Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flopflip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flip_Flop (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    TripCsold1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I would check for some solder splash somewhere.

And not to criticize your soldering skills, but that's not a great solder job to begin with. Make sure your wires are not oxidized and freshly stripped, and that your iron is hot enough.

I'm assuming it's your GI? Did you check the fuse with a DMM?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from flopflip:

Agreed. Tight spot for soldering. Would that have any baring on Playfield lights?

Generally speaking, if there was solder splash, it could mess up a lot of things, and if the soldering isnt hot enough, there wont be good electrical connection.

Is the relay near the GI fuse or anywhere near any of the lamps or wiring? Is it near the lock relay switch that Curriedog point out? Does that switch make solid connection when closed?

#12 3 years ago

Can you start a game?

Is it one of those games where the GI doesnt light up until a game starts?

#13 3 years ago

To answer your question about the solder job, likely not, but something had happened while you were soldering that caused the issue.

I was just pointing out that poor solder jobs could result in a "fix" not fixing anything, or not lasting long, or solder splash causing other problems that may not be related.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from flopflip:

It appears that I managed to blow a number of bulbs on the playfield. Nothing else made sense. Extreme assumption, but apparently the correct one. Hopefully I have enough replacements! I'll let you know how it goes.

So it was just a matter of blown bulbs? It sounded like no bulbs were working at all. Was that the case?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-solder-coil-now-no-playfield-lights?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.