Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

edwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpg
    this-is-pinside.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Got a playfield clear coated by Ron Kruzman - I have been in the business since 1992...best job ever. I don't normally recommend folks, but will recommend Ron if you need a playfield clear coated perfectly.

-Mike

#2 9 years ago

You joined today, and this is your first post?

I appreciate seeing the review but it's not really confidence inspiring!

However, Its always nice to have afresh clear coat! Congrats.

#3 9 years ago

Give me a break. Pretty much everyone knows Kruzman does fantastic work. Why the hell would he need to shill for himself?

The real issue is trying to get him to accept work when you have the cash in hand ready to go BEFORE you spend it on something else.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

You joined today, and this is your first post?
    I appreciate seeing the review but it's not really confidence inspiring!
    However, Its always nice to have afresh clear coat! Congrats.

Ron does incredible work. I haven't seen better.

#5 9 years ago

Whoa calm down, I didn't say that at all. I think it's absolutely possible that the OP was a genuine customer who was happy.

I just think it's funny to see a brand new account make a single post which happens to be a review.

EDIT: I really wasn't insinuating that this was a scam, I just thought it funny. And I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the name. I recant!

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Give me a break. Why the hell would he need to shill for himself?

Frax,

You've got to admit both the title and the syntax of the post is quite odd.

I guess we'll see if Mike becomes a regular poster.....

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Frax,

Ron has too much work so I guarantee it's not a shill at Ron's request. I keep telling him to charge more

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

Whoa calm down, I didn't say that at all. I think it's absolutely possible that the OP was a genuine customer who was happy.
    I just think it's funny to see a brand new account make a single post which happens to be a review.
    EDIT: I really wasn't insinuating that this was a scam, I just thought it funny. And I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the name. I recant!

No worries, obviously we can't all know everyone in the hobby that does work, but yeah... he's pretty commonly known to be "THE MAN" when it comes to clearing playfields.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Frax,

What, you mean because there's no spelling errors in the body of the post. That's kinda weird.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What, you mean because there's no spelling errors in the body of the post. That's kinda weird.

It's odd because:

The title starts with "RE: " like it's a reply to an email.

Mike says "I have been in the business since 1992". If he is in the business of clearing playfields, why didn't he do his own work?

No pictures or even a mention of what game it is.

If anyone is happy enough to sign up for a Pinside account just to tell the forum about getting a playfield cleared, they would certainly post pictures, or at least brag what game they are restoring.

It might be a post from one of Ron's competitors - trying to make him look bad...

#11 9 years ago

It's not a shill post people. I finally decided to sign up on pinside as some friends recommended....I told Ron I would post a positive comment once I did and that is what I did...I used to be on RGP back in the day and this was one of the reasons I dropped off of it...folks need to relax...

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjmdudeman:

It's not a shill post people. I finally decided to sign up on pinside as some friends recommended....I told Ron I would post a positive comment once I did and that is what I did...I used to be on RGP back in the day and this was one of the reasons I dropped off of it...folks need to relax...

Hi Mike, welcome to PS, you kind of caught us off guard with your post, we really are a good bunch here. Hope to see more of you here in the future. Where are you from? How long have you been into pinball?

#13 9 years ago

Welcome Mike,

I would love to see pics!

Ron does amazing work, unfortunately I can't get him to do anything besides clears as he is too backed up. I would love to have him take on a few full pf restorations as the guy is simply amazing and an artist.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It might be a post from one of Ron's competitors - trying to make him look bad...

Wha.....huh?!

How would that even work? Just by attempting to look like a shill? /facepalm

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Wha.....huh?!
    How would that even work? Just by attempting to look like a shill? /facepalm

Yes, Google it.

Sony got themselves caught doing exactly that.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjmdudeman:

We can't relax. This....Is....Pinside..!

Welcome.

Post some pics.

Post what game it is.

Post the experience (time frame, how did you choose Ron over others, suggested cure time, restoration or just clear ? )

You are in the playfield restoration business since 1992? Or just have sold pin since 1992? Or?

