• Latest reply 7 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RULE_SET_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I've got a Millionaire that needs restoring but I've been debating why put much effort into a Millionaire. Then I thought the only way it would be worth it is to do a retheme of it to make it a bit more palatable and worth keeping than it is now. I wouldn't ever retheme a good machine and The Warriors is such an awesome theme that will never see the light of day in the future so I thought it was a good combination.

I figured the spinning wheel would make a perfect Wonder Wheel that could be lit with black-light strips and black light reactive paint to give it the feel of the Wonder Wheel at night.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get around to doing this for a while but decided to throw some ideas together to see if I could make it work in theory, combining most of the rival gangs, warriors members and Coney Island. So here is how I would retheme the ruleset to reflect the movie and what I would change on the inserts and cabinet artwork to.

Here's the original rules then mine;

RULE_SET_(resized).jpgRULE_SET_(resized).jpg

Rules –

C-L-E-O-N -

Hitting all five Cleon targets opens up the left subway for a getaway.

S-W-A-N –

a) Hitting all four Swan target opens the right subway for a getaway.
b) Blinks Cochise target, hitting Cochise adds him to your war party and relights Swan targets. Hitting S-W-A-N targets again blinks Ajax target. Hitting Ajax target adds Ajax to your War Party and blinks War Party Assembled lamp.

EXTRA BALL -

Extra ball is awarded by;

1. Bopping or Spraying the Moonrunners or Turnbull AC’s gang (when lit) on ‘SPIN THE WONDERWHEEL’; or
2. Hitting C-L-E-O-N and Ajax targets to light the ‘Bop Again’ arrow. Then a shot up the ‘Bop Again’ path awards an Extra Ball and light the ‘Come out and play’ lamp.

THE CONEY WONDER WHEEL –

Landing in the lit eject hole above the BOP or SPRAY starts the Coney Wonder Wheel to Bop or Spray on a rival gangs turf. Both BOP and SPRAY lamps are lit at the beginning of every ball; they go out after a shot lands in the eject hole. The right flipper return lane can light the SPRAY lamp and a left flipper return lane can light BOP, a timer will control the period of time you’re able to enter a gangs turf.

Moving Ball Guide –

Success with the initial skill shot will hit a Warrior ‘W’ tag drop target and advance your rep (bonus multiplier).

Multi Ball –

Locking the balls (up the left ramp, or into the wireform ramp) starts Build Your Rank (payoff). Multiball play then begins as both balls speed back to the playfield.

PAYOFFS / BUILD YOUR RANK –

Locking the balls again (up the left ramp, or into the wireform ramp), while in Multiball raises your rank in The Warriors. The four ranks are - Emerald - Member (100,000 – 500,000), Ruby – Heavy Muscle (250,000 – 1,000,000), Diamond – War Chief (500,000 – 2,000,000) and Hotshot / War Lord (500,000).
The War Lord level is only revealed, when the player reaches War Chief. Each rank level goes up 5,000, until its maximum value is reached. When a player reaches a rank, that ranks value resets itself to the minimum.

CONEY ISLAND –

The closer a player nears earning a million points, the more letters of the word CONEY ISLAND light on the playfield. When a player scores one million they have made it back to Coney Island and are awarded a spin on the Coney Island Wonder Wheel.

Flipper Buttons –

Holding the left flipper button displays the first 3 Rank levels, or the Ranks left to be achieved. Holding the right flipper button shows the Replay level and latest High Scores.

Bonus –

Bonus goes from 1,000 to 79,000 with no lighted Rep Multiplier. The bonus amount shows on the playfield by lighted ‘The Warriors!’ lamps during play, and in the players’ score displays at the end of play for a ball.

Playfield Inserts;

SPIN when lit (left) – BOP WHEN LIT

SPIN when lit (right) – SPRAY TURF WHEN LIT

LIGHT Left Spin – BOP

LIGH Right Spin – SPRAY

EXTRA BALL – BOP AGAIN / COME OUT AND PLAY

MONEY – CLEON

BANK – SWAN

ADVANCE MULTIPLIER – Remains the same X2, X3, X5

GOLD – AJAX

SILVER – COCHISE

GATE OPEN – SUBWAY OPEN

ADVANCE MULTIPLIER – BUILD REP

GOLD DROP TARGET – ‘W’ TAGS

CASH HELD – WAR PARTY ASSEMBLED

1 – W

2 – A

3 – R

4 – R

5 – I

6 – O

7 – R

8 – S

9 – !

10 – T

20 – H

40 – E

M-I-L-L-I-O-N-A-I-R-E – C-O-N-E-Y-I-S-L-A-N-D

Coney Wheel;

$10,000 – THE HURRICANES

$20,000 – PUNKS

$30,000 – Hi-Hats

$40,000 – LIZZIES

$50,000 – ELECTRIC ELIMINATORS

$100,000 – SARACENS

$5,000 or Extra Ball (when flashing) – MOON RUNNERS

$5,000 or Extra Ball (when flashing) – TURNBULL AC’s

$5,000 or Multi-Ball – ORPHANS

$5,000 or Multi-Ball – FURIES

$5,000 or Special (when flashing) – GRAMERCY RIFFS

$5,000 or Special (when flashing) – THE ROGUES

ARTWORK –

BACK DROP CHANGED TO CONEY ISLAND PIER

SIDE ART – THE WARRIORS – Red graffiti style

FRONT PANEL – Under the coin door, in warriors font ‘Warriors… come out to play…’

BACKGLASS – TBC

BACK BOX SIDES – A ‘W’ logo instead of the Williams logo, and a member underneath.

