Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0103191847d (resized).jpg
0103191847c (resized).jpg
0103191847a (resized).jpg
0103191847 (resized).jpg
0103191847b (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have two re-import machines (TOM and TAF) and both have lira coin door labels and mechs. Is it worth it to convert them to US? Does it change the value much? Obviously I'm not entirely obsessed with them being 100% US or I would be on this but I wonder if resell value is hurt or if it's easy enough (and cheap enough) to do then maybe I should?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have two re-import machines (TOM and TAF) and both have lira coin door labels and mechs. Is it worth it to convert them to US? Does it change the value much? Obviously I'm not entirely obsessed with them being 100% US or I would be on this but I wonder if resell value is hurt or if it's easy enough (and cheap enough) to do then maybe I should?

Not really; it’s like getting your house repainted - might help sell it, but it doesn’t really affect the value that much. Nobody really cares if they are reimported or not, provided they’re working, etc. One buyer may care about the coin door, another may not. They’re about $150 and take about 10 minutes to install, so up to you.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks.. $150 is definitely not worth it

#4 5 years ago

Rather have the more interesting foreign currency on it for starters.

#6 5 years ago

Yeah I mean me personally, I'm never going to route the things so doesn't matter to me at all. I got some Deutschmarks, maybe some Lira...kind of cool.
If someone is buying my game and is complaining aboot the coin mechs I'll just let them pass it on to the next person.

#7 5 years ago

Are you talking about the coin mech or the coin door?

The coin mechs can be had for about $10 and you can print or buy generic return reject label for nothing/cheap. But, having or not having them should change the value of the pin. Plus I think most people put their pins on free play.

If you are talking the whole coin door then, yeah, it gets expensive.

#8 5 years ago

Just the mechs. I can see the paper in the coin mech was actually changed (cut) already. Can you point me to where I could get the coin mech in the door for $10 for TOM and TAF? I mean, ideally I'd like to have the games complete.. I spent a lot of time getting plastics and cleaning and such so it'd be nice to fix if that is the cost.

#9 5 years ago

Can you point me to where I could get the coin mech in the door for $10 for TOM and TAF?

https://www.pinballlife.com/25-cent-standard-coin-mech.html

LTG : )

#10 5 years ago

If your door is a single chute door, then it likely has a programmable electronic coin mech. You'd have to ship the mech to someone to have it programmed to accept quarters or else you'd have to swap the entire door for a conventional coin acceptor (two chutes) door.

If your door is a two or three chute door, then all you'd need to do is swap out the foreign mechs for quarters mechs and change the labels inside the buttons.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

If your door is a single chute door, then it likely has a programmable electronic coin mech. You'd have to ship the mech to someone to have it programmed to accept quarters or else you'd have to swap the entire door for a conventional coin acceptor (two chutes) door.
If your door is a two or three chute door, then all you'd need to do is swap out the foreign mechs for quarters mechs and change the labels inside the buttons.

Hey Ken, thanks. I believe they are either two or three chute.

#12 5 years ago

Crazy, thanks!

So, would you or KenLayton mind confirming based on the pictures if that is correct for me?
Also, as you can see on TAF someone jerry-rigged one of the coin slots. Would these parts fix that?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-wpc-era-25-cent-chute.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-wpc-era-coin-reject-button.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-wpc-era-coin-reject-button-cover.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/paper-quarters-push-to-reject-coin-slot-insert.html

I'm the kind of person who would just replace all of those items (and paint the entire door) as long as I am doing it. So if those items work for both games that would be excellent.

Thanks!

0103191847 (resized).jpg0103191847 (resized).jpg0103191847a (resized).jpg0103191847a (resized).jpg0103191847b (resized).jpg0103191847b (resized).jpg0103191847c (resized).jpg0103191847c (resized).jpg0103191847d (resized).jpg0103191847d (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago

Would these parts fix that?

Yes.

#14 5 years ago

Incidentally. The link for the coin mech. That mech has two screw in posts and three holes on each side for various mounting on different coin doors. Your door would have two posts on one side high and low, and none on the other. Study the ones you remove.

#15 5 years ago

Yes, all those parts work on both of your doors. However, you forgot to add the coin reject button conical spring:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-coin-return-compression-spring.html

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Yes, all those parts work on both of your doors. However, you forgot to add the coin reject button conical spring:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-coin-return-compression-spring.html

HA... I actually had that in my cart thinking I would need it. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#17 5 years ago

This is on TAF. Could someone here tell me why the coin door lights wouldn't be working? I see they are violet/white violet and go to J119, if I remember what I just read. Is there a fuse just for them? I guess I'll need to go try to read the schematic (takes a long time just to find what I'm looking for!) and see what else is upstream of the connector.

#18 5 years ago

Could someone here tell me why the coin door lights wouldn't be working?

Bad bulbs, bad sockets, bad wiring, not plugged in. ?

Could be lots of things.

Shouldn't be to hard to follow. Coin door light - coin door interface board - driver board.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad bulbs, bad sockets, bad wiring, not plugged in. ?
Could be lots of things.
Shouldn't be to hard to follow. Coin door light - coin door interface board - driver board.

Is that really it? Is there no triac or other device on the driver board? Or is this some common voltage that other thing also use?

#20 5 years ago

Coin door lights come off one of the five G.I. fuses on the driver board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-import-machine-swap-coin-mechs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.