(Topic ID: 302899)

Re-installing WPC playfield in cabinet WITHOUT a helper?

By wrd1972

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Skybug
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago

I've brute forced them in and out of games by myself before. It is not easy. As mentioned it does help to have the side blade protectors. Getting out is the easier way. I have gotten into trouble when the harness caught on the way out, so make sure everything is disconnected and the harness will not get caught as you a removing or it could be disaster. For the way back in, it helps to have a high stool positioned to rest the playfield on just before it goes into the game. This lets you get the cables over the rail and started into the cabinet and then reposition your hands to go for the final move over the game and down in. WPC are tough because of the backboard. You need to go in and out very straight. I do this all the time on EMs and it is a LOT easier, though it still helps to be a big and tall.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-installing-wpc-playfield-in-cabinet-without-a-helper?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.