What were you under on RGP?

You've got to answer the Who What Where How and Whys or your posts look spammy.

this-is-pinside.jpgthis-is-pinside.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Mike has been in pinball for longer than most, and was a member of rgp in the day. I just went to this post for the first time because he sent me a letter sayin he gave me some praise on pinsides and had to sign up. I wrote back before reading this post, and said that pinside can be a den of vipers and I apologize in advance.
    I sign on to pinside and sure as crap.
    Maybe we can stay focused on this one. I promise to stay off it as of right now. It is easiest on my nerves if I just don't read them. Then I can,t get the stomach nausea.
    The poster dosent spend much or any time on the net,sitting at the computer (I can relate!) but he does play a lot of pinball, and now has a beautiful tx sector.
    I want to thank mike for going to the trouble to do his first post on my behalf, and I also want to thank the people who support me by publicly defending me when I cant myself, and the people who praise and pay for my work (which keeps me at it)
    Cheers, r kruzman

#18 9 years ago

No worries...I guess I should have signed up and lurked awhile to get the drama understood. Doesn't bother me, just was a little taken back by the immediate negative reactions, but I should have anticipated it. Anyway, we are all pin folk, some more tightly wound than others....

As for pictures, I considered it, but did think I would get slightly hammered by people as it really is impossible to tell the quality of work Ron does (or anyone) from a picture of a completely flat and mirrored playfield. Not to mention I sealed it all back up and put it in the crate Ron so nicely made.

Peace out,

-Mike Milligan

#19 9 years ago

There's a lot of lurkers on these type forums, not just this one. Ron does excellent work, and needs no promoting. That being said, who doesn't like good things to be said about them? Almost anybody would, and in the old days when I used to sell a lot, people would tell me they were going to go home and post about our transaction. I was happy to hear that.

Some people need to get a life. Todd Scott

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

There's a lot of lurkers on these type forums, not just this one.

You mean.... (looks both directions, gulp) people are watching us?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from KillyKillall:

people are watching us?

Nope.

Relax.

edwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpgedwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpg

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Ron has too much work so I guarantee it's not a shill at Ron's request. I keep telling him to charge more

Ron bitches that PF work is time consuming and people don't want to pay what its worth but when work is offered to him at whatever cost he feels its worth he doesn't want to take it. He does do great work. I have one of his necked Creech PFs and its awesome. He could take in PFs and charge whatever he wants, to a point. Of course it is his choice to take in PFs or not but it doesn't make sense to me to not take it in when people are holding open wallets in front of him.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Ron bitches that PF work is time consuming and people don't want to pay what its worth but when work is offered to him at whatever cost he feels its worth he doesn't want to take it. He does do great work. I have one of his necked Creech PFs and its awesome. He could take in PFs and charge whatever he wants, to a point. Of course it is his choice to take in PFs or not but it doesn't make sense to me to not take it in when people are holding open wallets in front of him.

Ron is an artist, literally. He has some incredible paintings he's done. I gave up trying to figure out why some artists do what they do. Just be thankful he's around and does great work.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Ron is an artist, literally. He has some incredible paintings he's done. I gave up trying to figure out why some artists do what they do. Just be thankful he's around and does great work.

I agree with you. I would just like to have some of his work.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I want to thank mike for going to the trouble to do his first post on my behalf, and I also want to thank the people who support me by publicly defending me when I cant myself, and the people who praise and pay for my work (which keeps me at it)

Just want to state for the record..

TOLD YA SO.

#26 9 years ago

Welcome Mike! As the saying goes.... Pictures or it didn't happen!

I contacted Ron to get some high level of cost and time for restoring and clearing a PF and he got right back to me with the requested info and with his waiting list time frame. It appears that Ron has plenty of restoral work lined up and a good bit of clear coating work lined up. Ron does not need to shill...

#27 9 years ago

I can vouch for Mike Milligan. Been around since the beginning of pinball time, and I've had plenty of deals with him.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-playfield-clear-coating-ron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.