(Topic ID: 950)

Re Imports vs. USA vs exported Import ...ahhh

By fusion301

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sscb1.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

Ok whats the deal? whats everyones opinions on this topic.
    do the guys in other countries look for exported US games, and say well thats an exported import? Im confused The nicest of my pins is a reimport - Im not even sure how you can tell besides someone saying it. whats the does and donts on reimported games

#2 14 years ago

You would have to ensure it has
    1) the correct line filter
    2) the transformer is set for the correct voltage.
    3) the English EPROMS or software.
    4) the Dip switches set for U.S.
    5) Coin slots and mechanisms set to quarters (if you care)
    6) Ensure the fuses are correct. The main fuses changes from a 5A fuse for 220v to a 8A fuse for 120v. This is the one in the metal box with the receptacle in the front of the cabinet on newer games.

Other than that, not sure how you would tell unless they made separate backglasses and playfields for another language.

#3 14 years ago

When getting a game from Mexico be sure to look inside for extras before accepting delivery

Also look for occupied black cars parked suspiciously nearby.

#4 14 years ago

I picked up a EM (1976 vintage) pin that came out of Germany and was impressed that it still had the original dust shield that overlaps & slides into reset bank. You find the old staples used to hold them but never the shields. The game was in great shape and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one - from Germany that is.
    However I've also heard from a guy who used to buy and sell that the containers from Spain , Portugal , and Brazil are pretty beat up.
    However I've never seen any in person so......?
    At one time I was thinking of going in heavy - duty like and buying a container full but then came across a web site (that now I cant find ) that showed them being loaded and the thought of unloading 45 pins without a fork lift hurts my back just thinking.
    It appeared as they load the pins on end and side by side they also stack them on top
    working back towards the door.

sscb1.jpgsscb1.jpg

#5 14 years ago

Lol at brokedad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-imports-vs-usa-vs-exported-import-ahhh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.