(Topic ID: 20483)

Re-Dock Now! I finally have a Space Station!

By bpull

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by roger0043
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

full_playfield.jpg
drain_damage.jpg
ramp_damage.jpg
SPST_resize.jpg
SPST_1_resize.jpg

#1 9 years ago

It's been a long wait and a lot of searching but I finally have a Space station.
The Wife and I had to attend a wedding out of town which meant we would have to stay over night. So prior to the week of us going I decided to search the CL ads for that city. And although the ad I found wasn't for a Space station, I saw it in the back ground of the picture of the machine for sale. So I thought to myself, "It couldn't hurt to ask right?" well, as you can see, it worked out well for me.
She needs some TLC, but the playfield is in awesome shape with one wear spot near the left drain, A bad bumper coil , and possibly a bad transistor on the board, but it should be an easy fix. Part of my real job is repairing circuit boards. The right ramp will also need some fiberglass repair.
Can't wait to get this thing cleaned up and playing smooth!

SPST_1_resize.jpg SPST_resize.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Looks sweet. Let me know when I can come play it!!!!!

#3 9 years ago

Congrats! The PF looks very nice...

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Looks sweet. Let me know when I can come play it!!!!!

as soon as you get healthy enough to help me move it in to the basement.

Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Congrats! The PF looks very nice...

Thanks MrSaturn, Once I take some more pictures, I'll post them.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Can't wait to get this thing cleaned up

It already looks better than mine!
Nice.

#6 9 years ago

Awesome, I just picked one up the other week and green mode looks sweet with LEDs! Its in the best condition of all my machines.

#7 9 years ago

Ditto on the LED's for condition green. Pretty cool.

Damm... my Space S is folded up in the storage.... Jonesing for some Space Station now...

#8 9 years ago

thanks guys, I've been going through the machine tonight making my list of things to order. Green LED's are top on the list. Found a whole bunch of wrong size fuses in it. Yikes! 15 amp where an 8 amp is suppose to be. Holy Cow!

Quoted from Slate:

Ditto on the LED's for condition green. Pretty cool.
Damm... my Space S is folded up in the storage.... Jonesing for some Space Station now...

Get that baby out of storage and go green Slate!

#9 9 years ago

Congrats cool pin

#10 9 years ago

Congrats Im glad you finally found one and it looks nicer than the Chicago one you lost out on

#11 9 years ago

Congrats Im glad you finally found one and it looks nicer than the Chicago one you lost out on

Thanks hellfire, how is your machine coming along?

Here are a few more pictures of some of the challenges I have ahead of me. Nice drywall screw holding up the ramp eh?
I have lots of Mylar bubbles and I'm thinking that I may remove it and replace it. Any thoughts from anybody?

ramp_damage.jpg drain_damage.jpg full_playfield.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Bpull ive got the space station toy prototype done now just need to get the mold made so i can start casting resin ones, I have just about everything up and working now finally upper min PF about ready to install need to work on making replacement decals for it yet. and have back panel rebuilt and repainted but at least its playable now

You did get a very nice machine just need to remove the mylar a bit of cleaning and you will have a better machine than i do ATM
Leds realy make this machine pop nicely as well

#13 9 years ago

Congrats on joining the Space Station Club.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside