IMG_8320 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_1cb9 (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1cbb (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1cb7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).JPG
IMG_8441 (resized).JPG
IMG_8444 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Here's a CFTBL project that I have been working on since the container arrived in January. This was the nicest of the three games I got, and the regeneration of all three is mostly going great so far. I thought I would share a few pics of the three games as I bring them back from the depths of disuse. Converted to U.S., fresh boards, rubbers, coil sleeves, plastics, bulbs, a couple of rebuilt connectors, and lots of cleaning.

IMG_8444 (resized).JPGIMG_8444 (resized).JPGIMG_8441 (resized).JPGIMG_8441 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Looking forward to the progress pics! Subscribed.

#3 5 years ago

Nice. Came from Italy.

#4 5 years ago

Purty. Creech is a game you learn to love over time or at least I did. I had two ands sold them and later I wished I had it back. I found a nice one and put the naked PF in it and bought a naked translight and It will never leave. I just wish the hologram mod would get done.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Calipindave:

Nice. Came from Italy.

Yep! all three of them.

IMG_8449 (resized).JPGIMG_8449 (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago

I think it is interesting to note the color differences between the diamond plate and non-diamond plate playfields.

fullsizeoutput_1cb7 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cb7 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cb9 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cb9 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cbb (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1cbb (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Purty. Creech is a game you learn to love over time or at least I did. I had two ands sold them and later I wished I had it back. I found a nice one and put the naked PF in it and bought a naked translight and It will never leave. I just wish the hologram mod would get done.

I too have found that the game really grows on you. The more I play it, the more interesting it has become.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Yep! all three of them.
[quoted image]

I like to see the Lire coin plates. At 500 Lire there where times depending on the exchange rate where a game would have been cheap. In 1993 that 500 Lire would have been about 30 cents.

Dave

#9 5 years ago

This is the one that needs the most work. The hacks on the boards were pretty scary on this one. I dropped in new Rottendog boards, and replaced the connectors. I replaced the display. Been going through the top of the playfield bit by bit. The cabinet isn't too bad. There are some under playfield stuff that needs attention, I'm going to fix some bad soldering and refresh the coil sleeves. This one will take a while, but at this point, the electronics are mostly refreshed and ready.

IMG_8318 (resized).JPGIMG_8318 (resized).JPGIMG_8319 (resized).JPGIMG_8319 (resized).JPGIMG_8320 (resized).JPGIMG_8320 (resized).JPGIMG_8321 (resized).JPGIMG_8321 (resized).JPGIMG_8322 (resized).JPGIMG_8322 (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago

I have a extra PF for a creech if you want to sell one of those games Ill restore it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

The hacks on the boards were pretty scary on this one.

Someone asked me what the hacks were. Well, on the driver board someone had replaced the bridge rectifiers with a couple of mismatched parts and the job was pretty goofy. They didn't actually set them into the board, but had wired jumpers from the board to the BRs. I sent the board over to Chris Hibler, and he redid the whole board and fixed it up.
Here is a video of the repaired board:

Also, someone had wrapped wires around the fuses, and installed a stand-alone five-volt power supply to address the fact that the driver board wasn't providing stable 5 volt power. I pulled all of that out and sent the board to Chris.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
10,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-import-creature-rises-from-the-depths?hl=calipindave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.