. Playing 2ND run claire now.

The original is engrained in my brain and always held a special place in my heart. Lots of late nights as a kid creeping through that police station.

This is how remakes should be

#23 5 years ago

i started with claire yesterday, what an awesome looking game! i finished RE2 multiple times twenty years ago but strangely i can't remember any specifics. But that's a good thing i suppose, feels like a totally new game (which it is anyway...)
the tense feeling while exploring and puzzle solving is so engrained in this series, i love it!

#24 5 years ago

One advice for the bullet starving people. Make sure you use every single piece of wood you find. I thought the open windows were kinda cool, bad idea !

#25 5 years ago

It is really great. The game is almost exactly the same. Of course graphics updated. I was hoping for a little more creative liberties but great none the less. It has been 20 years since the game came out, so much of what I experienced the first time is not so fresh. I have had many of those, scared jump, wtf moments, which is what the game was famous for. So rare that a game makes me jump. This one...

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

it and beat it with leon yesterday. Playing 2ND run claire now

Wow. That was fast! Got my second medallion last night. Will shoot for the 3ed tonight then on to Claire!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Wow. That was fast! Got my second medallion last night. Will shoot for the 3ed tonight then on to Claire!

My wife worked and my first weekend off in forever. Lol

Plus I was lucky and got it thursday.

#28 5 years ago

Forgot how much I hate zombie dogs.

#29 5 years ago

Let’s face it, this RE2 is not a remake, it’s what Resident Evil should always have been. I’ve never felt that much pressure and tension in a game, Capcom really mastered their art with this one.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Not sure yet. But it seems the longer you leave them the sooner they come back. Lol...,..... Not sure if they actually die at this point. That's why I never have any ammo.…..

They will die but they are like sponges when it comes to bullets. Also don’t even bother to shoot Mr X unless you absolutely have to, as it’s a complete waste of ammo regardless of your weapon.

Completed both scenarios with both characters now. Anyone playing through/completed game on hardcore?

#31 5 years ago

Gamers bitch a lot but they really have it easy.

Their remakes only cost 20% more not 100%

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They will die but they are like sponges when it comes to bullets. Also don’t even bother to shoot Mr X unless you absolutely have to, as it’s a complete waste of ammo regardless of your weapon.
Completed both scenarios with both characters now. Anyone playing through/completed game on hardcore?

Shooting Mr X actually saved me a couple times. He freezes after 4 or 5 head shots with a gun, so you can pass next to him without being attacked. Since I have way more ammos than herbs, I prefer to waste a few than to lose half of my stamina bar.

#33 5 years ago

I'm getting all the chess peices as Leon trying to get to ada. Funny, this far in the game I have tons of ammo. Lol. Where was all this ammo in the PD?

#34 5 years ago

Just S ranked the game with Leon, now I might finally have a chance at getting through Hardcore difficultly.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

A clue, the code for the desk was not too far from the desk.

And a broader advice, it's really important to collect the pieces of paper and to read them.

#36 5 years ago

Is there no background music in the game? Also, does anyone remember which RE game has that pretty piano music? I think it came from a piano that is in the scene.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Is there no background music in the game? Also, does anyone remember which RE game has that pretty piano music? I think it came from a piano that is in the scene.

The piano was in the first RE. And no there’s no music most of the time, which i find to be perfectly suitable for the game, they even took out the calming music you usually have in the save rooms, it’s great it keeps the pressure up constantly. No relief, zombies are eveywhere, they even can open doors now !

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

If you have the deluxe edition you get all the OST music, it’s an option in the menus to turn it on.

3 weeks later
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you have the deluxe edition you get all the OST music, it’s an option in the menus to turn it on.

Quoted from adol75:

The piano was in the first RE. And no there’s no music most of the time, which i find to be perfectly suitable for the game, they even took out the calming music you usually have in the save rooms, it’s great it keeps the pressure up constantly. No relief, zombies are eveywhere, they even can open doors now !

Thank you both.

3 months later
#40 4 years ago

Anyone else got the platinum on this yet?

I cannot wait for E3 rumours are strong for REmake3 Nemesis or maybe even Dino Crisis - I’ll take both if they are as well made as REmake2 easily one of my most favourite games ever!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re2-remake?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.