#3 7 years ago

Fak yes!!!! This would be an awesome theme! Look forward to seeing some artwork

#4 7 years ago

Awesome! Come out to Play-ee-A Multiball is needed...

#5 7 years ago

Might take some time but i'll get there. Heaps of great artwork out there and from the movie though.

The different gang logo's all around the wheel instead of the jewels is probably all I have considered for the playfield so far.

#7 7 years ago

Love this idea

#8 7 years ago

Warriors.....
Come out to play-ey-ay!!!

#9 7 years ago

Now just need to research the best way to make it happen... thank god for pinside!

#10 7 years ago

awesome

one of my favorite movies and could be a great pin

Love the wonder wheel idea

#11 7 years ago

Great idea! I owned a Millionaire a couple years ago and it was really only good for the nostalgia of playing it when I was a kid. There really isn't much game there, so I think its an ideal candidate for a re-theme!

Its a System11A boardset, so if you get one of the System 11 interface boards from Mark Sunnucks (snux), and a P-ROC from pinballcontrollers.com, then you can effectively control the entire machine with a computer. We have two frameworks you can use to write your rules, control a display, and sounds in the python programming language. We've also got a framework in .NET.

The two python frameworks are:
PyProcGame (https://github.com/preble/pyprocgame)
Mission Pinball Framework (https://missionpinball.com/)

We've had plenty of people just like you re-theme their System 11 games (F14 Tomcat, Earthshaker, Whirlwind just to name a few).

Let me know how we can help make this a reality! I'm excited to see your progress.

#12 7 years ago

I wish you luck; but that seems like a slap in the face to an all-time great film.

#13 7 years ago

Oh, I'm also a jerk! I forgot a remarkable System 11 based game (because the transformation was SO great that I forgot it was even a system 11 under the hood) -- Thats the Buffy pin by the GREAT Dave Nelson and Michael Ocean. http://buffypinball.com/

#14 7 years ago

Best idea ever about anything ever anywhere.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Oh, I'm also a jerk! I forgot a remarkable System 11 based game (because the transformation was SO great that I forgot it was even a system 11 under the hood) -- Thats the Buffy pin by the GREAT Dave Nelson and Michael Ocean. http://buffypinball.com/

Thanks for all your info! I was having a good read through the work that was done on Buffy (SOF) last night actually, inspiring stuff!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wish you luck; but that seems like a slap in the face to an all-time great film.

I couldn't argue with you on that..

But I couldn't bring myself to retheme a good game that would be a slap in the face to it's creator.

#17 7 years ago

I love this idea. It's enough of a cult classic that the fans of the movie will help keep you motivated.

Fwiw: A few years back Rockstar released a Warriors video game (as I'm sure you know), and that could be a nice source of additional ambient music and clean sound effects. For Buffy, I lifted a few things from the original Xbox Buffy games

If you do decide to follow through and need help with software, feel free to drop a line.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I love this idea. It's enough of a cult classic that the fans of the movie will help keep you motivated.
Fwiw: A few years back Rockstar released a Warriors video game (as I'm sure you know), and that could be a nice source of additional ambient music and clean sound effects. For Buffy, I lifted a few things from the original Xbox Buffy games
If you do decide to follow through and need help with software, feel free to drop a line.

Thanks man, much appreciate it. From what I've read making alterations to the audio would be a bit more difficult on a 11a game than on the 11c games?

I'm thinking that I'll work on the art package for it all first and once that's all done move onto audio/text and potentially rule set.

#19 7 years ago

This sounds like a fantastic project! Good luck!

Marcus

#20 7 years ago

Im a very interested in seeing how this turns out. When I was playing around doing a solo retheme (not the Batman project) this was one of the ideas that I considered. Fun movie and great material to work with (different gangs, different boroughs, missions etc...). I decided against it since I thought it was a bit esoteric. But of course in the end I chose a different theme that was more light hearted but not very known in North America (and to be announced in maybe a few years ).

For anyone who is into MMA or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, a Japanese company just released a new line of Warriors rash guards. Very neat ad for it:

Good luck and keep us posted.

2 months later
#21 7 years ago

I just watched a new documentary on Netflix called 'The Rubble Kings'. Worth a watch if you are into The Warriors movie.

3 months later
#22 7 years ago

Re-theme a Millionaire into The Warriors? I can dig it! About a year ago, I started a thread on a Warriors pin. Feel free to use any ideas for your game. Let us know how it's going!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warriors-pin-idea-1979-film-can-you-dig-it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-theming-a-millionaire-to-the-warriors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.